The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
M€RIO
aUsTrIaN kIlChErIaN

M€RIO Between 50 and 149 points
Question What do your friends say to you because you hear Jewel?

Hi There!

What do your friends say to you because you hear Jewel? You know, I am a 16 years old austrian boy, so no one hears or ever know Jewel!!! It is soo sad and bad! They are all obsessed with hardcoretechno or rock! I hope one day I will find a second true Kilcherian =). But this forum is very great with such people like you!

~i wanna pilot a plane with you

~so all our problems look small too

~i
ts just an inch from me to you
~depending on what map you use

*jewelonpianoandmore=)*
M€RIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

My friends used to tease me all the time that I was obsessed with Jewel. Now they are pretty laid back. They thought it was cool that I got to meet my idol and that she touched me on the shoulder hehehe
Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

Non of my friends like Jewel! One of my friends said she was ok and she listens to her once in a while, but not really.

Damn I have nothing in common with people my age. I wish I was older!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

No one teases me either. My husband really isn't into her music, but he doesn't knock it in any way. He respects music I like and vice versa, even though we have distinctively different tastes.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:55 AM   #5
nikos_
Yes, Im Mr Brightside

nikos_ Between 10 and 49 points
Exclamation !

My Friends o people i've known said :
(Ps: Im from Southamerica)

"Oh yeah, i know her.. i like HANDS or i know that heartbreaking song FOOLISH GAMES"

"She 's so pretty, very beautiful"

"She used to sing a time ago... about six years?"

"I know a few songs"

"She sings so great ! , but i only know a couple of songs "

well, here in my country played a lot the songs "HANDS" and "Foolish Games" ... it was over and over, until today we can hear suddenly one of those songs.

byeee:coffee22:

nikos_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

When I first started listening to Jewel, more people knew her and I had 2 best friends that were really into her. Over the course of a few years, we all drifted and they never really followed Jewel much after that.

My husband is like yours Christie. He doesn't like Jewel but he doesn't say anything against her. I have found 1 other Jewel fan where I work. She knows Jewel's music and only has the Pieces of You album but I'm trying to get her into Jewel a bit more. We'll see.

But most of the time, nobody knows who she is.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

The people I work with sure know who she is now!! I take my CDs in all the time and play them. I think if anything, they might be TIRED of hearing her music cause I play it so often!!

One of my friends at work was interested in the new album, so I burned off a few songs from it and mixed it up with some of her older hits. I politely asked that if she liked the songs from GAIW that she go out and buy the CD to support her.....and SHE DID!! I at least made Jewel one new fan with this album so far!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Yeah my wife is the sort of the same way... she doesn't particularly care for Jewel too much but she does like certain songs like Foolish Games and Good Day, especially Good Day. I know she gets tired of hearing her.
As far as other people, I don't know anyone else who listens to Jewel and Sitdogboy you aren't alone - I have nothing in common with anyone my age either. How many 23 year old guys do you know who listen to Jewel? I don't listen to heavy metal so I don't really fit in... not that I'm opposed to it, just don't have a taste for it I guess.. Rob zombie is as heavy as I go... so usually guys are like "hey man, you listen to that new Slipknot??? And I am like uhhh no......sorry"
People just aren't into positive music now-a-days, they like to listen to a lot of hate.

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

Alot of people I know (not my friends though) listen to Rap *PUKE*. I cant stand hearing 5 seconds of it. All it is is the same, repetitive sound effect over and over again. It is not music. I do like some RnB though.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points

Hi everyone,sorry i have not posted any replies or comments recently,i have been busy with work,and DIY and renovating my car etc,time just flies by.
I have logged on every couple of nights though to keep up with all the latest news and gossip from all you fellow Jewel followers!

