The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Lara Between 0 and 10 points
Default new blog entry

MrBB posted this on the official Jewel forum...

"On the plane, leaving Las Vegas...

Hello! Leaving Las Vegas....been there 2 whole weeks for the PBR World Finals...our friend Justin McBride won the world, so we were excited. I went to nashville a couple days ago and did a press conference about signing to a new label- I'm on a new little label called Valory, and I'm pretty excited....the label heads name is Scott Borchetta, and I really hit it off with him. I had recorded a country record on my own months ago, and was just looking around to see if there was a label I'd fit with, but all the ones I met with wanted my album to be more pop! No one was willing to take a stand and say they like the songs I wrote, saying nothing sounded "radio" enough, so I figured I'd just skip a label, and skip radio and put my cd out all on my own and make music I like- but then I met Scott, and he listened to what I had done and liked the sames songs I liked and didn't want me to change for radio, so we decided to partner up and take a stab at a record label and radio release....so, I've either made a great decision or a really dumb one, and only time will tell!

I like my new record- some songs are old- I wrote "Perfectly Clear" and "Cowboy Waltz" when I was 18 or so, and they were always too country, I was told, to fit on a cd, and I'm also excited about some of the new ones I wrote for the album like "I Do" and "Thump Thump"..maybe I will post some lyrics so u guys can get a sneak peak....I'm headed to Nashville again right now to present at the CMA's- so I guess u can see me there! I will be in touch....xxjewel"
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
Sam78
JKF Member

Sam78 Between 0 and 10 points

Thanks, Lara! I hope the songs are at least radio enough for country radio, though--I'm tired of Jewel not getting any airplay when she comes out with these great albums (though I do also think she selects terrible singles sometimes, so part of it is her own fault)...
Sam78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

I Do sounds very radio-ready. But I hope she has a banging 1st single. I Do sounds like it could be a good 2nd or 3rd single.
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #4
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

Oh and SO EXCITED about Cowboy Waltz!!!!!!! I've always loooooooooooooooved it! And we'll hear Jewel yodel on an album!!
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Lara Between 0 and 10 points

I think "I Do" will probably be the first single...
how many new songs did she write for the album?
we already know 5 songs, so what about the others?Can't wait to hear the new material...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I really like the sound of 'I Do' but I don't think it's 'different' for Jewel. It seems very comfortable for her to do and I'd say if the rest of the album is going to be as good as 'I Do' then I'm going to just love it.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote