The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
R*Philippines
I jewel everyday.

R*Philippines Between 50 and 149 pointsR*Philippines Between 50 and 149 points
Default How do you feel about the latest single and the upcoming album?

I guess/hope everyone is excited about the upcoming country album.
For those who've heard the single version of "Stronger Woman"
How do you feel about it? In terms of its appeal, Big Hit? Hit? Unsure?

I'll answer this first.
For me, the single version, well I just hope (I guess I also feel) that, it'll be a big hit.
And that the album "Perfectly Clear" will be perfect enough to be Jewel's first #1 album.

Stay COOL !!!
RY
R*Philippines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points

I'm kinda dissapointed in Stronger Woman actually. It just doesn't do anything for me lyrically or musically. I also think it is way to overproduced. It sounds cheesy, maybe thats what country music people like though I have no idea. It hope the rest of the album isn't as poppy as Stronger Woman. That being said I have high hopes for the album I still think it will be great. I didn't like Again and Again either but loved most songs on GAIW. I almost hope this album fails so Jewel will just give up on trying so hard to get songs on the radio. I don't understand why she cares about that so much. She has enough money. Just make music that you love and don't worry about all that glossy production.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
M€RIO
aUsTrIaN kIlChErIaN

M€RIO Between 50 and 149 points

I must say i cant understand why jewel picked stronger woman as the first single! I love it personaly like every song of her but i dont think its the right one to hit the charts or similar! I do would have been better or maybe thump thump, perfectly clear,... but maybe im all wrong and stronger woman will become a big succes i hope it for jewel!!! And im very anxious about the musicvideo to it (i hope jewel will do one for it? what do you think?)

nice greez

~i wanna pilot a plane with you

~so all our problems look small too

~i
ts just an inch from me to you
~depending on what map you use

*jewelonpianoandmore=)*
M€RIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
M€RIO
aUsTrIaN kIlChErIaN

M€RIO Between 50 and 149 points

And i am a little bit frustrated about the fact that jewel cuts out "horny"... cant understand??? just because you are on the radio you cant say horny? i think jewel is a bit overprotecting about her radioreleases and maybe thats the fact they dont play her... 50 cent and all those dumb rappers are 1000times worser. what do you think?

~i wanna pilot a plane with you

~so all our problems look small too

~i
ts just an inch from me to you
~depending on what map you use

*jewelonpianoandmore=)*
M€RIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
cherry-queen
supergoddess

cherry-queen Between 0 and 10 points

yea, i think it's stupid that she changed "horny" to "frisky" in the radio version too.

i'm actually not really sure about Stronger Woman..it's growing on me though. I think i'll like it soon.
cherry-queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

I think Jewel is playing it safe with her new single, testing the waters a bit. It's a good introductory song if anything. (Though in my opinion not a good song for my personal tastes). Like she said country listeners tend to respond to the craft and lyrics of the song, not production. Maybe she's trying to garner support from the female country demographic.
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points

I think I am going to love this CD. I think "I Do" may have been a better choice for the first single. I just think it is really "catchy"--a song that plays over in your head and is fun to sing along to. I have a feeling this CD is going to do really well.
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:06 AM   #8
cersie
JKF Member

cersie Between 0 and 10 points

I'm not a country fan, but I'm excited about listening to the cd in full. I hope to hear at LEAST one or two tracks on the new cd that I will love, but I predict this to be one of my least favorite Jewel albums.

As for the latest single, I'm not feeling it at all. I've listened to it a few times already, and I'm about ready to retire it. I agree with ReggieDVD that it just doesn't work for me musically or lyrically. Very disappointing.

Jewel's my homegirl and I hope she sells lots and lots of discs and broadens her fanbase. The more Jewel fans, the better. I'll always have a place in my heart for Jewel, even if she's singing country. Fortunately, I think Jewel is too dynamic to stick with one genre forever, so I'm confident she'll release another pop/rock/folksy cd again in the future. Wasn't she talking about making a Jazz CD at one point?

Last edited by cersie; 01-12-2008 at 05:08 AM. Reason: typos!
cersie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #9
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

I'm quite excited about the new album!! Of course, many of you know I'm a country music fan. Have been since like BIRTH. I was raised on the music of Alabama, Barbara Mandrell, Dolly Parton, and the Oak Ridge Boys amongst many others. So it's in my blood. I have sensed Jewel's leaning toward country ever since the 'This Way' album, maybe even before that. So it is not a complete surprise to me at all. I can't wait to get my hands on and hear the whole album!! I'm really feeling optimistic about her success in Nashville!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

I'm surprised many of you don't really like Stronger Woman. I think it's a great song and a perfect 1st single. I don't think it's weak at all, it's well written, well versed and I like the production, it seems just about right. I believe it's gonna be a hit.
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #11
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I liked it the first time I listened to it. I think it may have a chance on country stations.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by M€RIO View Post
And i am a little bit frustrated about the fact that jewel cuts out "horny"... cant understand??? just because you are on the radio you cant say horny? i think jewel is a bit overprotecting about her radioreleases and maybe thats the fact they dont play her... 50 cent and all those dumb rappers are 1000times worser. what do you think?
I agree. I think it's because country radio stations have higher standards when it comes to censorship. But I don't understand why they're censoring that...she didn't even use "horny" in a sleazy context...the narrator is a woman complaining about her husband taking advantage of her. But "Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy"- that was sleazy and the stations didn't have a problem playing that one. I hate the hypocrisy of the censors. I guess you could say country radio these days has bad senseless censorship whereas pop/rap radio has no censorship at all.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #13
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

Hi:
I truely don´t care about the single one or two, ... I just focus myself on the whole work and that specific things of marketing doesn´t matter me at all. I think the song is beautiful and I like the idea of it to push ahead a woman.
Now to the censorship thing ... I hate when something is "censored" (I don´t know if I said it right jeje) CENSORSHIP SUCKS!!!
Take care, Sonne
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote