The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
mjuehl3
JKF Member

mjuehl3 Between 0 and 10 points
Default New Blog from Jewel!!!

Jewel finally posted a blog!

Quote:
Married!! Posted in From Jewel on August 15, 2008
Hi everyone!!! Well, I guess you have heard by now that Ty and I eloped and got married!!!! We just got back from our wedding and honeymoon, and I'm headed to my next show- St.Louis tonight!

So, here's all the dirt....
Ty asked me to marry him the day after we shot the video for "I Do". It was my birthday, and I was so surprised!!! I wrote "I Do" about me and Ty, of course. We have sort of been teetering on the edge of this for some time- but not really talking about it. I could just feel us both sort of contemplating and weighing everything out. And that's what I wrote the song about. How dangerous and serious it is. A Game Until Its Played was a line I wrote in a poem several months earlier, and it struck me as a good start to the chorus. Ty and I have seen failed love, failed marriages, divorced family, broken hearts- all of the risks- all around us our whole lives, and marriage and children were something we take so serious. Tying our lives to one another forever, and what that involves, is no light matter! As beautiful as love is, we have always looked at it like a wild animal- beautiful, but deserving of a healthy respect ‘cause it’s also potentially very dangerous!
So I wrote the song one day as all this was running through my mind and heart, about being on the edge, and wondering if he would jump in!
So, I wrote the song last year, and it became my second single this May.
We shot the video, and headed home where he proposed to me May 23rd. I said yes of course! We then looked at our schedules to see how soon we could get married, and the soonest I even had 3 days off in a row wasn't 'til august. We decided to elope, because it would have been too short notice to organize all the family and friends scattered around the world. Plus we wanted it to be intimate and private, with no paparazzi, and the only way to really do that was to elope. We knew our family would understand, because they know us so well and know how private we are and how bad we hate organizing parties! Plus I knew our families would just be so happy we finally got married, that they wouldn’t care how we did it!
So, Ty gave me a leather strap with a key on it, instead of a ring. (A diamond would have given us away) and I would wear that on my left hand. It was really fun to have our own little secret that just we knew about. I'd wear it on TV shows- like Nashville star- and folks would ask about it- and I'd just say it was the key to Ty's heart... Well, august came fast! Even such a small event was a lot of work to organize- especially as a secret!
My old key board player Jason Freese (he's in Green Day’s band now) and his wife were at my San Diego Brad Paisley show, and he mentioned he was a minister, that he had gotten ordained online - and that's when Ty and I decided to tell him and his wife about our plans, and have Jason marry us!! So the four of us went to the Bahamas and it was just magical... I can't even describe it... It was perfect! I loved my dress, I loved the cake, I loved our rings, and I loved the beach and the sunset.... It was absolutely perfect! I walked out to Otis Redding's song, I've Been Loving You Too Long. We wrote our own vows. Our first dance was Don Williams’ I Believe in You, and then we sat down to eat- by this time its dark, and suddenly we hear fire works! As a present, the hotel had a boat just off shore explode 20 min of the most amazing and huge fireworks I have ever seen! And we danced as they exploded! It was like a fairy tale!
The next day we ate a great dinner at Nobu and celebrated with the hotel at the club (they are so nice there that it’s fun- the club and the hotel made pulling the whole thing off possible- and they went above and beyond making it magical- so it was fun to hang with everyone and have a drink and relax and soak it all in!) I got to take pictures with lots of fans that night at the club (does anyone have a fan pic from that night?)Was anyone there that night that's online with us?) The next day Jason and his wife Amy, Ty and I all got on a yacht we rented, and we headed out to sea! It was so relaxing. Finally alone, and quiet, I really got to enjoy myself- I had to keep pinching myself! We explored deserted islands, snorkeled, ate such good food (the cook on the boat was amazing!) I will start to post some pics over the next few weeks- but I just wanted to check in with you all now that I'm back in the United States, a married woman!
I will see some of you this weekend on tour- its going to be so fun to sing I DO tonight- with a whole new meaning!
More later, but that's all for now, xx jewel (AKA Mrs. Ty Murray!!)
mjuehl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

WOW thanks for sharing this!! She sounds SO HAPPY!!!