The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

so, when you were a kid what did YOU want to be when you grew up....and are you actually doing it?

when i was a girl, i wanted to grow up and become a horse, obviously that didn't happen :P

in high school i wanted to go to school for graphic, jewelry and furniture design, and become a tattoo artist...i got accepted to an art school in maine, realized i couldn't afford over $20,000 a year tuition, so i ended up marrying my friend joe and now i have 2 tattoos instead of doing tattoos...

also i never thought i would marry anyone or have kids, and that is exactly what i ended up doing ^_^ :lstory:

i do still draw and paint though, and my friend and i keep talking about a design business

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:10 AM   #2
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

When i was young i lived in a really :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty part of England called Manchester, it was an inner city place called Moss-Side.

My dad worked in a cotton mill and my mum worked in a factory making bean cans. Some kids want to aspire to what there parents did.....i didnt, (no offence dad/mum)

Often a lad such as me wanted to be a train driver or fly a plane but all i wanted to do was play football when i grew up (according to Andrea im still growing lol):P

I almost made it as a proffesional when i was asked if i could trial for Koln in Germany. I was only 14 but i went over there for 4 weeks and i really tried hard, but it wasnt to be. My mum & dad were just proud that id been asked to go over there. I think secretly they were dreaming of living in Germany more than i was lol.

Anyway, after breaking my ankle two or five times and then my leg in two places i decided football wasnt for me, so my dream was then to be a jockey. That didnt happen either. And so now im just a mere IT Technician, some might find that boring and geekish, but actually, i love it.

:lalala:
Dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by bluediamond@Jul 1 2005, 09:10 AM
When i was young i lived in a really :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty part of England called Manchester
LMAO!!!! for some reason Dave that made me laugh :lol:
i guess you hate Manchester eh?

anyhowz...myself,pretty obvious it may seem now to what i wanted to be,i wanted to join the Army! Had an interest in the Army all my youth until today!

i enlisted/signed up to the Army Tank Corp a while after id left Art College,the barrack's were based (where i dont think it is anymore) in Dorset *miles away from where i live* :mellow: i was in that for just 6 months before they told me i could'nt continue due to my bad eye sight.....i could have at least have become a 'Loader' :angry: but it was there decision!? and besides loaders sometimes have to drive the tanks and operate the front hull machine gun! and if my glasses steamed up in there id be pretty :censored::censored::censored::censored:e :blink:

So i'll errrr just settle for painter & decorater now then shall i....yeah iv got no choice at the moment!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

oddly enough, I wanted to be an ornathologist. What the F&%$ is that you say?

Well it is a person who studies birds. I don't even remember where the idea go tinto my head but I knew this big word from a young age so I probably said to sound intelligent. Anyway, the soon led onto wanting to be a vet which later led to the more genuine career goal of wanting to be a teacher of English and History of Art in Secondary schools. I still envisage doing that one day but exams being unpredicatbl as they are, I didn't get enough points in my leaving cert for the Arts degree course. Second choice was Multimedia diploma and so my computer career went from there. I am now an A+ certified IT technician about to embark on my MCSA which is a big deal. Who knows where it'll take me.

Great thread idea Andrea. Thumbs up!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #5
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

ya, i was going to go into the army, i would have really gotten into something like psychological war fare--if thats an actual job--that would be great fun messing with peoples minds :P and actually i would have gone in for radio operator airborne, but then this whole love thing happened and i married a marine instead, and dont really miss the army idea too much

Andrea

Old 07-02-2005, 03:16 AM   #6
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

because I am the youngest member of The New JKF i dont really know if i am going to really do this when im older. but i really want to be a songwriter for people who cant write their own songs like britney, and hilary, and other no talents. lol. now before you go on and think "big deal, what kid doesnt want to be an actor, or actress, or singer, or dancer, or songwriter, or musician, im really dead serious. now my parents are the MOST PERSIAN people you will ever meet EVER!!!! and they said that i am not going to do that, if you are fortunatly not familiar with the Iranian culture, its an unwritten law that you have to go to university for at LEAST 6 years and become some kind of lawyer, doctor, or someone smart and rich. but what my parent dont know is that the second i turn 18 I am leaving the hellhole that is Thousand Oaks, California and leaving to try to be something other than some doctor or layer or whatever the f#%& the want me to be.

lol...
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:35 AM   #7
damnthatnicole
Members

damnthatnicole Between 10 and 49 points

I wanted to be a drag queen. Until I realized I was a girl. Now i want to be queen of the world.
damnthatnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by WhatWouldJewelDo@Jul 2 2005, 04:16 AM
because I am the youngest member of The New JKF i dont really know if i am going to really do this when im older. but i really want to be a songwriter for people who cant write their own songs like britney, and hilary, and other no talents. lol. now before you go on and think "big deal, what kid doesnt want to be an actor, or actress, or singer, or dancer, or songwriter, or musician, im really dead serious. now my parents are the MOST PERSIAN people you will ever meet EVER!!!! and they said that i am not going to do that, if you are fortunatly not familiar with the Iranian culture, its an unwritten law that you have to go to university for at LEAST 6 years and become some kind of lawyer, doctor, or someone smart and rich. but what my parent dont know is that the second i turn 18 I am leaving the hellhole that is Thousand Oaks, California and leaving to try to be something other than some doctor or layer or whatever the f#%& the want me to be.

lol...
Well use Freddy Mercury as a role model. He was from an Persian family and he managed to be successful and loaded!

Follow your heart and your dreams. You're parents just don't want you to suffer in what can be a very unrewarding and unpredictable career choice. They mean well. Just keep that in mind.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:33 AM   #9
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

Yeah, I know that they have good intetntions, they're just not that good at making that clear.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #10
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

ya, i always thought that too when i was growing up, but then when i got out there and had control of my own life, i realized that alot of the times the things they did that i thought were unfair or whatnot, were really just foundations of teachig me to take responsibility for myself, so now as a parent myself, i find myself hoping that i am able to bring up children who own up to responsibility as well...

so i guess now my career goal is being a good teacher to my kids ^_^

but also, don't be afraid to go after your dreams, because if you dont atleast try you may regret it!

Andrea

Old 07-13-2005, 05:37 AM   #11
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

My career choice has changed over the years. Between 5th and 7th grade I wanted to be a teacher. Then I wanted to be a painter/artist. Then I wanted to be a singer/song writer. Now, I have no clue of what I want to do. I've thought maybe a writer since I seem to love to write so much (if you read my LJ [which, none of you can], you'll see quite a few long-winded entries.), but I'm not sure. I've also thought about something with computer graphics even though I've just really started getting good at that sort of stuff. But, we'll see what eventually happens. I certainly don't want to work at Wendy's for the rest of my life.

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

:lol: i know what you mean about not wanting to be in fast food for the rest of your life! since my first real job at 13 as a kitchen aide at a girls camp all i have worked are food jobs, except for a short stint as a trail guide/stable hand. at one point i was going to become a horse trainer, and 3 months into my apprenticeship i discovered i was 3 months pregnant with my oldest! so i put it on hold, and may go back to it eventually...
but actually now i would like to maybe be a masage therapist or a nurse-which ironically is what my parents had wanted me to do in the first place!!!!

Andrea

Old 07-14-2005, 04:38 AM   #13
georger
JKF Member

georger Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
When I Grow Up..., what did you want to grow up as?
.....As peaceful and happy as possible. Doesn't really matter what label one wears really, so long as one can find peace and joy in it?
georger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:21 AM   #14
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

^_^ yupi ultimately i think that is everyones goal! no matter how bummed or stressed i get, i just look into one of my girls eyes and i cant help but smile ^_^

Andrea