The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-02-2005, 09:34 PM   #1
Lissa
Members

Lissa Between 10 and 49 points

Any word on a new album coming out this year??
Old 02-02-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

nada.... but i don't remember where i heard that possibly jewel's record was turned down by atlantic. i hope that is some kind of rumor and not that actual truth. they think it's jewel's music that is not selling? i think it's more their failure to promote it that is the problem! :devil1:
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
AmericanGirlFan
Members

AmericanGirlFan Between 10 and 49 points

The rumor was posted on the official jeweljk forum. Hope it's not true.
Off the topic, How come you see the smilies in other people's posts only when you are logged in? I was going to ask why I was just seeing the words clapforjoy etc... until I logged in to post this message and then as soon as I did, the words dissappeared and turned into smilies. I thought something was wrong with my computer. If you understand what I am saying, what is up with that?
AmericanGirlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #4
Maaz
Members

Maaz Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by AmericanGirlFan@Feb 3 2005, 11:26 AM
Off the topic, How come you see the smilies in other people's posts only when you are logged in?
If you look at your board options, you will see one called:
Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?

You have to log in to be able to set that. So if you're not logged in, the board doesn't have any way of knowing whether you want to view the images or not. So I guess they have it off by default.

Maaz
Maaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #5
Lissa
Members

Lissa Between 10 and 49 points

Denied by Atlantic? Hmm...I wonder why. *cough0304cough* ^_^
Old 02-04-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
michaelsjewel
Member's

no, i don't think they were denying it because of 0304, i think it was because she wanted to do a half live album. something like that doesn't allow much room for single choosings.... - and that's what a record label wants is to see good choices for singles so they can sell the product.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:11 AM   #7
Maaz
Members

Personally, I think Jewel sounds a lot better live than on a studio album. Some of the songs on "Pieces of You" have the audience cheering at the end of the song, don't they? I don't know if they are considering those live or not. I don't see how a half live album could prevent singles from being released. As we know, a lot of times, the single version of Jewel's songs are different from the album version.

Maaz
Old 02-06-2005, 11:56 PM   #8
michaelsjewel
Member's

see...most of POY was live, except the 3 songs for sure that were the singles. and mass producing to release radio singles that appeal to the public as the actual product isn't nice to have them fooled into buying the album that doesn't contain the song that way, haven't you ever read reviews about POY on cd buying places, people were really pissed off @ POY big time because of it. heck, even i would be b/c foolish games is nowhere near the quality on the album as it is on the radio version. jupiter on spirit made a couple mad as well as they were fooled...though spirit in its own right is utmostly excellent almost all the way throughout. i've never personally experienced jewel live, but from what i've seen, i'm still not really a fan of live music - especially how she tries to ....wine through a song to give it a different sound - that was just annoying....the only exception though that i think worked well was the LIVE AT HUMPHREY's BY THE BAY dvd that actually had decent concert material. i understand that it's better to do it live than pretend to sing along with a recorded version, but sounding totally off doesn't really have much appeal.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #9
Maaz
Members

I disagree. I've seen Jewel twice in concert and she doesn't change the songs all that much. They are still the same song. A few minor lyric changes here and there just make things more interesting. Having it sound exactly like the album version would be boring.

Having a slightly different single version of a song is a common practice among many artists, not just Jewel. I buy an album on the release date and then later hear a new version of a song that I'm familiar with. I think that is pretty neat. If it is different enough, I will even get the single if available.

I guess Jewel got away from the practice in the last 2 albums (I can't think of any singles that sounded different), but I don't know if it was because the record company wanted it this way or not.

'This Way' remains my favorite album although I still like POY and 'Spirit' almost as much. 0304 is a good album as well but many so-called fans just didn't accept it. I think the upbeat tone made the album well worth buying. When I am down for whatever reason, I tend to listen to it and it just makes me feel better about a poor situation. The lyrics in some of the songs are quite meaningful as well.

I think the record company should just let Jewel do whatever she wants. She still has a lot of fans and many of them are going to buy the album no matter what. To reject an album because Jewel wants something different than her record company wants is just a waste of time and money for the record company.

Maaz
Old 02-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #10
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I really hope it comes out soon. :D
Old 02-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #11
michaelsjewel
Member's

yay...i got kjm to join from the jewelink forum :)
Old 02-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #12
kjm030584

I'm sooo glad, I can put avatars on here!!!

thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!! thankyou!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #13
michaelsjewel
Member's

lol...why did u think i was advertising it to be the best forum on the net? lol

btw.....u make those avatars...michaelsjewel.com would be glad to create a user submitted avatar page :) and credit u for every single one of them!!!!! email available!
Old 02-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

KJM:

Yea, submit that one with Jewel squinting from the DVD. I really liked the pirate patch. I had saved it, but now I can't find it anymore. :cry:
Old 02-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #15
kjm030584

I am your genie: