The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Jewelinmyheart
Members

Jewelinmyheart Between 10 and 49 points

Hello everyone... I wanted to come with this cause I was very impressed by this man's work. I saw the documentary this weekend and I was quite amazed with how a man diagnosed with social disability issues, a man that isolated himself to his own world could have made such contribution to world's culture and art. "In the realm of the unreal" is a title to reflect also, cause we have to see what's real and what's unreal, and decide ourselves what's true from what we have been told all the time and overcome our limitations. Henry Darger proves that all of us has something to offer to this world. No matter what we thought we had to leave behind or which problems we thought that were limitating us. I brought to this forum some pictures he painted him self and I recommend you all to see the documentary (You can check his biography here:Henry Darger Biography. You'll be amazed as I was.

At Cedernine, Jennie is Wounded

In The Realm Of The Unreal
Old 08-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #2
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

i really like the painting with the three girls, it makes me think of my own and how they are always looking at things with a sense of wonder

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote