The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #16
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by kjm030584@Feb 11 2005, 08:20 PM
I am your genie:

Thanks! That's a classic! :P
Old 02-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #17
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

lmao!!!!
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #18
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Here's that icon resized to 100x100. 175x175 is a bit big to be an icon, no offense :P

Quick question... how the heck do we end up all of a sudden changing the subject of the original post? :huh:

Oh, and I don't care what you guys think, I still like the JeweLink board. :D I've been posting there before Intuition was even released as a single. B)

"I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
"
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 12:33 AM   #19
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes@Feb 12 2005, 09:25 AM
Here's that icon resized to 100x100. 175x175 is a bit big to be an icon, no offense :P

Quick question... how the heck do we end up all of a sudden changing the subject of the original post? :huh:

Oh, and I don't care what you guys think, I still like the JeweLink board. :D I've been posting there before Intuition was even released as a single. B)
I don't know for sure, but I suspect terrorists. Either that or we just have trouble staying focused. :lstory:
Old 02-13-2005, 03:11 AM   #20
michaelsjewel
Member's

whatever angel_eyes.....i've been posting in the JEWELINK forum ever since it opened back in the THIS WAY era, the place needs a facelift and for how well this one has begun to start out...i'm seeing the GREEN LIGHT as a winner here...flashing right before my eyes as this is the quickest come together ever, (thanks to promotion from moderators and me of course on my lovely jewel site...lol :wub: )!!!!! you just can do so much more in this forum
and besides...i don't have to go to the sign in page everytime on this forum !!!! :clapjoy:
Old 02-14-2005, 02:57 AM   #21
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Feb 13 2005, 12:11 AM
whatever angel_eyes.....i've been posting in the JEWELINK forum ever since it opened back in the THIS WAY era, the place needs a facelift and for how well this one has begun to start out...i'm seeing the GREEN LIGHT as a winner here...flashing right before my eyes as this is the quickest come together ever, (thanks to promotion from moderators and me of course on my lovely jewel site...lol :wub: )!!!!! you just can do so much more in this forum
and besides...i don't have to go to the sign in page everytime on this forum !!!! :clapjoy:
Well, I guess I should be more specific. I've actually been a member since it first went up, but I wasn't quite as big of a Jewel fan as I am now. At the time I just thought "eh, what the hell" and signed up. I went to the message board a few times, read some threads and posts, but never posted anything myself except maybe once or twice. I stayed on my own forum more often (which, I know that you're quite aware of) and didn't do too much on the net outside of that. It wasn't until the end of 2002 and the beginning of 2003 when I really began taking interest in Jewel more, started reading the EDA posts more often, and went to the JeweLink board. Over the past 1 1/2 to 2 years I made a few new friends and I liked the atmosphere of the forum in general. Sure, there's not a lot of features, but answer me this... If the forum on jewelkilcher.com/jewelfansite.com was still up and everyone was still posting on it, would you automatically go from that forum to this one? That forum wasn't updated from the time it went up in 1999 to the time it finally went down in 2002, had no smileys and no icons; so is it really better to have a forum with extra little features than a forum where you've made friends? I'd say that's how some people on the JeweLink board feel. They've been posting there for a while, they're used to it, they know the people more, so they're still posting there. When the jeweljk forum was up very few of them ever posted on that forum, and when it first went up most of them thought that it sucked. I don't know if they still felt the same way when it went down though, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Basically though, it's just a matter of opinion about what people think. ;)

"I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
"
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:30 AM   #22
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I have to say, from a personal perspective, that a fancy forum does not make it fun. It's the people.

I dont know how we got onto this subject (it is far removed from the title subject) but sure we'll talk about it anyway. I have always liked the Jewellink forum though rarely posted. The only reason for that is because it plays havoc with my firewall and is just a pain in the ass to get around each time I want to post. Though I do enjoy reading it.

And although neither that board or the official board have no airs and graces about them, so long as they have a good collective of fun people with a mutual love of Jewel, I think that is what makes a board.

Yes it is fun having those little extra touches but I prefer people than features. That may sound odd coming from an administrator of this site but so long as we have a good bunch of fun people here (which I think we do, very much so) then that is what counts more than anything.

Take care
Kiera

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #23
michaelsjewel
Member's

well...besides one exception here @ this forum...all of the members here are great!!!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #24
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Feb 15 2005, 06:18 PM
well...besides one exception here @ this forum...all of the members here are great!!!!!
Oh, don't be so hard on yourself Michael, besides your website makes up for it. Keep up the good work. :P
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #25
michaelsjewel
Member's

i wasn't talking about me!!!! - it was that guy that....ahem..... (has his own site of jewel seriousness! - ASPCJ) and no that's not u mr.cc, b/c we all know u don't run that site!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:56 PM   #26
Intrepid Prez
Members

Intrepid Prez Between 10 and 49 points

Hey, great to see you kjm030584 !!! :clapjoy:

And I agree... I love what you did with the ASPCJ's DVD grab...
keep 'em coming. :D

Easy... Justin ;)

And yeah... does 030584 mean anything...
or is it as meaningless as 0304 ??? :blink:

__________________________________________________ _
Intrepid Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:02 AM   #27
MrCC
JKF Member

I don't run it, I run from it. :P
Old 02-16-2005, 07:42 AM   #28
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid Prez@Feb 16 2005, 12:56 AM
And yeah... does 030584 mean anything...
or is it as meaningless as 0304 ??? :blink:

Think it's his birthday ;)

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #29
Lissa
Members

Lissa Between 10 and 49 points

Kiera, I didn't know that. Hm. :)
Old 02-18-2005, 02:03 AM   #30
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

I made an info/rumors page on Jewel's new album on my website. Here's the link: http://davidsjewelsite.homestead.com...albumsnew.html

If you have anything to add, please contact me.

\ david
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote