The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-18-2005, 04:08 AM   #1
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

DONT MAKE FUN OF 0304, it is honestly one of the best pop records out there.

YOU SHOULD ALL BE BOWING DOWN TO 0304. Without 0304, Jewel would definatly not
be as famous as she is. Even tho it didnt sell that much, it still got her a lot of attention that she need.

Because lets face it, no one cared about Break Me or This Way or Serve The Ego, but once Intuition came out, everyone was like 'OMG I LUV JEWEL!'

Its funny how you all make fun of 0304 tho, ESPECIALLY MR CC and ASPCJ, because I doubt ANYONE can get up there and deal with the crap Jewel does and have nearly as much talent as she does, Cuz lets face it, if you wanna preach to the choir, you SURE AS HELL BETTER KNOW HOW TO SING!

Keepin the Jewel in Cali-JEWEL-ifornia

BmAK

P.S if you have an issue with 0304 you can just lick my :mooner: :lol: Im Just kidding. :bunnyjump:
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:08 AM   #2
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

lol...... yah, even though not many bought 0304, they did love intuition ....they were like...jewel's awesome.... i played BREAK ME remix @ the prom and everyone was like.....omg that's a good song - but they never heard it thanks to atlantic's pathetic promotional skills! as for serve the ego, lots knew it on the dancefloor actually - it did quite well.

and i agree.....0304 was something that should be hailed - she was brave for doing it and i think it came out the best jewel could do - it's still jewel style wise - even if many don't agree and it's one of my favs.

though, you might not want to be so...threatening.....u may just be kicked in the :mooner: by the moderators!

BY THE WAY...where did you get those COOL AVATARS? ;)
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
Lissa
Members

Lissa Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWouldJewelDo@Mar 18 2005, 05:08 AM
Shows how much you know about music. :mooner:

BTW, all music is open to criticism. In other words, we can say whatever the hell we want. :P
Old 03-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

I think people protect this album because they like Jewel. So they'd defend anything that comes out from her. They'd rather believe anything that she says than think that she lied to her fans
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
michaelsjewel
Member's

yah...i'd defend jewel...but i also like the album ....and little does he have taste for music? um.... that's a bit far dear and it is one of the best POP albums i have, probably is the best one i have to come to think of it
Old 03-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

I see 0304 as a moderate commercial success. I like it, but it's not in heavy rotation in my collection. Once in a while it's OK. It might be one of those albums that only seems to make sense when you're under the influence of some kind of chemical substance. Since I'm not into heavy drugs it just doesn't click with me. ;) :P :blink:
Old 03-18-2005, 08:03 PM   #7
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
I don't really listen to music that is classified purely as "pop", so I can't really comment on this. Who knows, maybe it is one of the best pop records out there (although I doubt it), but it definitely isn't Jewel's best pop record.

Quote:
YOU SHOULD ALL BE BOWING DOWN TO 0304.
Anything but that.

Quote:
Without 0304, Jewel would definatly not
be as famous as she is. Even tho it didnt sell that much, it still got her a lot of attention that she need.
Because lets face it, no one cared about Break Me or This Way or Serve The Ego, but once Intuition came out, everyone was like 'OMG I LUV JEWEL!'
I do agree with you on the point that 0304 made Jewel more famous, despite it having lower sales than the rest of her albums. But the fact that everyone loved Jewel when "Intuition" came out I find just a bit sickening. I find that they have a misconception of Jewel...they don't seem to remember "You Were Meant For Me" or "Foolish Games" and think of Jewel as some kind of pop-princess.

Quote:
Its funny how you all make fun of 0304 tho, ESPECIALLY MR CC and ASPCJ, because I doubt ANYONE can get up there and deal with the S**t Jewel does and have nearly as much talent as she does, Cuz lets face it mike, if you wanna preach to the choir, you SURE AS HELL BETTER KNOW HOW TO SING!
Do you?

Quote:
Keepin the Jewel in Cali-JEWEL-ifornia

BmAk

P.S if you have an issue with 0304 you can just lick my :mooner: clean! :lol:
No thank you. I hope this means I don't have to trash 0304 behind your back otherwise. ;)

\ david
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #8
MrCC
JKF Member

You can say "lick my :mooner: " and not get censored? What's up with that mods?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:15 AM   #9
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Oh boy, another 0304 thread. How fun this is to argue with people who will never ever ever agree about anything regarding 0304. Oh the joy. I'm so freaking TRILLED! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angry: :angry:

Could all of you please just shut up already? I've tried avoiding these threads, but it's really hard to when one pops up every few days. JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry if I sound too harsh, but come on people. It's been almost 2 years. Give it a rest already, PLEASE.

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:02 AM   #10
MrCC
JKF Member

Amen.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #11
michaelsjewel
Member's

oh well..i'm still going to fight for the album if ever comes a reason to again...b/c i won't just let it happen !!!! :lol:
Old 03-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #12
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Lol Angel :)
They winding you up again ?

:lalala:
Dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:28 PM   #13
Jewelluvr
Members

Jewelluvr Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes@Mar 19 2005, 03:15 AM
Oh boy, another 0304 thread. How fun this is to argue with people who will never ever ever agree about anything regarding 0304. Oh the joy. I'm so freaking TRILLED! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angry: :angry:

Could all of you please just shut up already? I've tried avoiding these threads, but it's really hard to when one pops up every few days. JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sorry if I sound too harsh, but come on people. It's been almost 2 years. Give it a rest already, PLEASE.
I couldn't have put it better myself, Tracy.
Jewelluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:20 PM   #14
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

I realize that you guys are annoyed with this. And I usually try to avoid this topic as well.. you haven't seen me reply to any 0304 comments before
But let me just put something to rest with Mike
Is it a good pop album? Maybe. But I guess like every other pop album it's out there to make money
Is she being artistic, or is she coming up with fast crap that will sell to the masses? C'mon. We all know that she's come up with a lot of bull s**t to protect this work
Intuition razor commercials, L'Oreal hair color.. she's in it for the money
She's commercializing her product. Where does she stand with you now as an artist?
I'm very glad that she's coming back to her original work.. but we all know that it's because her other project didn't work
Her fans would just rather defend her than know something like that about her, you know?
You know ;)
And I never mentioned anything about anybody's taste in music..was the second part of your post directed at me?
Please don't make anymore off-topic coments. This discussion is already started and going, with a few points made. If you're unhappy with the discussion you don't have to reply. I realize that this thread has been started many times- but two years or not there are still a few points that I would like to bring up. I think a few people miss the essential things about this album
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Tracy and LonelyLullaby do have good points...it is true that voicing our opinions on 0304 is getting repetitive...but some of us still feel like voicing them, over and over and over again. Maybe Jewel shouldn't have made an album that would be so controversial among the fans. ;)

\ david
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote