The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour > Jewel Tour Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-25-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
continuitygirl
Members

continuitygirl Between 10 and 49 points
Default What Can We Do To Get Jewel To Come To England?

I've been a Jewel fan since 1997, and I was lucky enough to see her perform 3 times in England, but she hasn't performed a concert in Europe for 5 years. I was wondering if there was anything we (her fans) could do to persuade her to pop over here before she decides to have children.

I was wondering if all of her UK fans could maybe send her a postcard asking her to come to England. I think an actual postcard would have more of an effect than an email as you can't ignore a pile of postcards, but you can ignore a full inbox.

Any other ideas?
continuitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I am in contact with her manager and have asked the question to her directly and either I get a response of "There are no plans to perform in Europe" or the question is more often ignored. I would love nothing more than to see her live and even if she played in the UK, I'd be happy to hop on a Ryanair flight over to see her. No hesitation at all.

I like the idea you have though but I wouldn't know where to begin really.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Lol, you know what Kiera, what the the management meant to say was "we have no plans to come to Europe because": "we are fully aware that your cows still have mad cow disease, oh! and France is still on strike, oh and Gordon Brown is still in charge, oh and the pound is too low, oh and basically we suck!"..............thats what they really wanted to say.

lalalala
dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
continuitygirl
Members

What if we all printed off this image stuck it to a postcard and wrote a short note asking Jewel to come back to London?

I'm not sure which address we should send it to though?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jewel.JPG (46.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Jewelika
JKF Member

Jewelika Between 0 and 10 points

I live in Spain and I'll travel to London to see her play there. I want to see her in concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a fan of Jewel since 1996!!!
Jewelika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

I've asked Jewel's manager this question directly and I never seem to get a straight answer out of it so Dave, you might be right!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
continuitygirl
Members

We have hope I asked Jewel on twitter:

"continuitygirl@jeweljk Any chance you will come to the UK to promote the album, we'd love to see you!
8:00 AM Apr 24th from web in reply to jeweljk"

And she replied:

"jeweljk@continuitygirl I love the UK and Europe! Touring would be fun again- it has been too long! I will try to remedy that...
8:17 AM Apr 24th from TwitterFon in reply to continuitygirl"
Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
piecesofuk
JKF Member

piecesofuk Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by continuitygirl View Post

"continuitygirl@jeweljk Any chance you will come to the UK to promote the album, we'd love to see you!

And she replied:

"jeweljk@continuitygirl I love the UK and Europe! Touring would be fun again- it has been too long! I will try to remedy that...
Wow, that's cool that she answered you!

I wouldn't expect Jewel to tour outside the US with Valory/Big Machine, I don't think any of their artists have toured outside the US. Perhaps if Atlantic release a Best Of album then we might see another world tour.

Chris.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by continuitygirl View Post

And she replied:

I asked her the same question but she didn't respond but I'm so glad she answered you and that we have some idea that it's a possibility down the line, even if it's not with Valory. At the end of the day, she doesn't have a golden handshake with them and is still free to do her own thing (such as the Lullaby album which is nothing to do with Valory) so perhaps she still could tour here.

Everyone keep everything crossed until she does!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #10
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points

[B]Hi,like you guy's,i am also in the UK and have hoped for many years that Jewel would return here to do some gigs,even Europe would have been possible to travel easily enough to these days.
Anyway,due to her getting married to Ty a year ago i,like everyone else,is fully expecting that they will start a family in the near future and touring outside of the US would be out of the question for some time,so i have decided to bite the bullet and travel to the US to see her 'live' before its too late and i miss my one possible chance.
I have just bought a (VIP Experience,Meet & Greet) ticket for her Nov 4th show in Sarasota,Florida so i will get a pic taken with her and meet her,i know it will be a very quick meeting but it would be a dream for me that i never thought possible.
I am so excited,its just around 4 weeks away now,i still cant believe i am going to see her perform 'live' and also meet her....WOW.
I would still love her to come over to the UK in the future,hopefully that will happen,i will ask her face to face on behalf of the (JKF) if i have the chance to,when i see her in Florida.
I will say that her (JKF) UK and European fans are desperate for her to play some gigs over here in the future.
Hopefully she will take some notice when we are forced to travel from the UK to the US to see her,keep your fingers crossed everyone !!!

Cheers Crawfy !/B]
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote