The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

Crawfy, the "maybe we can be your 'Angel Standing By'" was one of the nicest things that anyone's ever said to me.

In combination of your words, and Kiera's (Little Bird) and DreamsLastSoLong, and all of you others, I really feel quite at home in this forum.

(Oh, and by the way, just to tarnish my image, I'm acutually American, but I'm about as clsoe to a Limey as you can get). Here go Crawfy and Kiera, uh-oh, they lost all respect for me now, just kidding.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
Banned

THat's why I lvoe the net, it gives me connection to talk to others randomly for opinions not my own.
Jones
"The Lonely Angel"

Last edited by 007; 02-12-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:14 AM   #18
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points
Cool

We are always glad to help anyone who has an opinion on this forum.
There is no respect lost with you being an American,as you can guess from my i.d,I'm from Glasgow Scotland,and i was on holiday in November in Florida,it was my first visit to the US,and i can honestly say that everyone we met,from shop assistants,waitresses,and even the lonely little Toll booth Attendants on the Highways,were all fantastic,friendly people,i would visit the US again in a heartbeat.
There are lots of places i would love to see,Calafornia,Las Vegas, Memphis,Nashville,San Fransisco and New York.I will have to start saving i guess.
Which part of the US are you in?
It's been really good to correspond with you,i reckon your a cool kinda guy Jones,so keep in touch with us all here mate.

Cheers,Crawfy !!!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:21 AM   #19
Banned

I'm from a little state called South Carolina. We were the first state to seceed from the United Staes after 100 years of peace and cause the American Civil War.

My state has a good bit of hihstory, and theh beachehs are nice. Don't get me wrong, they are not exactly Miami beaches, but they work just as easily. Basically, I'm about nine hours drive from Florida. But, South Carolina isn't exactly a place most traveller's find appealing, unless you like really laid back individuals withh lots of beer and whiskey about (hey, you're a Scot, you like whiskey, maybe that's a good encentive to come for a visit!).

BTW, Americans in general LOVE the English-Irish-Welsh-Scots accents. For some reason, we love to imitate you all, but we never really sound like you all, however I like to think that I sound like Sean Connery on a good day (went through a hhardcore James Bond stage, too, still in it).

BTW, glad to hear you like Miami Vice, finally, there's someone who likes similar stuff!

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #20
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Cool

Suprisingly,being Scottish,i can't stand the taste,or smell of Whiskey,i drink Vodka and coke,or Vodka and Irn Bru,strange i know !
South Carolina sounds a nice part to be in,maybe one day i'll get over there,have you ever been to the UK?
Sean Connery is still the best Bond ever,do you agree?

Yes, i loved Miami Vice,the music was great through it,and the cars too,oh how i loved that white Ferrari Testarossa,it was the 'dogs danglies'.
Great series,went to see the film last year with Colin Farrell,but not as good as i had hoped it would be,you can't beat the originals !

What else are you into,'music/films etc,sounds like we may have a fair bit in common.

Cheers Jones,all the best,Crawfy !!!

Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #21
Banned

Sean Connery is James Bond, and he will continue to be James Bond until EON productions asks me to be James Bond! Just kidding.

South Caorlina is acutally not that great, but if you msut see for yourself, go ahead. It's mostly rural population, but their are a few small cities.

Loved Miami Vice with hColin Farrel, it was what got me interested in DOn Johnson's Miami Vice.

I still can't believe your a Scot and don't drink whiskey, that sounds like a personal issue. The balvenie DOublewood would changge your view on scotch.

Chess, texas hold'em and poker of many sorts are my hobbies, but I really find release in listening to music, namely Jewel's music. It provides such hope, that tomorrow will be a better day.

BTW, 9 o'clock (2100 hours) in East Coast USA, whhat is that? 0200 (2 AM) in Scotland, isn't it about time for bed? I know it is here!

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Old 01-30-2007, 01:02 AM   #22
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Yeah,it's just coming up to 2am now,i'm a bit of a 'Night Hawk'.
I usually hit the sack around 2-3 am,so i'm going to get off now mate.
Nice to chat with you though,we will no doubt be in touch through the forum in the future.
Take it easy Jones,catch you later.

Cheers Crawfy !!!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 AM   #23
BlondeFlame
JKF Member

BlondeFlame Between 0 and 10 points

Jones, can I ask you how old you are? The feeling that you are alone in the world is shared by many, although you may not want to believe that. If your family makes fun of you for listening to Jewel, pardon me, but f*ck 'em. I know they're your family, but it seems as though you don't care too much for them. I think others are right... if YOU don't spend so much time worrying if the music you listen to is good or not, then others may not spend so much time worrying about it...
Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #24
Banned

It's not that, I jsut want to be accepted and not giggled at. Twenty years old, and thank you for your message.

Last edited by 007; 02-12-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #25
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

I understand that you feel comfortable with being the lonely angel. I just think you shouldn't take that too seriously, you know, just relax and enjoy your life without labels. You say your family is putting labels on you but you are putting labels on yourself. You may be going through a lonely period but it's unhuman to have a lonely life, unless you CHOOSE it. Have you chosen it?

Anyway, we're here for you, we are the everyday angels and we are certainly welcoming you to our comunity. Please enjoy yourself and keep posting!

Cheers!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #26
Banned

I don't know, havn't thougth aboput the future of it, jsut worried about now.

Last edited by 007; 02-12-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #27
Banned

Listen, on behalf of the forum, let's jsut end it here. This is my battle, and I appreciate the kind words, but I need to fight the good fight and keep on, and maybe people will notice me for who I am.

Thank you to you all.

Jones
"The Lonely Angel"
Old 01-31-2007, 03:08 AM   #28
R*Philippines
I jewel everyday.

R*Philippines Between 50 and 149 pointsR*Philippines Between 50 and 149 points

Hey Jones, can i just add one last thing!!!
We are on the same fence here so worry not!!!
Jewel's music is for everyone.
Jewel has the power to attract an audience which filled with different individuals.
Men & Women.
Young & Old.
Rich & Poor.
Everyone!!!
Only few artists have that kind of power. Jewel has it.
Every person who knows me, describes me as "Jewel Lover"
My family, relatives, friends, neighbours, and i even had a girlfriend who broke-up with me because of Jewel.
Be proud and be humble!
Be you...
You belong here!!!

This what makes JKF rocks. It really make sense.
Be COOL everyone. Peace.

ROY

Stay COOL !!!
RY
Old 01-31-2007, 03:18 AM   #29
Rob
JKF Member

Rob Between 0 and 10 points

This is my first post.

I am also a straight male, and I'm a few years younger than you. I play guitar (like 6-8 hours a day, lol) and I listen manily to The Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses, Queen, The Beatles, Bob Dylan and lots of other hard rock and blues bands.

I started listening to Jewel lately and I must say she is a talented songwriter and lyricist.

Your musical taste is your own, who cares what anyone else thinks?
Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 AM   #30
greenpoet
Amused by the Muse

greenpoet Between 0 and 10 points

JOnes, You've got to believe in yourself. You are still young, there is still more to learn and unlearn in this world. You can start your journey thru self discovery.
Closed Thread