The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Poll: What do you think of 0304?
Poll Options
What do you think of 0304?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 AM   #31
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItBeThatWay27 View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict you will not like PC as much as you hope to. It's far from 0304
I thought that too, but we were both wrong. OK, I first thoguht Love Is A Garden was really cheesey, but not anymore! I loveses it!

You all know im obsessed with 0304. Though i never liked Haunted intill now. I love it now! That just like how my favorite Spice Girls Cd is Forever, and i just now listened and loved 2 of the songs on it: even though it was my favorite CD already.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

Hi everybody:
I wanted to let my opinion too.
I love all of the melodies put in that record and specially the lyrics. And I do not understand how so many people took the videoclip Intuition in a so bad direction. It was totally did it on purpuse and in a ironic and funny way.
I sincerally think sometimes people are stupid.
I definitelly don´t like the "pop" scene but I think every way of expression should be respected as this record would be.
And I admire her for take the risk of put against her own to anyone who doesn´t like it.
I know many of you have said that you like this CD I don´t mean you at all.
I mean all the media stuff and people who think that their words mean much more than anyone elses words. People who thinks that they got the right and everyone else are wrong.
I hate that kind of people!!!! So if someone like that is reading this "DON´T BOTHER YOURSELF ANSWERING ME" :P
Take care, Sonne
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 AM   #33
arcticbit
JKF Member

arcticbit Between 0 and 10 points

I like it. It's a good studio production. Many nice sound details in the songs. The mixing is great. I have always loved dance music. Jewels voice works great on the dance inspired tracks! The album has lots of energy, like a dance albums should have! Combined with Jewel's clear and amazing voice, it's magic!

And yes, I think Intuition video was done on purpuse, Just listen to the lyrics, it says it all: "You look at me but you're not quite sure Am I it or could you get more? You learn cool from magazines" This one is also to the music industry. And listen to what Jewel says on Live at the Humprey's DVD "Oh, she took her coat off, thats what i want people to love me for" ... That is a very honest Jewel talking... Jewel want her fans to love her for her music ,,, lyrics and voice... So nice

And it's not a plain bubblegumalbum, oh no But yes, it have some bubblegum parts... I tell you, Jewel's lyrics are fare away from generic bubblegum lyrics.

Last edited by arcticbit; 06-26-2008 at 04:30 AM.
arcticbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #34
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

For me people tend to judge before to listen... I´m not blaming anyone for this.
It´s just like the way it is.
The first time I heared any sign of this album was seeing the video of Intuition... No! I lied... the first time was seeing DIVAS (when she sang with Beyonce "Proud Mary" what a voice, Jewel!!! you thrilled me you also sang Intuition there) but I remember to watch the video and couldn´t stop laughing. It was make so cool and take fun of everything that I just couldn´t help to smile. I loved that "laugh-maker" video and the lyrics are just perfect!!!
I like very much the CD, cause no matters what anyone else says, for me it´s your spirit who appear in each song and dance on it from the begin til the end!!!
From me you will only receive a "Good job, Jewel"
Take care, Sonne
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:35 AM   #35
JewelFreak
JKF Member

JewelFreak Between 0 and 10 points

0304 is the best.....no if's and's or butt's about it! It's so fun!!
JewelFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #36
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_team_asia View Post
if it had not been for 0304, i never would have been a Jewel fan. after i heard Intuition, i decided to look into other Jewel albums. Pieces of You is definitely my favorite Jewel album over all, but if it weren't for Intuition (0304), i never would have listened to any of Jewel's other music. I really like 0304
I cannot agree more with the above. Didn't care for Jewel until Intuition, but after I bought the album and went to the concert, I bought everything Jewel ever made. It just takes one small event to open up a whole new world.

Speaking of which... Ride with the Devil was on the Independent Film Channel. I scanned through it, and I must admit, I only watched the sections that Jewel was in. So my point is, I would never have bothered to watch a civil war movie had it not been for 0304.

So 0304 helped me learn American History.... is that a stretch?
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #37
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points
Wink

My opinions on 0304 have changed and mellowed over the years.

At first I didn't care for it too much.....but I admit it has grown on me! I listen to this album (minus the song 'Haunted', which I feel doesn't quite fit in too well w/this album) to workout to all the time. It really energizes me! It's also great to listen to while driving, just roll down those windows and blare it! :-)

The conclusion I have to come to regarding 0304 is that it is SMART POP. There really isn't any fluffy filler, no meaningless lyrics.....like so much "pop" today. All of these songs can (and a few have been) performed acoustically, and they still stand on their own in Jewel's regular repertoire. Once you have gotten used to the overall sound of this album, pay more careful attention to the lyrics and their underlying message. They can be serious, more deep and meaningful than the sound that accompanies them...

I feel this is how Jewel intended it - for the sound to almost contradict the lyrics; almost as if she is testing the listener to see if they can think beyond the sound, if are really paying attention...

That, my friends, is true creativity!

Last edited by DreamsLast; 03-29-2010 at 09:58 AM.
DreamsLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #38
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

I totally agree. I'm glad you came back to post on this. I've been doing a lot of listening to 0304 lately. Like you said, in the car with the windows down. It's really good and also gets me upbeat and my blood flowing on my way to work at 6:30 in the morning! and the lyrics are very smart.. The thing about 'Haunted' is that you have to wait til it picks up in the middle of the song. I think it fits very well, it just starts out slow and seems to sort of change the pace of the album, but I like it

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote