The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points
Talking Completely absorbed in the new album!

I have to say, I am TOTALLY into this new album! Granted, I've always been a country music fan but I must say without a doubt that Jewel's version of country on PC is wonderful. Her voice is crystal clear & in top form! She really sounds like she's truly enjoying singing these songs on this album!!! You can tell she put a lot of heart and soul into it. A true labor of love. She does in all of her albums, but something is different here. I can tell that she has blossomed with the creative control she is allowed to have now on this new record label. I can really feel every emotion she is singing about as I hear it. I can relate to so much of the subject matter here. I've been listening to it daily!!!!

The song 'Perfectly Clear' is absolutely GORGEOUS. It takes my breath away. It literally rips my heart out to listen to the chorus part of the song....WOW. 'I Do' is so catchy, and it has a wonderful sentiment. I love the '70's feel to it, almost like an old Juice Newton album (if anyone here knows who that is!!). The video is rockin'!!! One of the best Jewel vids I've seen in a long time. I feel there is true crossover appeal to this one. 'Rosey & Mick' has a different twist to it with the country sound, but it works. What a chilling song. 'Thump,Thump' and 'Til It Feels Like Cheatin' are beautiful expressions of true love. Jewel is spot on with her lyrics here. The production on 'Loved By You' and the new version of 'Two Become One' haven't won me over yet - but maybe after even more listens they will. 'Everything Reminds Me Of You' has a melody that I cannot get out of my head. I can personally relate to this song, for sure. 'Anyone But You' sounds like a country classic - her interpretation of traditionalist country is right on. You can HEAR the tears falling off her cheek as she sings this. That's how real she has interpreted it.

God bless her! She never fails to amaze me! Jewel has created a true country gem with this album! Her career will be booming from her efforts on it. I look to see Jewel having a 'rebirth' of sorts in this new genre of music. She fits in perfectly and easily!!!

In summary, Jewel has captured the true essence of what is like to be a 30-something woman in these crazy times. She continues to give me hope that true love does exist and that it can be the most blissful, all-consuming thing in your life. Jewel's music here reaches beyond just a country sound; she is speaking out for women everywhere with this album. Her sentiment on 'Stronger Woman' alone is testament to that. She speaks of being strong, yet at the same time allowing yourself to be vulnerable to your lover and the beauty that entails. The emotions are so raw and real on 'Perfectly Clear'. I think it's 'Perfectly Clear' that this album is gonna go FAR!!!!!!!

Last edited by DreamsLast; 06-20-2008 at 09:30 AM.
DreamsLast is offline   Reply With Quote