The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

View Poll Results: How much information is too much information? -Examples taken from forum-
Talking endlessly about your lexog experiences? 0 0%
Sharing information about your anal leakage-or any other leakage? 3 27.27%
Sharing graphic information about how your skin and bones are hanging out of your body? 0 0%
Talking about how you practically sleep with your Nazi memorabilia? 1 9.09%
Directly or indirectly talking about how rich or poor you are? 0 0%
All of the above? 6 54.55%
None of the above? 0 0%
Something else entirely? -Please enlighten us!- 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points
Default The Too Much Information Poll

Shamelessly using examples from the forum, what falls into the category of Too Much Information???

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

When people talk about sex so casually. So sad.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

oh ya, I didn't even think of that one, duhh!

Andrea

Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I'm going to go with anal leakage. That is just disturbing and I could have slept soundly the rest of my life without that topic coming up again.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM   #5
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Hah, i would say all of the above...but with exception to a couple...now, i'm a rabid collector of Nazi Memorabilia, but sleeping with it....wtf!? i'm sure there are some ppl out there who snuggle up to Mein Kampf and its there bible! (preferably i preferably prefer Mein Kampfy Chair) and in there Nazi battleflag regalia bedsheets...very sad. But as once mentioned to me, its never too much information so admit your interest in this, as its not really accepted in most ppl's lifes and thoughts.
Anal leakage!? where have i heard that from before? despite that...who in the name of hell really cares for anyones rectal problems! not me! too much info.
Lezogs....Hmmmm!?

Should have put ppl that jibber on and on and on about Jesus & God all the bloomin time, on how they fornicate with the divine one! babbling on about how the "one great saviour that will bless us un-weary souls" and "i will prey for you" and "jesus is within all of you" aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh SHUUUUUT UP!!!! i dont give a toss, we dont need preachers...if we wish to search our own faith then we can do so on our own accord...not having some gimp arsed git screaming down your neck till he's red in the face, and trying SOOOO HARD to convince you its the proper thing to do...so HEH!
Anyway yeah....too much info :coffee22:
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
bukowskis widow
JKF Member

bukowskis widow Between 0 and 10 points

Em...did I miss something?
Sorry if I sound stupid.
bukowskis widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukowskis widow View Post
Em...did I miss something?
Sorry if I sound stupid.
No you missed absolutly nothing....its me, i'v lost the plot....and i'm stupid...very very stupid
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilingmeat View Post
Hah, i would say all of the above...but with exception to a couple...now, i'm a rabid collector of Nazi Memorabilia, but sleeping with it....wtf!? i'm sure there are some ppl out there who snuggle up to Mein Kampf and its there bible! (preferably i preferably prefer Mein Kampfy Chair) and in there Nazi battleflag regalia bedsheets...very sad. But as once mentioned to me, its never too much information so admit your interest in this, as its not really accepted in most ppl's lifes and thoughts.
Anal leakage!? where have i heard that from before? despite that...who in the name of hell really cares for anyones rectal problems! not me! too much info.
Lezogs....Hmmmm!?

Should have put ppl that jibber on and on and on about Jesus & God all the bloomin time, on how they fornicate with the divine one! babbling on about how the "one great saviour that will bless us un-weary souls" and "i will prey for you" and "jesus is within all of you" aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh SHUUUUUT UP!!!! i dont give a toss, we dont need preachers...if we wish to search our own faith then we can do so on our own accord...not having some gimp arsed git screaming down your neck till he's red in the face, and trying SOOOO HARD to convince you its the proper thing to do...so HEH!

Lol, whoa, take a chill pill man! In case you missed the fine print I was referring to recent topics of um, discussion on the forum, and as far as I know there aren't any bible thumpers on the foum, so that's why I didn't include that...
but, um, thanks for sharing???

Andrea

Old 02-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

WHo was talking about how rich they were?

Let me clairfy, the Corvette is a used 80's version!
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
Banned

Hey Marc,

You are serious about the flags and paraphenalia, are you? that's just wrong, man. Aren't you a Brit? I thought you guys hated that whole thing with a passion. If you are one of those who don't, let me jog your memory, with these little nuances, V-1 buzzbomb! Killed your whole capitol city and killed thousands. I sincerely hope you're not into that stuff.

Jones
Old 02-23-2007, 12:03 AM   #11
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

lol, if there is one thing you don't have to school Marc on it's anything to do with Nazi's and WW2??

Andrea

Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 AM   #12
Banned

I'm a buff myself, been all over and collected an entire setup for the WWII airborne soldier, spoke with several Band of Brothers vets from E/506. yep, I'm a buff, too. Spent my childhood studying about it, love it, love my WWII. I was going to major in that era of history for college, but it won't take me anywhere, so I chose US Civil War studies, not that it will help, either. Marc, we should talk sometime, get together and talk about our favourite parts. I've also got an INCREDIBLE D-DAY collection. PM me if you're looking for anything, I'll let you know if I can get it. But I have a strict rule, their is NO, absolutely NO German WWII regalia or paraphenalia in my home, so if that's what you're looking for, you've come to the wrong ship.

Jonesy
Old 02-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #13
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilingmeat View Post

:lmao2:Hehe. Well, I am a Christian, but I will say I can't stand those types you know, the kind that violently force their beliefs on people, while the same time are hypocrites and act so crazy and irrational. They misrespresent Jesus and make the rest of us Christians look like hypocritical arseholes. That only loses followers, not gains them. So in short, they're the ones doing the devils' work. I think more people would be Christians if they were more like Jesus and less like...Bush. If people want to spread the word they should do it by peacefull setting an example and talking when asked, not screaming "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!" or "JESUS HAS REJECTED YOU!" You can't force anything on anyone (unless you're authority figures like parents), you need to just do your thing and let them decide for themselves. And I think it's laughable when people tell stuff people's faces like, "I'll pray for you", cause if they really meant it, would they have to tell it your face- it's more like they're just saying it to be arrogant. However, it's also narrow and bigoted to be intolerant and disrespectful of religion- so both left and right extremes are wrong. Moderation is what this country needs instead of a bunch of extremist crybabies.

Last edited by wackyoverkhaki; 02-23-2007 at 02:03 AM.
wackyoverkhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:08 AM   #14
Banned

I like your post and agree with heverythhing you've said, except one thing: "I'll pray for you" is perfectly fine to say. I can't say I've had an overzealous life, but to lose a man under your command, or to lose a best friend, or a parent God forbid, people like hearing that you are in their prayers. I know that I don't say it unless I do really mean it, and I mean it the few times I say it.

Prime example, I lost a man just a few weeks ago, a good friend and I'll never forget him. This man's services were held and his friends and fmamily were their, packed out the funeral home, amazing. I'd never seen that before, because my father's funeral had seven people, myself, my stepfather, my older brother, my mother, his dead weightlifting buddy's wife and hher new husband, and anaothehr woman who used to cut his hair who ran a convenience store alongside it. I've never seen a funeral home FILLED like when my buddy died, not everyone had a place to sit.

Point is, I must have heard thirty people say to his wife, "Your in my prayers." and I venture to say maybe ten people actualy prayed. You're right, Melinda, it is B.S., when people lie about it. But I don't say it unless I'm praying, or already have prayed, or am deliberately setting up a time to go to pray. I don't use it often, but when I do, I follow through.

I hate those people who say it to be politically correct. If you say you're going to do it, THEN DO IT. Do it right then, right there, no one will laugh at you, and if they do, then they are the ones who will answer later in life with misfortune.

My father taught me his creed, as he was another one of the fmaily in service, a Ranger, he said, "We know we're going to hehaven, because we've been through hell." I believe it, too. you know if you do the right thing and don't impose your religion on others but allow them to learn on their own, then you're doing the right thing. But again, don't forcefeed the religion to people.

Their are many religions on this forum: Kiera mentioned she was a buddhist(whethehr thhat is Mahayana, Shinto, or Therevada, I don't know), I know someone here is methodist or presbyterian, there might be some Catholics, I'd imagine with the few from Ireland here. The U.S. has a hihgh Protestant outreach, which means that a lot of people here Protestant. The howle notion is thhat allowing one's own hcoice is what is necessary to develop true integrity.

I used to know this guy, my old commander, a Captain Word, and he was a sumbuck when it came to religion. EVERY SINGLE DAY, he'd try to convert me, from nthing to this Protestant lover of Jesus. He told me that if I wash my sins, and walk a good path with the Bible in my hand and Jesus in my heart, that I would walk beside him in the kingdon of heaven. I had him forcefeed that into my throat EVERY damn day, about hohw I was going to hell because I hadn't accepted Jesus. I couldn't argue with him because I was a Petty Officer 1st Class and heh was a Captain! he could bust me all six grades of rank in an instant, but when I finishhed, I told him what an arrogant fool he was, and how his recruit or execute ethods of Chrhistianity put him in the stone age.

It's people like him that give Christianity a stalking, touchy touchy feely feely name for itself. The Pope should excommunicate those people from the Church. If you want to help someone, walk up to them and give them one of those little pocket vest Bibles, and say nothing, and then walk away. That's one way I learned to believe.

Jonesy
Old 02-23-2007, 04:37 AM   #15
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points
Wink

When I say to someone that I'm praying for them, I MEAN IT TOO. I wouldn't say something like this if I didn't mean it. I am a compassionate and honest person and if I feel the need to tell someone I'm praying for them, I tell them. And I do it!! Some people do say this and don't mean it, and those who are saying it only to be PC or to seem "nice" are ruining for those of us who REALLY DO MEAN IT!! They're fakers, posers, LIARS. They're not walking the walk and talking the talk if you know what I mean.

I completely agree with what's been said here that the hypocritical, shove-it-in-your-face types are ruining the name of Christianity for all of those of us who are true believers and are flourishing in our own personal relationship with God. You know, the ones who seem all proper & perfect at church and then outside of church are completely out of line. The phrase I heard that I really agreed with at a Casting Crowns (a Christian band) concert was that these people are simply "putting their 'Jesus' on", like a Tshirt or a pair of pants. When they physically leave the church they "take their 'Jesus' off". These are the people who give us a bad rap....