The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-13-2005, 01:03 AM   #1
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Somebody is selling the password to the presale for $4.95. Seems kind of cheesy to me. Ebay Item number: 6525128480 I didn't even know this show was announced yet. It's not even listed on the Ticketmaster site at all, but the venue has it listed as follows:

http://www.pabsttheater.org/
Quote:
WYMX welcomes
Jewel
Fri., July 22
eMember presale April 18
Tickets on sale April 22
Here's the e-bay listing. I suspect all you need to do is register with the venue to get the password. Not being from the area I didn't try, but I certainly wouldn't pay this person any money.

Quote:
JEWEL @ Pabst Theater, Milwaukee

July 22, 2005

You are bidding on the presale password to allow you to buy tickets during the presale April 18th before they go on sale to the general public. YOU SHOULD GET GREAT SEATS!

When payment is received, I will email password within 9 hours. Although it should be a lot quicker than that. Remember this auction is not for tickets but rather for the password to buy tickets during the presale. Also this does not guarantee you tickets.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
MrCC
JKF Member

And I just got the E-mail from Unedited about the next round of presales that lists this show. I'll post info about tour dates in another thread that is about this.

Also I registered with the Papst Theater. If anyone is intersted in presales direct from the venue this is what they say:

Quote:
Thank for your joining Pabst eMembers!!

eMembers is your connection to the latest news, information, announcements and your key to presales to buy before everybody else does and get the best seats in the house!

By the way, have you seen this place yet? It's incredible!! 109 years old and you're new! Thank you very much for your interest. We hope to see you at the next performance!!

Presales Starting April 4 at noon

Brian Wilson August 23rd Use code SMILE When ordering

Presales Starting April 11 at noon

Eric Johnson June 15 Use code EJ When ordering

Presales Starting April 18 at noon

Jewel July 22nd Use code JK When ordering

Thanks again for registering. If you have any questions or wish to order tickets call 414-286-3663 or online at www.pabsttheater.org

Sincerely,

Your Friends at The Pabst Theater
Pabst Theater
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
email: emembersupdates@pabsttheater.org
voice: 414-286-3663
web: http://www.pabsttheater.org
Old 04-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I've just alerted Jewel's management about it. I don't think this is fair to th Unedited members, like me who pay for the privilege of having this service.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by little_bird@Apr 13 2005, 05:18 AM
I've just alerted Jewel's management about it. I don't think this is fair to the Unedited members, like me who pay for the privilege of having this service.
Kiera, just to clarity it's not the Unedited presale password. It's the password to the venue's presale that I posted and is for sale on E-bay. There are often several "presales" - the Fan club one, the venue one, and sometimes there is even a Ticketmaster one. The fan club one starts a few days earlier than the venue one so we still get first pick of seats.

I would be upset if they were selling the the Unedited password too.

In this thread I was more upset that people might be tempted to pay for it. I went ahead and registered my info on the venue's website and within five minutes I received an E-mail with the passwords to all the venue presales. I posted the password so nobody here would be tempted to pay anybody on E-bay for something that should be free.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

there's similar things happening that they sell passwords or codes for other products......i believe i remember seeing a coupon code for gateway products on there to pay 10 dollars to get 1000 dollars off of a brand new tv.... now that's a deal!!!! lol - i wonder how many people bid for it though....
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Oh right, now I get it.

My head is in a scramble at the moment. trying to finalise the purchase of my house and so far, priorities in my mind are with 'Do I have the right documents?', 'How will I pack all this stuff?' 'How will I get all this stuff moved with no money to pay a removal company?' 'Did I ring the waste disposal people to arrange a wheelie bin for the house?' Actually, I didn't do that yet, gotta go.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
MrCC
JKF Member

No problem Kiera, I may not have made it completely clear in my original post.

Here's another issue related to this thread. I consider paying over $150 for instant live recordings to be questionable auctions too. These two items sold yesterday:

Cleveland at Cain Park 7/16/04

Toledo, OH at Toledo Zoo Amphitheater 7/19/04

Considering that there are plenty of "bootlegs" of these recordings floating around it's surprising that people are willing to risk so much money on these items. They look real, but anybody can make professional copies today with the printers that print onto CD's.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
michaelsjewel
Member's

i saw those cd's and was like...omg that's lots of money for a cd - i'm not willing to spend that much - i'll buy what's real instead ^_^
Old 04-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #9
MrCC
JKF Member

Here's part of an E-mail about the presale for the Milwaukee show I just received from the venue. The venue presale starts today. Read my other posts for the venue's password:

Quote:
Jewel
Solo Acoustic
July 22nd

A contemporary folkie renowned for her expressive, crystalline voice, singer/songwriter Jewel is among the most successful of the many new female performers who have dominated the pop charts.

"You Were Meant for Me", "Who Will Save Your Soul", "Standing Still", "Pieces of You", "Hands", "Foolish Games" - just a few of her hits...

This is your chance to see Jewel, up close in a special acoustic set! You know The Pabst. It's intimate, the sound is incredible and every seat has a close and great view of the stage.... This is a chance to see Jewel, not from the lawn at an outdoor concert with 10,000 other Jewel fans... but with 1,308 of your closest friends.... and JEWEL.

Presale Starts: April 18 at noon
Presale Ends: April 21 at midnight
Presale Code: JK
Onsale to the Public: April 22 at noon
Old 04-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #10
MrCC
JKF Member

I just got this notification on an E-bay I was watching, but did not bid on. Looks like somebody turned in this auction as a possible bootleg. If it was a bootleg then I'm glad they are cracking down on that.

Quote:
Dear Mike:,

The following listing:

4720916903 -LOT 3 RARE MUSIC CD CDS LIVE ACCOUSTIC JEWEL

was removed by eBay because a Verified Right Owner (VeRO) Program participant notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its copyright. We strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.

You can get more information on the VeRO Program at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...s-vero-ov.html

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this issue.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department) eBay Inc
Old 04-22-2005, 10:56 PM   #11
michaelsjewel
Member's

there was some ebay auctions that i was told something of that sort too...b/c ebay says u cannot sell brand-name artwork online i guess? either it was a remake or a fake....or just cannot sell them online? i thought they were cool artwork vases and was happy to bid for them - though i wasn't willing to outbid the other persons!