The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points
Default anyone have a Jewel Routine

I don't know about y'all, (Southern term, sorry)

But I enjoy listening to Jewel when I do things throughout the day. ANybody else do theh same around here?

Prime example, I love to listen to Morning Song in the morning when I eat the same breakfast as always, three scrambled eggs, ham slices and English Muffins with marmalade from Fortnum and Mason with Pussers Rum Old Navy Marmalade only. (Sorry, if y'all knew me, you'd know I'm a sitckler for the foods I eat, and scrambled eggs tops my list of favourites).

Inbetween my first and second cup of Colombian Pure or Costa Rican coffee, I listen to Morning Song, with the window open to let the sun in and give a little hope to the house, or sometimes on the front porch, just to say I did.

If I'm having a rough morning, "Good Day" calms me down and brings me back to reality, with optimism.

During the long automobile trips, "Drive to You", "Angel Needs a Ride" or "1000 Miles Away" are appropriate.

Each night, I fall asleep to either "You Were Meant For Me" or "Angel Standing By". They seem rather theraputic to me and help me doze off. (I mean that in a good way, not that her music makes me tired.)

Y'all get my drift? Does anyone else listen to a particular Jewel song during a certain time each day that FEELS apporpriate, like Morning SOng does to me.

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
motoslam
mo

motoslam Between 50 and 149 points

i cant say that i have a big routine like urs but i do have to listen to a couple of jewels song before i go to school like wen im brushin my teeth n stuff. I dunno y its like if i dont ill have a bad day at school. its kinda weird if u really think about it.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:30 AM   #3
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

Lol at you both having the same signature, hehe! That pic certainly stroke some chords, huh? Anyway, I always listen to Jewel. She has so many different songs that that is always one that fits my current mood perfectly!
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
Banned

Yes, indeed. Photographs like that made cave men chizel on walls. I'd be scared to death to meet her in person, I think I'd hyperventilate! does anybody else other than myself feel Jewel hsould be put up for the award "World's Greatest Legs of All Time"? Or is it just me?

Anyway, aside from joking, it's nice to listen to Jewel's albums and not have to look at Luciano Paverotti on the cover. I think it makes the album better to have an attractive artist. I used to listen to all male artists, like Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash (Ole J.R. with "Beans For Breakfast"), Vic Damone, PHil Collins, Juey Lewis and the News, Robert Palmer, Axel Rose, Cutting Crew, and Rod Stewart. Well, it is indeed very nice to have a female singer to look at, and a lovely one she is.

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Old 02-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I don't have a routine. I tend to just listen to Jewel most of the time and stick my collection on shuffle. The odd occasion, I'll pick out a song in particular to suit my mood but mainly, whatever the computer decides next is what I end up listening to of Jewel

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

Every summer when I vacation at my cottage, I listen to the Pieces Of You record all week, because that's what the record reminds me of...it's become a tradition!
wackyoverkhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I listen to her whenever i'm cleaning haha it makes it go faster
Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #8
Banned

Yeah, that it does. Cleanaing sucks. "I hate cleaning, so I have to clean all the time." -Bridgman.

It's easier to pick up a washcloth and clenaout the sink for thirty seconds every day, than spend three hours on Saturday to clenaing. or at least thhat's Bridgman's opinion.

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Old 02-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #9
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

no routine really... If I am extremely depressed I will listen to Spirit and I will feel better. Other than that I just sort of listen however..

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote