The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour > Jewel Tour Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
dyw2play
JKF Member

dyw2play Between 10 and 49 points
Default Green Bay - Oct 11th

Yay =) Suprised it's at the Resch Center... even theatre style seating is quite a big layout ... especially for an acoustic show.

They probably booked it thinking she'll sell out Green Bay again. She played a 2,000 seat show in 2004 that sold-out the day it went on sale... but tickets were also $10.

I'll cross my fingers for a Milwaukee date. I hate driving up to Green Bay and I don't really like the venue. But I'm sure she won't get one since she just came in March.

MAYBE WE'LL GET A DAMN FULL BAND TOUR?

*remembers this way tour...*
dyw2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
dyw2play
JKF Member

A local newspaper said the show will also feature Ben Folds and Death Cab for Cutie?
Old 08-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Crappy venue or not...I'd be there if I could. Let us know how it goes if you do go. I'm sure Jewel's wonderous voice and fantastic music will make it all worthwhile.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
simmadana
JKF Member

simmadana Between 10 and 49 points

wow, ben folds? weird! That's very strange. I'm hoping for a Milwaukee or Chicago show! woot!
Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #5
dyw2play
JKF Member

Default More info...

Green Bay philanthropist Michelle Juza is merging music and fashion to fight international poverty with the launch of the Okobos Music Festival, a charity event featuring major performers including Indie music pioneers Death Cab for Cutie, singer–songwriter Ben Folds and multi-platinum-selling artist singer Jewel.

The Festival, which takes place at the Resch Center in Green Bay Saturday, Oct. 11 at 6 p.m., kicks off the launch of a new socially-responsible global brand, Okobos Footwear, headquartered in Green Bay.

Creative, original artists Death Cab for Cutie, Ben Folds and Jewel will come together with other major artists to be announced — all in the name of helping children in poverty. All of the proceeds from this event and donations pledged during the Festival will go to the Okobos Foundation to benefit two of its primary charitable organizations — Friends of Nutre Hogar, a Panama service project educating our youth about impoverished nations, and the Musical Arts Academy of Nairobi, Kenya, The Maank Project.

What started out as a solo project from an engineering student has become Death Cab For Cutie, an indie rock quartet from Seattle. The band’s name comes from a song performed by British combo the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band in the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour film. The band’s new studio album, Narrow Stairs, is the most ambitious and varied album of their career — a climactic culmination of Death Cab’s first ten years.

Ben Folds is an exciting singer–songwriter and former frontman of the musical group Ben Folds Five. In 2006, Folds became the first person to broadcast a live concert over MySpace. In addition, he is a classically trained percussionist and has had residencies with all five major Australian symphonies. His fall tour coincides with the release of his latest album Sept. 30, “Way To Normal,” his third as a solo artist.

When Jewel started writing and singing her own unique brand of music, she never guessed she’d sell 30 million albums and become one of the world's best-known songwriters. In addition, Jewel’s work has been recognized with an American Music Award, MTV Video Music Award, and three Grammy nominations. Jewel’s latest album, “Perfectly Clear,” her first country music album, hit number one on the U.S. Billboard Charts for top Country Albums.

Okobos Music Festival Tickets will range from $48 to $67. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the show begins at 6 p.m. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Aug. 23 at 10 a.m. and are available at http://www.ticketstaronline.com, Resch Center Box Office, Ticket Star Outlets and Ticket Star by phone, (920) 494-3401 or 1-800-895-0071.

“Because music is the common bond that all cultures share, we felt that a charity music festival would be the perfect way to launch our global brand,” said Michelle Juza, founder of the Okobos Music Festival and Okobos Footwear.

Okobos Footwear is a unique line of footwear for men, women and children that enable people to express individual style and personal conviction while providing a way to give back easily.

Juza has created a unique business model where every decision, from product development to retail partnerships, is rooted in social responsibility. Okobos will donate a portion of proceeds from each footwear sale to the Okobos Foundation, which supports international charities that serve children in impoverished communities around the world. The Foundation itself will donate additional proceeds to charity and the company will also develop charity-specific shoe styles, the first which will be The Kenya Boys Choir shoe, with proceeds going directly to The Maank Project.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #6
ntvinh986
JKF Member

ntvinh986 Between 0 and 10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyw2play View Post
Yay =) Suprised it's at the Resch Center... even theatre style seating is quite a big layout ... especially for an acoustic show.

They probably booked it thinking she'll sell out Green Bay again. She played a 2,000 seat show in 2004 that sold-out the day it went on sale... but tickets were also $10.

I'll cross my fingers for a Milwaukee date. I hate driving up to Green Bay and I don't really like the venue. But I'm sure she won't get one since she just came in March.

MAYBE WE'LL GET A DAMN FULL BAND TOUR?

*remembers this way tour...*
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntvinh986 View Post
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

to the forum!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote