The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss > Your Artist Suggestions
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #91
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

I dont know who's worse in my view...Kelly Osbourne or Charlotte Church!

Ok i will start with Charlotte: As an opera singer or as a classical singer shes moderate, in fact im sure she has a huge fan base, but now! OMG shes turned from nice little 'next door type' to full on boys mag material.. :o how does that happen? im proberbly being stupid but WHY? - she now thinks she can do pop music, its just not right, its sick & wrong.

Now onto my most worst, ugly, discusting, cant sing THING! 'Kelly Osbourne'. hmm, where to start.......... I know, i will tell you about when i went to see Robbie Williams at Knebworth in 2003, 125,000 Robbie fans, brilliant day. We were just walking into the arena when we heard a shouting match coming from the stage, we look over and theres Kelly Osbourne shouting obscenities at the crowd. This all BEFORE she starts to sing...badly!. Her words were something like 'Oi you, yeah you, i suppose your bitching at me because im not Robbie?, well f*cking put up with it all you c*nts im here and at least im not dressed up like stupid f*cking sl*gs waiting for that gay icon'

....please dont quote me on exact translation, but that was honestly, hand on heart the first thing i heard. My partner heard it too and so while she sang (loose term of phrase), we had a burger.

In my view, Kelly Osbourne IS NOT worthy of being called an artist, shes a jumped up little girl who plays off her daddies bank balance, hmm yeah proberbly. Get this! in my opinion shes even worse than Jessica Simpson! and thats saying something. :dir:

:lalala:
Dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:12 PM   #92
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I have to agree with you Dave. I am not a Kelly Osbourne fan. I like her last single but only coz its a complete copy of Fade to Grey and her voice is very manipulated with sythesisers and stuff.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #93
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Yup, i'll also agree with you there Dave! coz she has such a famous dad, she thought for a slight instant she could grab some fame...and it went tits up!!! :P she's looked at as only a snobby lil rich girl....she really believes she is a good singer (she aint) and that she really really can be something (she cant)... and for some ultra strange reason she just cant give it up.(most wannabe artists know when to stop when they know there rubbish) as you said she'll forever be nothing but Ozzy Osbournes spoilt daughter and nothing else but!!!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:18 PM   #94
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

did any of you catch her acting in that show "Life as we know it"? ehh, it was an ok show, i think there was a plot to it somewhere between all the horny teenage hump scenes :dunno:

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #95
doyouwanttoplay
Members

doyouwanttoplay Between 10 and 49 points

*runs away from thread after being emotionally scarred by Avril hatred* :o

For me, I really can't stand...
* 50 Cent (Talentless, egotistical, womanising idiot - he dosen't sing, he DRONES)
* The Game (Same as above, just more of 'em)
* Crazy Frog (Musical artist? Well of sorts, "he" was #1 in the UK - outsold Coldplay's single!)

I can't think of any others for the moment...I'm not into most male singer-songwriters but that doesn't mean I hate 'em, hehe.

I actually quite like Ashlee Simpson's album - however, I'm not delusioned enough to think she's talented :lol:

I'm glad to see Girls Aloud haven't been mentioned in this thread - I have a soft spot for them :wub:
doyouwanttoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:53 AM   #96
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

^^Aye 50 cent, could'nt agree with you more! he's pathetic and sooooo annoying :lol:
....ooh and errr 'Girls Aloud' hmmm...i forgot about them -_-

ok where shall i start :P naaah lol, the only good thing about girls aloud is *red carpet please* Cheryl Tweedy :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

She is just pure beauty, not my ideal lady mind you but veeery nice none the less!!! prefer Goth meself :rolleyes:

-Marquis De Sade-
Old 07-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #97
doyouwanttoplay
Members

doyouwanttoplay Between 10 and 49 points

Cheryl Tweedy, Cheryl Tweedy... mmmmmm! :wub: Definitely the best out of the band... though I'm getting more swayed towards Kimberley now-a-days B)

Completely going OT from the current thread (though maybe not in some people's opinion!) - I'm currently smitten with Kelly Clarkson! Something about her in the "Since U Been Gone" video just gets me! :wub:

But back onto bad artists.. have you heard what Pras has done to U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"?! :wacko:
doyouwanttoplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #98
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

oh here's one I DO NOT like but I can't pinpoint why exactly. First of all, I was shocked when I found out it was a bloke singing the song but it is just annoying anyway.

James Blunt. What the hell is up with his voice? Ugh! It is so forced. I could sing better myself!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:48 AM   #99
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Hmmm, james blunt! i'v heard of that annoying geezer...he does have this voice that really bugs the hell out of ya, and its as if he's also putting it on just give him that stupid sound :angry:
Justin Timberlake...may you rot in the burning pits of hell for all eternity!!! i hate your voice and your stupid gay boy poncey dancing :redface:
Thanks to what ever god is out there buy making 'Busted' break up :clapjoy: ...that now leaves 'McFly' to be purged for there talentless pathetic misfit crud they call music *spits*
...and i curse the most darkest entropic wrath of all thats evil upon the man who created the 'Crazy Frog' song!!!!! still idiotic fools are playing that f*&%$@g song :gnash: like Mat said the other day "it beat Coldplay to #1" Coldplay are an excellent group with talent and a vibrant/marketable future.....theres so many people out there 'wasting money' on rubbish these days!?!?

-Marquis De Sade-
Old 07-31-2005, 06:57 PM   #100
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

:lol: dont hold back marc tell us what you really think ;)
ya, i cant stand justin, but to condemn him to hell...dont you think thats a bit harsh, maybe a more fitting torture would be to put him in a small little room and force him to listen to...Alvin and the Chipmunks
or a leaky faucet, sure water torture could be fun :muhaha:

and i am sure that there are plenty of gay boys who can dance who took great offense to being compared to him (i know i would) ;)

:bananarock: :bananarock:

Andrea

Old 07-31-2005, 09:46 PM   #101
georger
JKF Member

georger Between 10 and 49 points

Veilingmeat -- My taste in music is in many ways diametrically opposite to yours.

But my point of view is virtually identical.

I'm saying this as I'm importing some ELP into iTunes here. The majority of my taste is in folk, classical, blues, jazz and country with a small amount of 70s and 80s music as well as some of today's. Though I can't understand the attraction to distortion, as in metal, one group whose vocals have impressed me is Evanescence.

I can spot talent and a good song with no difficulty. But it's very much like a desert these days.

Yes, today it's all about profits and "feeding the machinery". It's almost at a religious status, this strange obsession with such obscene profit margins and status, all such an artificial and perverse form of worship!

For 24 years I've been playing my bass, looking for a "break". I'm very good technically but I'm not "idol" material so apparently I don't count - me and countless thousands like me.

I'm just about ready to give up. My degree in electronics engineering isn't worth much when so much is disposable these days. So I've been considering returning to school. I'd like to learn flying, to get a commercial or instructor rating.
georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:28 PM   #102
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

^_^ ya, i keep telling joe to just write some crap song, throw a couple basic chords and beats in it and send it off, he should sell millions overnight that way

oops, did that sound too sarcastic? :blink: :P :lol:

one song that i CANNOT stand pops into my head...dont know the band name, is it Train? but this line is sooooo whiny and annoying (to me atleast)
"I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a -plane?- I'm more than some pretty face beside a train...and it's not easy to be-eeee meeee"

blech!

Andrea

Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 AM   #103
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Kelly Osbourne!

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #104
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

that one guy who's trying to be black and his dad is from growing pains, something thicke
robin thicke that's it, i can't stand that one song of his lost without you it drives me friggin bonkers
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #105
never.alone
Jessica

never.alone Between 50 and 149 points

i dont like any of his music either..blech!

alone. always. alone. never. alone....

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
http://blog.myspace.com/butiwannaplay
never.alone is offline   Reply With Quote