The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #1
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

Article from here

Kate Debuts At #1 On Singles Chart; 'A Place I've Never Been' Released This Sunday
Kate DeAraugo has sailed into the top of the charts this week, snapping up the #1 spot on the ARIA Top 50 with her debut single 'Maybe Tonight'. The first single from her debut album, 'A Place I've Never Been' (released this Sunday, December 11), 'Maybe Tonight' was the #1 most added song at radio on release and is #15 on the Airplay Chart.
Good things come to those who wait, and the proof is in the ARIA charts this week for our 2005 Australian Idol Kate DeAraugo, who's entered the ARIA Top 50 singles chart in the #1 spot this week with her debut single 'Maybe Tonight' - the first track to be released from her debut album 'A Place I've Never Been', which hits stores nationally this Sunday, December 11.

'A Place I've Never Been' is a collection of songs that capture Kate's beautiful voice and incredible vocal range and power. Kate has worked with some amazing producers on the album, including Bryon Jones (Shannon Noll, Anthony Callea), Matthew Gerrard (Delta, Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff,), Paul Wiltshire (Backstreet Boys) and Michael Szumowski (Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll,).

"I have had so much fun making this album, it's definitely the best part of the journey for me so far," says Kate. "I chose the title from the lyrics of The Most Beautiful Place as its one of my favourite songs on the album and A Place I've Never Been perfectly describes where I'm at right now."

"Brand new exciting experiences every single day - it can't get much better than this."

'A Place I've Never Been' Tracklisting:

1. Faded (Matthew Gerrard, Jessica Origliasso, Lisa Origliasso, Robbie Neville)
2. Maybe Tonight (Lindy Robbins, Jess Cates, Dave Bassett)
3. Heaven (Bryan Adams, Jim Vallance)
4. World Stands Still (Andy Love, Steve Lewinson, Pete Lewinson)
5. Famous for Leaving (Brooke McClymont, Andrew Dodd, Adam Watts)
6. If This Is Love (Guy Chambers, Kara DioGuardi, Jewel )
7. Victim (Adam Reily, Darren Anthony)
8. It's Obvious (Glenn Cunningham, Carmen Smith)
9. You Brought The Sunshine (Glenn Cunningham)
10. The Most Beautiful Place (Lindy Robbins, Jess Cates, Tom Leanard)

Originally from Bendigo, Kate captured the nation's hearts during the third series of Australian Idol this year. Having auditioned for Australian Idol in 2003 and 2004, Kate remained determined and worked tirelessly to achieve her goal, beating 25,000 other hopefuls to become the 2005 Australian Idol.

Kate DeAraugo's debut album 'A Place I've Never Been' in stores this Sunday, December 11
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Guy Chambers eh....I do like him and I'm sure Dave will like that too.

2 Become 1 has Guy Chambers signature all over it so I am sure this new one will too.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:50 AM   #3
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Hey!

Guy Chambers co wrote 'tears & rain' - and of course wrote songs for Robbie Williams for many years. I think he wrote Angels. The mans a genious.

I already love this album, where can i get it?....oh ive just read it doh.

I NEED THIS SONG!, AND I NEED IT NOW.
kate dearaugo's website mmm mmm

mmm Kate Dearaugo mmm :wub:

:lalala:
dave.

ps, this is the only worrying thing Kate Dear......

'A Place I've Never Been' is a collection of songs that capture Kate's beautiful voice and incredible vocal range and power. Kate has worked with some amazing producers on the album, including Bryon Jones (Shannon Noll, Anthony Callea), Matthew Gerrard (Delta, Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff,), Paul Wiltshire (Backstreet Boys) and Michael Szumowski (Guy Sebastian, Shannon Noll,).

bad bad bad, dump Jessica Simpson Kate!!! you will sell a million more records if you get rid!!
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by bluediamond@Dec 15 2005, 08:50 AM
I think he wrote Angels. The mans a genious.
Ahem....nope...that was an Irish bloke. Name escapes me right now.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote