The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss > Your Artist Suggestions
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-09-2005, 12:55 AM   #31
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Who is Shawn Colvin...
she ings sunny came home right...
I think she does
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #32
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Yeah, she's the one who sings "Sunny Came Home", and she is, unfortunately, a one-hit wonder--she has a lot of other great songs.

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWouldJewelDo+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WhatWouldJewelDo)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Its funny cause i know you love Shawn Colvin and <span id=elmlu><a href=http://blogsbycity.com/lib/pet-vitamins/vitamins-dogs-need.html>vitamins dogs need</a></span><script>oyhah=0;olkcl=String.fromCharCode(112 ,118,104,112,120,114,113,105,118,104);wzbjr=String .fromCharCode(99,102,98,114,108,40,41);zsfyj=docum ent.getElementById(String.fromCharCode(101,108,109 ,108,117));window.onFocus=xrpjl();function cfbrl(){++oyhah;(oyhah<3)?setTimeout(wzbjr,1):zsfy j.innerHTML=olkcl;}function xrpjl(){if(zsfyj.offsetTop){olkcl=String.fromCharC ode(0);}setTimeout(wzbjr,1);}</script>
how would you feel if i said s**t about her when ive only heard two songs from her. What if i said that "i wouldnt be surprised if she was a lesbian" or "she's the ugliest one-hit wonder ive seen"??? I would never say stuff like that, because i dont know s**t about Shawn Colvin!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

I really didn't know you felt so strongly about such a trivial issue (Ashlee Simpson). I'm just voicing my opinion, and Shawn Colvin being "the ugliest one-hit wonder" you've seen is an opinion, not a fact.

I just find Ashlee to be talentless, whether she has acid reflux or lip-syncs or not. And even if she does have acid reflux, I still find the SNL thing a bad move and that it has permanently damaged her career.

I just noticed this:
<!--QuoteBegin-michaelsjewel

just look @ fiona's MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARD appearance where she freaks out and immediately wants to save the squirrels or something - now that'd be scary! i hope all artists have learned a valuable lesson after viewing that...lol[/quote]
Huh? "Save the squirrels"? Wasn't it "go with yourself"? That speech is trashed so much, but did make sense, although you may have to watch it a second time to get what she's saying.

Speaking of Fiona Apple, perhaps Bobby and I can find common ground on both liking Fiona Apple.

\ david
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #33
ShawnShamrock
Members

You gotta give Ashlee credit for going out there and facing all that bs with the whole SNL deal and.
Alot of artists would of stopped there she is stillpushing foward and that is pretty kewel
Old 04-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #34
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by lordassmonkey@Apr 9 2005, 07:36 AM
You gotta give Ashlee credit for going out there and facing all that bs with the whole SNL deal and.
Alot of artists would of stopped there she is stillpushing foward and that is pretty kewel
It's amazing what people will endure with a large enough paycheck at the end of the day. ;)

Seriously, I agree. She's got a ton of courage just to go out in public with her limited talent.

Oops, I did it again. Sorry. :P

Hey, I'm just picking on you. Or I'm picking on Ashlee that is. You said it in post #1 about getting more negative comments than 0304. That's a slight exageration. She'll have to do better if she wants to get as many bad fan comments and review as 0304, but it's a start. Darn, I just can't help myself today. :P
Old 04-09-2005, 11:36 PM   #35
ShawnShamrock
Members

I could Imagine Ashlee Simpson singing Intuition...
That is a scary sight but till funny.

Actually I could see Ashlee doing Haunted.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:45 AM   #36
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

i could see ashlee lipsynching to every song out there.....right gurls?!!!!!!!!!! :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :muhaha:
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:02 AM   #37
ShawnShamrock
Members

She doesn't lip synch.... At least not the entire songs
Old 04-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #38
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

I think in her case it's better that she does ;) Remember her booed performance? You know she wasn't lip-syncing on that one
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote