The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 AM   #31
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Crawfy, the "maybe we can be your 'Angel Standing By'" was one of the nicest things that anyone's ever said to me.

In combination of your words, and Kiera's (Little Bird) and DreamsLastSoLong, and all of you others, I really feel quite at home in this forum.

(Oh, and by the way, just to tarnish my image, I'm acutually American, but I'm about as clsoe to a Limey as you can get). Here go Crawfy and Kiera, uh-oh, they lost all respect for me now, just kidding.
Thanks so much, Jones!! We love all our new JKF members and want them all to feel welcome and comfortable here. We've got such a wonderful bunch of fans here and we always help each other out!! Glad you're enjoying it here!!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 AM   #32
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfy-Glasgow View Post
We are always glad to help anyone who has an opinion on this forum.
There is no respect lost with you being an American,as you can guess from my i.d,I'm from Glasgow Scotland,and i was on holiday in November in Florida,it was my first visit to the US,and i can honestly say that everyone we met,from shop assistants,waitresses,and even the lonely little Toll booth Attendants on the Highways,were all fantastic,friendly people,i would visit the US again in a heartbeat.
There are lots of places i would love to see,Calafornia,Las Vegas, Memphis,Nashville,San Fransisco and New York.I will have to start saving i guess.
Which part of the US are you in?
It's been really good to correspond with you,i reckon your a cool kinda guy Jones,so keep in touch with us all here mate.

Cheers,Crawfy !!!
That's so wonderful to hear, that you had a great trip to the U.S. Crawfy!! Did you end up going to see Jewel in November when you came over?? I didn't remember if you said you had or not...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:47 AM   #33
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

Jonesy, Jewel's music is wonderful and we all love it here. Don't let anyone make you feel ashamed for it. Everyone has at least one or more musical artists that they love, and we all just happen to love Jewel. The demographics here are of people from every walk of life. What we have in common is Jewel's music...Stand up for what you believe in and don't let anyone tell you any different!

And guess what??? YOU'RE NOT ALONE ANYMORE!!! You're hanging out with us COOL people on the JKF! Welcome aboard, friend!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #34
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points

Hi Jones,

How are you buddy,hope all is well,and i hope that you are enjoying the JKF.
I had noticed in a previous post that you said you had bought Jewel's poetry book 'A Night Without Armor',but i would highly recommend her other book 'Chasing Down The Dawn'. You will probably get it off Ebay,i think it will be right up your street,it's a fantastic read.I must admit,i really don't read books,but this one had me hooked,she is so wonderfully descriptive in her writing,and i found it hard to put it down,i an sure all the JKF members would encourage you to read this book,i loved it,and i would bet my life that you will too.
Let me know if you manage to grab a copy,and keep me posted on your opinion of it.

Cheers mate,take care,best wishes,Crawfy !!!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #35
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

Actually, you struck theh nail right on the head, I ordered it from a local bookstore and it is supposed to be in this Saturday. I ordered the actual book and I intend on ordering the audio for both hit and ANWA. SOmetimes, actually all of theh time, I like to hear things like the radio or something like that, and an audio book is right perfect for a fella like myself. It's like 'hearing' the poetry spoken to you, it shows where the author wants emphasis on what words, and gives me the story in her own way. I love the concept, and if Chasing Down The Dawn is anything like ANWA, I know I'll love it.

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Old 02-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #36
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points

Yeah,i'm thinking of getting the Audio myself,i reckon i will order it shortly,i was just about to read the whole book again,but i think the Audio will be a good alternative.

Cheers Crawfy !!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #37
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

You're certainly not "gay" for listening to Jewel and anyone who says that has issues of their own. You'd have to be flamin' NOT to like Jewel...she's beautiful! I'm a girl, but I've received similar comments from certain ignorant losers for liking Jewel just because I am black- I've been called an "Uncle Tom" which is so ludcrious because heaven forbid I happen to like a few artists that aren't the same color is me! Some idiots have the notion in their head that if you're black then every single artist you like has to be black as well, otherwise you're an "oreo", which is retarded and so not true. The last time I checked I like all kinds of music and artists both black and white and anyone who is too narrow to accept and grasp this are the ones with the problem. I'd take this advice and apply it to your situation too. In my eyes, if you're a real man you shouldn't feel the need to prove it. People who are insecure in their manhood are the ones that feel the need to overcompensate. Hope this helps!!!

P.S. I know of plenty of manly men who like Jewel anyway...you're not alone!;-)
Old 02-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #38
Banned

That's what I mean, I'm the key of birtuous masculinity, but I feel a little odd listening to such feminie stuff. People think I'm turning into a softie or homosexual or something, and I'm not.
Jones
"The Lonely Angel"

Last edited by 007; 02-12-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #39
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I'm not trying to be rude but it is somewhat offensive if a straight male or woman uses the word fag or faggot.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #40
never.alone
Jessica

never.alone Between 50 and 149 points

yea guys you really shouldnt use the words faggot or queer
someones feelings could get hurt

alone. always. alone. never. alone....

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
http://blog.myspace.com/butiwannaplay
Old 02-11-2007, 02:23 AM   #41
Banned

Okay, I've edited the post, and my apologies. Last Dacne Rodeo mentioned he was a homosexual and I did not mean to use that verbage and have him read it, for that I do apologize. All I meant was that it brings about questions if I'm in the closet due to my musical taste. I listen to music to release my spirit and to rid of theh day's dragging emotions,and in essence, to cleanse myself. We are all humans here, we all take a shower to cleanse the oils and dead skin off of our bodies; well, music deoes thaht to my spirit. listening to songs like "Good Day" or "Angel Standing By" help rose tint my world and keep me safe from my troubles and pains. I used wordslike that in accident, 'gay' or otehr words because I guess I'm southern and it comeso ut sometimes, I really didn't mena it.
Apologies again,

Last edited by 007; 02-12-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:53 AM   #42
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

Shoot, look at me. I dont only love Jewel. I embarrissingly love the spice girls, and all the solo acts, Madonna, ect. Look at my TV choices. The Golden girls, Americas next top model. I should have GAY carved in my forhead. But I dont. Thats just what I like. I just like things that are enjoyable. But I also like lots of rock groups and dumbass tv shows. You intrests can vary.

I am about to take up a new hobby. SPELLING LESSIONS! did I spelel lessions right?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #43
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

I sort of have this problem, but not with family. I mean my wife gets tired of hearing jewel but it's not like she thinks I am gay or anything ha ha. However I don't exactly advertise Jewel when I am out.
You know how guys are... they want to know who you are into, because they are into Korn or Slipknot or ICP or any other hardcore type music and I am just not into it... so it's ackward for me to explain the type of music I listen to to other guys... so yeah it might be sort of bad to "hide" it... but I don't exactly walk around belting out the lyrics to Break Me or anything haha

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #44
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Okay, I've edited the post, and my apologies. Last Dacne Rodeo mentioned he was a homosexual and I did not mean to use that verbage and have him read it, for that I do apologize. All I meant was that it brings about questions if I'm in the closet due to my musical taste. I listen to music to release my spirit and to rid of theh day's dragging emotions,and in essence, to cleanse myself. We are all humans here, we all take a shower to cleanse the oils and dead skin off of our bodies; well, music deoes thaht to my spirit. SOmetimes I have really bad nightmares about things that I did a long time ago, and listening to songs like "Good Day" or "Angel Standing By" help rose tint my world and keep me safe from my troubles and pains. SOngs like that lull me back into slumber mode, most peacefully.

I just want to reiterate my feelings, to Last Dance Rodeo and to anyone else who got the wrong idea: I have nothing against homosexuality or participants in it. I, myself, prefer women, jsut as much as they prefer men, there's nothing wrong in it. Hey, at least you have someone, which is more than I can say for myself, because I have no one, and never have. And I never will. I believe, deep down in my bones taht I'm God's lonely man, an EveryDay Angel who's call sign is "The Lonely Angel". I'm glad that you have someone, because it is a true feeling to be treasured, as I understand it. I was watching Eddie Murphy on "Coming To America", dancing about the streets singing "To be loved, to be lvoed, Oh what a feeling to be loved." I don't really know that feeling, even from family and parents, because they divorced when I was young, and kept me in the dark until today, and they both wanted full custody of me, whcih meant that one week I lived with one parent, and who knows what happened the next week. It turned them into greedy people that didn't take time out to show their love for their children, and my older brother became dull and callused over it, where I was the baby brotehr who he always shielded me from it all, and I grew up thinking they all hated me. So, from childhood until the death of my father (in which my brother tried to keep from me but couldn't last long and yielded it to me) I believed that I was destined to be an individualist, a quiet creature who will be acquainted with the night, a nocturnal dweller of a delinquent society that is unmistakably not alone, except me. This is why I am the way I am, and I only feel comfortable saying this because the users of this forum can't really do anything, they haven't seen my face, nor know my real name, so nothing can be judged. My older brother dates an African American girl, and the whole family ostracizes him for it, because they believe it can't be true love because theh colour of her skin. I know the girl he dates, known her for ten years, since we were in junior high school, and she's lovely, very sweet, and a great personality to boot, but no one in my entire state of residency sees it this way. They all stare at them when they go shopping or eat at a restaurant, and I'm surprised that they haven't been refused service. It amazing at how people are so different down here, and I don't want to be like the people down here, so i am alone, where no one can touch me.

As far as my cold hearted post before, I do apologize, it's merely something that was instilled in my head from a young age from a Southern posh family with conservative morals and believed quite simply that they were at the top ofo the food chain. I'm trying to get out of the habit that I learned over the years, and reeally see that the world's people are all equal, no matter what race or sexual preference, and I didn't mean anything bad to anyone who read it. I do want to express my heartfelt guilt, as it is not my heart speaking, but merely my obselete Southern manners in a dying state. Calling someone a 'faggot' or 'queer' was not my intent. It's just a misuse of words that I meant to purvey in the wrong manner. I think that people hear a masculine heterosexual male such as myself doing ab crunches, drinking pomegranite juice and doing two hundred pushups each day, constantly walking around the house with his shirt off to flelx his abs, basically being a blueprint of virtuous masculinity. They see me doing crunches and listening to something with very feminine overtones (Jewel) not to mention the fact that I'm totally alone, and they question: Is he gay?

I guess I spent the last several paragraphs trying to explain why I am the way I am, and the entire point of the thread has gone to show it. I don't mean to be this way, but I am reading up on literature of the equal rights subject, trying to become more socially and ethnically sensitive. I know this sounds terrible, but it's not my fault that this was my upbringing.

Apologies again,

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Ok I do understand where you are coming from but I think you are worrying about it WAY too much. I don't think you have to explain yourself over and over. And honestly the way you are throwing your motives for using slurrs like "faggot" on being a Southerner is kind of a cop-out and it gives the members who aren't from the south a jaded view of the south. Not all southerners walk around judging everyone and displaying the much-overkilled "hillbilly" character. Most of the people I know aren't anything like that. I just want to make it clear that that isn't how all southerners are.

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

Old 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #45
never.alone
Jessica

never.alone Between 50 and 149 points

yea i'm southeren
i know people like that
but most arent

alone. always. alone. never. alone....

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
http://blog.myspace.com/butiwannaplay
Closed Thread