YES,I also find that nobody else in my circle of friends have even heard of Jewel or listened to her music,but i am gradually grinding the bug..rs down and getting them to sit up and take notice of her.
I even bought 2 copies of the 'Live at Humphrey's' DVD so that i could keep one myself to drool over constanly,and i could loan the other one out to friends etc so they could see what i was making all the fuss about.
I have told lots of people about Jewel,and i have had a decent response.
My wife is really getting to like her too,which i'm glad about,she really does'nt have much choice with me playing Jewel CDs or DVDs all of the time.
We recently drove from Glasgow where we live,to my wife Tina's parents in West Yorkshire,around 200 miles away,and we played Jewel CDs all the way going,and coming back home,it was Jeweltastic !!!!
I really want my friends to know more about Jewel,and to appreciate her,they don't realise what they are missing i reckon.
Anyway,i hope you are all well,and i will try to get more involved again on this wonderful site.
Cheers Crawfy !!!
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #11
nikos_
Yes, Im Mr Brightside

nikos_ Between 10 and 49 points
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItBeThatWay27 View Post
so usually guys are like "hey man, you listen to that new Slipknot??? And I am like uhhh no......sorry"
People just aren't into positive music now-a-days, they like to listen to a lot of hate.

Im very very AGREE with that...
People listen to a lot of Hate, anger and sadness...
!!!

nikos_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:34 AM   #12
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos_ View Post
Im very very AGREE with that...
People listen to a lot of Hate, anger and sadness...
!!!
Very true, I don't get it either. That kind of music actually causes me to feel stressed out. To me, music is about relaxation. Why would I want to listen to music that makes me mad, upset, and angry??? I guess some people just can't get past these emotions, so they wallow in it by listening to music that can only make it worse.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:03 AM   #13
ROBARE
JKF Member

ROBARE Between 10 and 49 points
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsLastSoLong View Post
Very true, I don't get it either. That kind of music actually causes me to feel stressed out. To me, music is about relaxation. Why would I want to listen to music that makes me mad, upset, and angry??? I guess some people just can't get past these emotions, so they wallow in it by listening to music that can only make it worse.
I fell the same ,I have few cd's burned that are songs from the best times of my live.It's a way of time travel if you will.So today pulled out the vette but the top down had the night sky loaded with stars and did hour drive of me time ! Pulled in the drive with You were meant for me . ended.Not before denny's for coffee and pie.Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow it still with me?
ROBARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #14
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitdogboy! View Post
Alot of people I know (not my friends though) listen to Rap *PUKE*. I cant stand hearing 5 seconds of it. All it is is the same, repetitive sound effect over and over again. It is not music. I do like some RnB though.
Yes you are right RAP sucks and I can't get into it at all... I admit some songs are catchy but those are mostly the hip-hop styled rap songs and even that is pushing it.... I do like some hip hop and R&B though, but still not too much really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawfy-Glasgow View Post
Hi everyone,sorry i have not posted any replies or comments recently,i have been busy with work,and DIY and renovating my car etc,time just flies by.
I have logged on every couple of nights though to keep up with all the latest news and gossip from all you fellow Jewel followers!

YES,I also find that nobody else in my circle of friends have even heard of Jewel or listened to her music,but i am gradually grinding the bug..rs down and getting them to sit up and take notice of her.
I even bought 2 copies of the 'Live at Humphrey's' DVD so that i could keep one myself to drool over constanly,and i could loan the other one out to friends etc so they could see what i was making all the fuss about.
I have told lots of people about Jewel,and i have had a decent response.
My wife is really getting to like her too,which i'm glad about,she really does'nt have much choice with me playing Jewel CDs or DVDs all of the time.
We recently drove from Glasgow where we live,to my wife Tina's parents in West Yorkshire,around 200 miles away,and we played Jewel CDs all the way going,and coming back home,it was Jeweltastic !!!!
I really want my friends to know more about Jewel,and to appreciate her,they don't realise what they are missing i reckon.
Anyway,i hope you are all well,and i will try to get more involved again on this wonderful site.
Cheers Crawfy !!!
Man if you can be in the car listening to nothing but Jewel that whole time and your wife doesnt eject the cd then you are a lucky man.... my wife puts up w/ my music as I put up with hers but then we have to make a comprimise.... if I tried to play nothing but Jewel she would be rolling her eyes at me when I went to put in the 2nd cd ha ha

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #15
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitdogboy! View Post
Not only can I not stand rap, but I can't stand what is currently considered 'pop' these days. At work we were listening to the Top 40 station, and most of the songs they play now are this annoying 'urban'-pop music. And much of this music is always 'featuring....some rapper'. What has happened to the originality of music?? Many artists are borrowing melodies from older pop or rock songs....it makes you wonder if they have any original ideas at all...

Give me singer-songwriter acoustic music anytime!!