The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Lara Between 0 and 10 points
Default Life Uncommon DVD

Hey guys! I just got my copy of Life Uncommon and I am sooo happy! I been waiting for the DVD since february and finally I got it!

most important: I LOVE IT! and I wanted to share my happiness with you all!

Since I'm a big Steve Poltz fan as well I particulary liked the part when he talks about meeting Jewel and sings a song that he composed with Jewel and says they never finished it and it made me think did they finished the song by now? Nevermind..

Anyway, if you have any particular thoughts on the DVD feel free to leave a post...

Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

I think the song is A Million Miles Away, which only made its debut last year (is that 7 years after Life Uncommon was released..?)!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #3
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

Glad you're enjoying the DVD! It's definitely a treat.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

I love that DVD! I mean, I own the VHS and I've been wanting to rebuy it on DVD for a long time (the DVD has extra stuff, doesn't it?), but I've been procrastinating because there's so much stuff I need and want to spend $ on...ah, decisions. I suppose I could check Amazon and see if I could get a good deal there.

Anyway I love the performances on there of Summer Home In Your Arms, Race Car Driver, Last Dance Rodeo and A Million Miles Away. I wish I could have them to listen to. I thought her acoustic version of Last Dance Rodeo was beautiful and way better than the album one.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #5
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelWiki View Post
I think the song is A Million Miles Away, which only made its debut last year (is that 7 years after Life Uncommon was released..?)!
Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear Jewel and steve still perform together... I must get my hands on that performance in Milwaukee!!!!

I love the scenes when Jewels plays Last Dance Rodeo in her hotel room in Norway...
And the performances in Hollywood are also great...
Old 09-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I just finally got this dvd a few months ago. I love it as well. I really love seeing Jewel sing an aria.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
dina
JKF Member

dina Between 0 and 10 points
Default Life Uncommon dvd

Yeah, I , too, love this dvd. I like the scenes when she's traveling on the road and you can see her read a book here and there taking it easy. I love the part where her two brothers are talking and at the end of the scene, her younger brother says something like, "the next thing I know my sister is a rock star." and he has this stunned look on his face as if he were saying in his head "darn it, i wish i could have pulled that off." You see, even Jewel's mom said that Jewel was the only family member who was persistant - so that persistance paid off for her!! BRAVO JEWEL!!! Anyway, ENJOY!!!!
dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
artistindisguise
JKF Member

artistindisguise Between 0 and 10 points

i love when she's performing WWSYS and the entire audience is talking, so she starts screaming the lyrics and everbody shuts up

. . .
[[smocks are smexy]]
. . . pieces of us die everyday . . .
Eat the flesh
Spit out the seeds
artistindisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina View Post
Yeah, I , too, love this dvd. I like the scenes when she's traveling on the road and you can see her read a book here and there taking it easy. I love the part where her two brothers are talking and at the end of the scene, her younger brother says something like, "the next thing I know my sister is a rock star." and he has this stunned look on his face as if he were saying in his head "darn it, i wish i could have pulled that off." You see, even Jewel's mom said that Jewel was the only family member who was persistant - so that persistance paid off for her!! BRAVO JEWEL!!! Anyway, ENJOY!!!!
I also love the part where Atz Lee and Shane are talking about Jewel! Shane has a son so it makes Jewel an aunt! Ha, I wonder how cool is to have Jewel as an aunt????

And it's nice to see what Jewel does on the road - reading and the way she behaved was new to me since I only saw her performing... Although that was a young Jewel, and I can see she has really grown up since then... It's as if her gestures were different now you know?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:19 AM   #10
Dancing_Gold
JKF Member

Dancing_Gold Between 0 and 10 points

Summer Home in Your Arms is my favorite part as well and the best I've heard it. When you say "performance," you mean the short part with her, Steve, and her dad on the bus, right? I'm not missing a full performance somewhere? I was wishing there was one.
Dancing_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

I didn´t got it I just can´t find it here in Spain.
Sonne
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote