The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points
Default NEW BLOG: Chris Isaak

April 2, 2009

Quote:
Hello from Hollywood!
Ty made it through another week, and so I am enjoying another week here! It’s been a productive week, as two great songwriters flew into town from Nashville- Dave Berg on Saturday and Sunday, and Lisa Carver Monday and Tuesday (look up what they have written for other folks, really great writers!) and we got some amazing songs! Some will be for my album, and some will be for having other artists record them, I hope! I really want to start writing and not hoarding my songs like I usually do- as I write more than I can record. I am really fortunate I get to write with these amazing songwriters who have made careers as professional writers and support their families by writing songs. It’s really an amazing accomplishment!
What else.... Oh, yesterday I spent the day with Chris Isaak, on his new show The Chris Isaak Hour. Man, I had a great time! I first met Chris when I was 20 before I was successful yet, at a friend’s birthday party, and we yodeled in harmony and I always wanted to sing with him again. We both sang a few years later at the White House for Bill and Hillary Clinton when they were in office, and we were at the same shows over the years, but this was a great opportunity to finally sing together. I sang “You Were Meant For Me,” “Who Will Save Your Soul,” “Angel Standing By” and part of “I Do.” And we sang “Help Me Make It Through The Night,” together, and one of his songs, “We Lost Our Way Together.” We had a great time talking! It will be fun to see, because we talked for an hour about my entire life from Alaska to now. We had a great time and I’ve included some of the pictures!
Ty is now learning the Paso Doble and it will be a critical week for him, as it’s his first Latin dance since his first week on the show. It’s such a dramatic dance full of flair- it will be a real test!
So, I'm writing more tomorrow for my country album, and working on setting up some press for May so I can let folks know my Lullaby album will be out. And I'm eating too much because Ty works all day, and it’s my favorite pass time! Such good food here! Anyway, talk soon! xxj

Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

I love the dress she wore on that night!
And it amazing to "read" that she is so inspire and write and write and write...
Take care
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I've always liked Chris Isaak. His voice is amazing and can see the 2 of them blending really well together.

I'm also a secret fan of Lisa Carver so that's something to really look forward to. I'm very impressed with her work so my hopes are high.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Leapbaby
JKF Member

Leapbaby Between 0 and 10 points

This was a great interview and they sounded amazing together! Would love for them to release a duet.
Leapbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
lars
JKF Member

lars Between 0 and 10 points
Question Chris Isaak Show

Which songs played Jewel Setlist??
lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

http://www.jewelwiki.com/pmwiki.php?...sCaliforniaUSA

1. Who Will Save Your Soul
2. You Were Meant for Me
3. I Do
4. Hands
5. We Lost Our Way Together (Chris Isaak & Jewel duet)
6. Help Me Make It Through the Night (Chris Isaak & Jewel duet)
7. Angel Standing By
8. Standing Still (Chris Isaak & Jewel outro skit)