The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
simmadana
JKF Member

simmadana Between 10 and 49 points

I think it's her. And who else is excited for a studio version of Rosy and Mick!!!??? I'm totally requesting it this Saturday!
simmadana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #17
never.alone
Jessica

never.alone Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bird View Post
I find it interesting how she comments about playing some of the new stuff so that we can 'pass it around'

Just as well she doesn't have a record label out there anymore to censor that kind of comment and stop anything like that happening. YAY.

All in all though, doesn't seem like her writing style. She is much more articulate than that and has never asked direct political questions like that before or even asked questions at the end of a blog. It's not like we're able to respond...per se.
yea the whole asking questions at the end of the blog threw me off..i was like is she really going to read ALL those responses?? oh well.

alone. always. alone. never. alone....

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
http://blog.myspace.com/butiwannaplay
never.alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #18
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Lara Between 0 and 10 points

I think it's Jewel... there really wouldn't be no reason why someone should invent a letter to fans. After all we are her fans why wouldn't she want to write to us? She's too kind not to write us... and it's not such a big deal to write a billetin every few months...

And I can't wait to hear Rosy and mick as well as Studies in Love...btw I always wonder why is it called Studies in love... I understand now it is "Perfectly clear" which makes sense now... (I'll have to update my Jewel collection with the new name now
Old 10-19-2007, 12:02 AM   #19
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmadana View Post
And who else is excited for a studio version of Rosy and Mick!!!??? I'm totally requesting it this Saturday!
I'm totally looking forward to that one too. Hope she plays it for ya.

"You thought I didn't notice the skin on your teeth had a tear."
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #20
kelane6
JKF Member

kelane6 Between 10 and 49 points

Totally sounds like a text message kind of conversation I could so see Jewel typing out on a boring plane ride.
kelane6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #21
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points

This is what Mr.BB over at the official forum had to say when vanciver asked him about "Perfectly Clear".... Very exiting!

"The original title was considered when we were finalizing the lyric transcription. Jewel went with "Perfectly Clear" for obvious lyrical reasons and published it as such. From here on out that is the official title. The studio recordings of this came out particulary nice and it will almost certainly be on the next album. Alan"
Old 10-20-2007, 02:00 AM   #22
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

yeah, I think she's trying to play down her big name and really get in touch with her core fans.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:37 AM   #23
colorfulhorses
JKF Member

colorfulhorses Between 0 and 10 points

The one thing in the note that I know is Jewel, is the part about naming her album. I remember back before 0304 was named she mentioned that she always had a hard time at naming her albums..So I would say it is for real...but on the other hand, Jewel has always really not cared if Radio played her songs, she didn't write to please radio, and yet mentions that is why she will get a label for radio air time. But sounds like to me that labels are not jumping out trying to sign her or she would have already signed.
colorfulhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #24
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

Jewel has always cared for radio, she's said it many times. She can't MAKE them play her, but she always does radio tours and stuff. And it was not the first time she's said that radio is still the best way to get records heard. Also, if you've followed Jewel's letters to her fans over the years, you'll see they all follow the same pattern - the u's and r's, the low caps, the wrong phrasings, the xoxo at the end. Just search for her old letters and see for yourselves.
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #25
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulhorses View Post
The one thing in the note that I know is Jewel, is the part about naming her album. I remember back before 0304 was named she mentioned that she always had a hard time at naming her albums..So I would say it is for real...but on the other hand, Jewel has always really not cared if Radio played her songs, she didn't write to please radio, and yet mentions that is why she will get a label for radio air time. But sounds like to me that labels are not jumping out trying to sign her or she would have already signed.
I think the problem with finding a record deal might have more to do with the terms of the contract. I'm sure there are plenty of record companies that want Jewel but they both have to agree on how many albums she will make, how much they will pay her, and much more I'm sure. Jewel is in a position where she can go with a company or put out the record independently so she's not going to settle for just any contract. It's obvious she had problems with Atlantic and she probably wants to make sure whatever happened doesn't happen again.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #26
Sam78
JKF Member

Sam78 Between 0 and 10 points

Not sure if this has been posted or not...whether or not she actually wrote and posted this blog entry herself (I tend to think she did), the guitar pull part of it was true--see this link.

I kind of hope some video from this event emerges, but judging by its "exclusive" nature, I'm doubtful. At the very least, I'd love to see a setlist for Jewel's contribution--it sounds like it was an awesome show.
Sam78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
BTMYH2005
Members

BTMYH2005 Between 10 and 49 points

It seems real to me... I am SOOO excited that "Rosy & Mick" will be on the album!!! It's one of my favorite Jewels ongs of all time. I love it acoustic and can't wait to hear the CD version.
BTMYH2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 AM   #28
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points

Yeah! I freakin' LOVE Rosy and Mick. I can't can't can't wait to hear the new album!!!!
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #29
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

I love Jewel and everything but I am not too crazy about the Title of the album being called "Home". I mean it is very simple and just not very catchy.
Maybe something about like Change or Hope or about starting new or something to that effect. Something that reflects one of the words i said lol
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #30
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

I actually like the name 'Home' for the album. I think it is appropriate, considering the subjects she mentioned the songs are about. It would also please a country audience too (country fanatic here!) because it's not too flashy and it's something everyone can relate to. I have a feeling that this will be Jewel's greatest album yet.....I think that just by not having any restrictions about what she can record will allow her creativity to blossom on this CD. I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR IT!