The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
randallflagg
Seb

randallflagg Between 50 and 149 points
Default why ...

... don't exist a jewel video section on the jkf ? and of course i don't speak of youtube ( youtube sucks!!!)

a very good sharing stuff exist like:

http://rapidshare.com/
http://www.megaupload.com/
http://sendspace.com/

randallflagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Because there are too many copyright issue questions. Some sites may allow this trade but it's still to unclear if this is allowed and so I would rather not tempt fate by allowing them now and find out later that we are liable.

But I would love to have a section here dedicated to it but without express permission from copyright owners, I'd prefer to keep the forum going that to see it shut down over liability problems.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
randallflagg
Seb

randallflagg Between 50 and 149 points

ok, i agree with your arguments but i believe that the copyright it's when you win some money with the sale of the videos, i'm super administrator on " beyond the rubicon " (fiona apple fan forum) and there's no problem for videos.
if youtube has problem it is ' coz youtube win millions and millions of dollards with the broadcasting of videos.

randallflagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I've quizzed Jewel's previous record label Atlantic and also her management on this in the past and either got no response, vague replies or 'I'll get back to you' responses. As YouTube are a legitimate site and don't directly provide the ability to download them, I am ok with linking to those videos

Until I get a clear cut 'Yes, you can share videos' then I'm playing it safe.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

Actually, Google (YouTube's acquirer) is fighting some legal cases due to copyright infringement claims. Google is clearly defending YouTube's position, and with the hundreds of millions that it can spend for legal defense ($200 million, to be exact, per the escrow arrangements in connection with the acquisition), they will do so to protect the value of the acquisition.

The other thing that is in Google's favor is that not many companies would want to make enemies with Google. They'd rather be partners and so would want to find common ground between the companies.

I doubt that this forum has the same financial strength or business might that Google has. You'd also have to consider that YouTube has already secured itself with many of the music companies out there.

While I would imagine that the forum's exposure to copyright claims would be small, I think the forum's conservative position is wise.
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 AM   #6
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

Speaking of videos, why is my petition moving so slowly? How can I reach more Jewel fans? I tried e-mailing some of the fansites but I didn't get many responses. Do you think 1,000 signatures would be enough? (Preferably more but considering how disappointingly slow it's been moving I'd settle for 1,000 if it's the minimum requirement)
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
M€RIO
aUsTrIaN kIlChErIaN

M€RIO Between 50 and 149 points

I dont think 1000 are enough, because i saw petitions with 100 000s signatures. I dont know why the millions of jewelfans dont support your videopetition. Jewel sold 27 million cds all over the world. Where are the 27 million fans?

~i wanna pilot a plane with you

~so all our problems look small too

~i
ts just an inch from me to you
~depending on what map you use

*jewelonpianoandmore=)*

Last edited by M€RIO; 03-22-2007 at 03:22 PM.
M€RIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
artyjames
JKF Member

artyjames Between 0 and 10 points

"youtube sucks" ... I dont know about that but those are good sites
artyjames is offline   Reply With Quote