The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-24-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
carney43
Members

carney43 Between 10 and 49 points

Let me start off saying what a wonderful time we had! Our time with Jewel was oh so short, but she is strikingly beautiful. And Caitlin, our guide, was a sweetheart. They gathered everything we wanted signed onto a cart and Caitlin took to them to her bus to be signed, and then we got to have our picture taken with her. The worst part was us having to stand in a hallway with not much air conditioning, waiting for arrival. They got a bit lost on the way!

Her show had alot of different songs! She said she was in a funny mood, not wanting to sing anything she knows well. "And that is so bad" she said while laughing. Another funny moment was she needed to clip her nails. And she was serious about it! Someone from backstage came onstage to give her his clippers, and she proceeded to clip away. It was hysterical seeing her nails fly up in the air.

She sang alot of songs that I wasn't familiar with, so please bear with me. Plus I was so into the show, I may have forgotten some songs. So if anyone else was there, please add or correct me!

Started out with Somewhere Over the Rainbow. She also did (in no particular order) Stand, Hands, Satellite (which will be on her new album), Carnivore, Stephenville, TX, Morning Song, New Wild West, Deep Water, Who Will Save Your Soul, You Were Meant For Me and she did a song she co-wrote with Joe Firstman. Don't remember the song but something to about everything reminding me of you. And she did this song about being the other woman. Joe Firstman was on the side of the stage going nuts over this one! When he came out, he mentioned he has toured with her for quite a bit, and she is really putting some stuff out there tonight. Even he was taken in by her set. Oh, and she did an old song All The Animals. She had to look up the lyrics on that one from her notebook of lyrics that she carries. Before her usual ending of Chime Bell and Perla Gloria D'adoravi, she did the song "Too Damn Hot". Cause it was!! Very hot and humid day in Illinois.

She ended by saying she has the smartest fans in the world, that they don't mind her trying new stuff, or doing some obscure songs, and for that, she thanked us.

Wish I had bought tickets for tonights Merrillville, IN show now . . .

Cheers everyone!
carney43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Well if that isn't the best account of a show then I don't know what is!

Excellent detail there. Can't thank you enough. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait to hear her next album. I know a lot of the songs already that have been mentioned to be on it but the list is growing. Now I know Satellite will be on it. So far, I love all the ones I know that will be on it. Much of them are my absolute favourite Jewel songs so to hear album versions will be so excellent.

Also, I love that she clipped her nails. No one else would do that. She is so cool and normal. I just adore her. Wish so much that I could have been there. Wish so very much that I could just see her again, even just once.

So please Jewel....PLEEEAAAASSEEE come back to Ireland!

Thanks again Carney

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:42 AM   #3
april
Members

april Between 10 and 49 points

Alright, a while back I promised details...now I must deliver...so here goes...

The show was unbelievable, which is the only word I know to use when describing a Jewel show. Being back stage for the meet & greet I missed Joe's set and I was a little bummed about this, but I got to see him on Sunday night...which is another story. :clapjoy: As already mentioned, Jewel arrived to the theatre late and walked in shyly, hardly making eye contact. She was dressed in a tan jogging suit and had her hair pulled up in a clip of sorts. When it was my turn to take a picture I asked her in a low tone, "Can I put my arm around you?" as though she would either get stuck in my sweaty armpit socket or I had something unexpectedly sexual to say to her (like the dentist/chair comment). I told her I was kidding and she got a kick out of this...I almost got a snort out of her.

Jewel came on stage dressed in cut off denim capris and a tank top. She opened with Somewhere Over the Rainbow, then began to play Near you Always, but tuned her guitar down and played Does Anyone believe in Love. She asked those of us who recognized the song how we had heard of it? hehehehe... :offtopic:

I'm still giddy over hearing All the Animals. When she said she was going to play it, I thought for sure she was joking or possibly mistaken. This one song made the entire trip worth while.

Other songs (in no particular order, but I tried to remember as best I could) include:

Carnivore, Deep Water, Hands, New Wild West, Satellite, Break Me, Morning Song, The Other Woman, Stephenville, Stand (which she stated is one of her favorite songs she's written), YWMFM, WWSYS. Encore: Per la Gloria, Everything Reminds me of You (with Joe Firstman, who I think was a bit inebriated at this point), Too Darn Hot, Chime Bells.

It was a great show...so good I made an unexpected appearance in Merrillville, Indiana the next night...which details/setlist will be posted soon.
april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
carney43
Members

carney43 Between 10 and 49 points

You are welcome Little Bird :)

Hope Jewel makes it out your way once the new album is released. :tmbup2:
carney43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Another funny moment was she needed to clip her nails. And she was serious about it! Someone from backstage came onstage to give her his clippers, and she proceeded to clip away.
yeah... it's really hard to play guitar with long fingernails. sometimes they pinch and make the guitar make a buzzing sound.