The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

View Poll Results: Do you think 'Reflections In A Mirror' is fun, a pleasure to sell?
Absolutely! 2 20.00%
Maybe 4 40.00%
No Way! 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Jewel-Hands
JKF Member

Jewel-Hands Between 0 and 10 points
Cool New JEWEL_ ALBUM!

I saw on Wikipedia that Jewel make soon a new album; but it is a complication of songs from al her albums; it called 'Reflections In A Mirror', but I think the album isn't fun. www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflections_In_A_Mirror
Jewel-Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
Jewel-Hands
JKF Member

Jewel-Hands Between 0 and 10 points

Jewel_New_Album_'Reflections_In_A_Mirror'
Jewel-Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points
Thumbs down

I did see that article, and if it's accurate, then I'm honestly disappointed. What the masses would have wanted was a compilation of her radio singles they've come to know and love, who would have finally gotten a chance to own them since they've been let down by those versions not appearing on her albums like they expected. But instead, it's some double disc set of newly rerecorded songs which were perfectly fine to begin with. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. "Who Will Save Your Soul" is perfect and it's a shame she felt the need to butcher it. Atlantic would have been investing their money better as well as pleasing the masses had they done it the former. And me personally, while I was able to get most of her radio versions via CD singles, some of them I still haven't been able to find, like the "This Way" radio mix, and was looking foward to the possiblity of finally getting all of her radio mixes including the ones I don't own or haven't even heard on one hits CD. Instead, it's not a real hits CD at all but some "Jewel butchers her songs" CD. It's basically Jewel covering Jewel. This CD seems to be have made in Jewel's interest, disregarding the fans' interest.

And it's not like that's the first time Atlantic has made poor business decisions regarding Jewel. They have seemed to really screwed her over for the past few years, with the lazy halfassed promotion and poor single choices. On her past two records they have failed to release the best hit-worthy tracks (such as selecting the weakest track on the record "2 Become 1" and "Stand" for singles instead of the amazing "Sweet Temptation" which could have been a HUGE hit and done Jewel more justice, and "Fragile Heart"). And as far as GBAIW goes, I think "Only One Too" would have been the right single choice. "Stephenville, TX" is a good song, but it was probably the worst possible choice for a single.

Last edited by wackyoverkhaki; 02-25-2007 at 09:50 AM.
wackyoverkhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

This isn't accurate at all. A lot of the information on there is rubbish. The unfortunate thing about Wikipedia (except Jewel Wiki) is that the information is so easily faked. Anyone can go in and make changes. It's one of those things that I don't like about Wikipedia.

Of course, Jewel Wiki can be relied on as Robby keeps that all in check really well and I would recommend everyone go there instead of the Wikipedia pages.

I have checked with Jewel's management directly, and there are no plans as yet for a greatest hits album. So I take this with a pinch of salt.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
M€RIO
aUsTrIaN kIlChErIaN

M€RIO Between 50 and 149 points

Now Im unsure that this article is a fake, because it really seems if its true. Why should anyone write that, it must be a jewelfan who wrotes that i think. But its weird. Why should jewel pick Cleveland or Gloria on her greatest hits album? I dont think she would do that. I was shocked when I read that Goodbye Alice In Wonderland would be cuted down to 3 Minutes!!! That would be veeeery weird, and the label wouldnt wasting 2 cds for 21 cutted songs i think, it would be apply on one cd. So I also think now that it is a fake.... very dissapointing.....

~i wanna pilot a plane with you

~so all our problems look small too

~i
ts just an inch from me to you
~depending on what map you use

*jewelonpianoandmore=)*
M€RIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

Yeah, when we're writing research papers for any of our classes we aren't allowed to use Wikipedia, because usually it's virtual butt wipe.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

I just about had a heart attack when I saw this thread! "What?? It's out already???" But it's most likely not true as Wikipedia can't be relied on. :-(
Old 02-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

I personally would like that track listing... If we do see a greatest hits i would proabaly say it had to be sooon that it came out..
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #9
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm030584 View Post
Yeah, when we're writing research papers for any of our classes we aren't allowed to use Wikipedia, because usually it's virtual butt wipe.
Hahaha no kidding- that's why I said "if it's accurate". I'd say about 35% of the info on that website is reliable. The rest is bias, stretched or "embellished" truth, or just flat out lies and pure BS. One of my favorite websites is a really hilarious parody of Wikipedia that you can see here:
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

And I'd say even they are more accurate than the original