The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour > Jewel Tour Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points
Default Summer tour announced!!

Jewel is touring this summer with Brad Paisley, Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough. There are 42 dates.
Go to www.bradpaisley.com for the dates.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Am I the only one who finds this sad and depressing.
It is bad enough they screwed her over by having her be the opening act to someone like Rob Thomas. Nothing against Rob Thomas
Only good thing about that tour was Toby Lightman and of course Jewel.

How long can her set possibly be this time.
Now Granted i do like Brad Paisley, he's one of the few country males who i can tell who he is when i hear him. He is also not bad to look at.

But this is just terrible..
Who the hell are Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough

Jewel playign with 3 other people
Considering that brad paisley will be playing a 2 hour set

What does that give Jewel a 20-30 minute set..

I wanna see JEWEL dont get me wrong but i'm not gonna be paying $50 to see Jewel, with 3 other people i don't listen to much
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
cherry-queen
supergoddess

cherry-queen Between 0 and 10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordassmonkey View Post

I wanna see JEWEL dont get me wrong but i'm not gonna be paying $50 to see Jewel, with 3 other people i don't listen to much
i agree.

i would LOVE To see her live .. but i really don't know if i want to go b/c of stupid Tick Picking brad paisley and the other people i never heard of ..

o.0

i'm still considering it .. because of where i live like no good concerts ever come near so even a short set would be cool .. but i don't know!!!
ahhh
cherry-queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:13 AM   #4
mjuehl3
JKF Member

mjuehl3 Between 0 and 10 points

this really bothered me too when i first saw it. i know this is going to be expensive to get tickets and it looks like its going to be in a huge amphitheatre too. this is really disappointing and i cant see myself paying for this.

Last edited by mjuehl3; 03-08-2008 at 04:01 PM.
mjuehl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 AM   #5
ShawnShamrock
Members

Well the last time I seen Jewel at Montage Mountain it was a terrible experience.
It was even worse because i was really into wanting to see Toby Lightman.
The people that were there were rude and just loud i could barely here Toby Lightman and i was just 4 rows away.
So then then a similar treatment happened for Jewel.
Then the rest of the people were drinking and getting drunk.

Being as this is a country concert at the same venue. HMMMM If I go it might be a similar expereince.
Maybe Jewel will be doing autographs at the merchandise table
Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
BTMYH2005
Members

BTMYH2005 Between 10 and 49 points

I'm going for sure! I like Brad Pasiely a lot. I don't know who Julianne is and Chuck is just nice to look at so I'm sure I'll enjoy this show. Best part of all JEWEL! I don't care if it's a short set. Plus I'm sure they'll do duets and stuff together. It's going to be great. She's a smart woman to tour with Brad. He attracts so many to his shows and Perectly Clear will have just come out. Anyone who's not sure what to think of her will have their minds made up after seeing her live!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
simmadana
JKF Member

simmadana Between 10 and 49 points

I think they may be rotating, not sure though. I can't imagine having all three as openers, they'd get to play two or three songs max!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
simmadana
JKF Member

simmadana Between 10 and 49 points

But yeah, I'm not going even though Chuck Wicks is easy on the eyes.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

All I can say is the same thing I said on the EDA list word for word:

You don't know how lucky you are that she is even playing at all.

As the years have rolled on, Jewel has released 0304, Goodbye Alice in Wonderland and soon to be Perfectly clear and hasn't performed in Europe since 2003 and even then, it was just one show in London. She hasn't toured Europe since Spirit! And hasn't performed in Ireland (where I am) since 1999!

I wouldn't care if it was the worst musical artist ever, if Jewel were supporting them even with just 1 song...I'd be there supporting her.

I have no idea who Brad Paisley is but I'm guessing he's a country singer and in that, I agree that she should be supporting someone else, instead of headlining her own tour. Seeing as she is entering a new genre of music (as most people will see it, even though we feel she's touched on this many times in the past), she is essentially starting out in the Country scene and wouldn't have the fanbase in that genre yet to support a headlining tour.

I just wish I could have the opportunity to even say that I would or wouldn't be going to one of her concerts. Unless she plays here, the UK or continental Europe, it's highly unlikely that I'll ever see Jewel play live again. And that makes me very sad.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #10
wackyoverkhaki
Super JKF Member

wackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 pointswackyoverkhaki Between 150 and 249 points

Sorry but I have to disagree with you all, I'm a big Brad Paisley fan so Brad & Jewel are a match made in heaven for me. Don't care for his latest record though, but his first four are fantastic.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:21 AM   #11
BTMYH2005
Members

BTMYH2005 Between 10 and 49 points

Julianne Hough was the winner of Dancing With the Stars this past season and the 1st season. She was the professional dancer and her partner was the race car driver last season. I didn't know she sang. She doesn't have an album out yet but the two single on iTunes are alright.. nothing special.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #12
dyw2play
JKF Member

dyw2play Between 10 and 49 points

She'll do atleast a 45 minute set.There are "three" support acts, first one gets about 20 mins, the guy will get about half hour, Jewel will get about 45-50. His tour last summer was basically the same (I went.) Taylor Swift, Kellie Pickler and Jack Ingram opened and all did pretty long sets.

But be ready...if the time on the ticket says 7:00, first act will walk on stage right at 7. We figured ohhh concerts never start on time, she we arrived at 7:45 as Taylor Swift was walking off the stage. Sucked.

Anyways. It will be a good show. Not sure who the girl is but the guy is pretty good and Brad is a great live act as well.

I know people are worried about the audience being attentive during the show. I've never been to a country show where everyone there wasn't into the music.
dyw2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:26 AM   #13
ShawnShamrock
Members

I will disagree with that. I was at a few country concerts where there was drunk people and some drama. Seems more to common at the country concerts then the regular concerts.

The most recent example was at Sara Evans last year. This guy had way too much to drink and got into it heavy with one of the security guards. This is at a venue where they won't let you take any drink into the concert hall period. So you have to drink in the lobby or the bar area. Well he caused a big stir and it got everyone focusing less on Sara Evans who granted was just tellling a story at the time but she was quick to point it out to everyone so she had fun with it.

Oh well the only reason i would go to this concert would be to see if Jewel would rememeber me from the last time she was at montage.

Does anyone know what she is playing..
What is the setlist gonna look like
Is it gonna be a band or her solo
I hope it is a band, no offense to the solo people.

I can't imagine her doing much of the older stuff. I doubt Who will save your soul" or "Intutiton" will go overwell with a country audience.

So what is she gonna get in 10 songs if were lucky.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #14
AngelFreak
JKF Member

AngelFreak Between 0 and 10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordassmonkey View Post
Am I the only one who finds this sad and depressing.
It is bad enough they screwed her over by having her be the opening act to someone like Rob Thomas. Nothing against Rob Thomas
Only good thing about that tour was Toby Lightman and of course Jewel.

How long can her set possibly be this time.
Now Granted i do like Brad Paisley, he's one of the few country males who i can tell who he is when i hear him. He is also not bad to look at.

But this is just terrible..
Who the hell are Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough

ME NEITHER.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:04 AM   #15
colorfulhorses
JKF Member

colorfulhorses Between 0 and 10 points

Country stars get drunk, rock and pop get high and there are annoying people in all, not just in country
colorfulhorses is offline   Reply With Quote