The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #31
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

as tracy so requested i have unlocked her thread for her...if any other admin. member feels the need to lock it again, go ahead, i will leave it alone after that

here ya go tracy!! say what ya gotta say! ^_^

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:08 AM   #32
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Uh, ok. I guess I should just clear things up about why I left for almost a month. It wasn't just because of what was said in that one thread (what was it called? I kinda forgot :unsure:), but a lot of stuff put together. I won't say what in particular, so I'll just leave it at that. I guess that I should also mention that Justin wasn't the reason for me leaving either, so if he's "grounded" for that reason then, well, he shouldn't be. Admittedly, I didn't read too many of the posts in the "Kilcherian Soap Opera Thread" or "Survivor: Kilcheria", so I may be confused.

Anyway, I'm tired and I hate explaining myself, so I'm sorry if this post doesn't make sense. Taking this off topic now (since this is MY thread, I don't care. :P):

Quote:
Craig - For What it is worth, Angel Eyes, the one thing I like about you is that you consistently speak YOUR truth. You don't say what others want to hear. I like that very much about you. I liked that you said you like Ashlee Simpson's cd.
Music should appeal to you for how it makes you feel!!
The ironic thing about that is that for a long time I wouldn't have admitted it. I'm still like that to a certain extent in real life (even with Jewel), but overtime I've learned to just say "f**k it" and admit it. Though, even now when my brother and sister tells someone that I like Jewel so much, I become embarassed. When they look through my CDs and see my Ashlee Simpson, Tatu, Mandy Moore, Pink or Avril albums, then they give a face like :blink: and sometimes mock me. With Ashlee or Avril they're like "yeah, she's punk!" and with the others they're like "you have her album? Why? :blink:". It sucks how people are like that, and in short LonelyLullaby, that's why some people wouldn't admit to it. :) People trying to be "cool", but a fan of an artist, would mock the artist with their friends so that they still seem "cool". It's not as far fetched as it may seem.

"I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
"
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:08 AM   #33
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

I'm going to address that post alone Tracy and ignore all the stuff that happened before it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes@Jul 15 2005, 11:08 PM
Uh, ok. I guess I should just clear things up about why I left for almost a month. It wasn't just because of what was said in that one thread (what was it called? I kinda forgot :unsure:), but a lot of stuff put together. I won't say what in particular, so I'll just leave it at that.
Well, airing personal concerns in an public forum is certainly not always the best thing to do. (I'm not saying that anybody here did this.)

Quote:
I guess that I should also mention that Justin wasn't the reason for me leaving either, so if he's "grounded" for that reason then, well, he shouldn't be.
Well since I have been informed that the reason that Justin was "grounded" is none of my business I will not comment on that issue.

Quote:
Admittedly, I didn't read too many of the posts in the "Kilcherian Soap Opera Thread" or "Survivor: Kilcheria", so I may be confused.
I also have no comment on those threads that I have not already said.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm tired and I hate explaining myself, so I'm sorry if this post doesn't make sense. Taking this off topic now (since this is MY thread, I don't care. :P):

The ironic thing about that is that for a long time I wouldn't have admitted it. I'm still like that to a certain extent in real life (even with Jewel), but overtime I've learned to just say "f**k it" and admit it.
Being a fan means different things to different people. Some fans just buy the artist's albums while others post online shrines and follow the artist from city to city. I think most people who post in these forums have a certain degree of "obsessive" tendencies and are more than casual fans. We all have a line we do not like to have crossed when it comes to people talking about the things that we hold dear. It is very hard to know where someone else's line is located - the point at which they have become offended or uncomfortable. It is made especially hard because of the severe limitations of communicating by typing messages in to a computer.

Quote:
Though, even now when my brother and sister tells someone that I like Jewel so much, I become embarassed.
This is certainly a feeling that comes from within yourself. I often hear people say "you made me feel guilty" and think "Not intentionally. I just said what I feel and the guilt came from within you".

Quote:
When they look through my CDs and see my Ashlee Simpson, Tatu, Mandy Moore, Pink or Avril albums, then they give a face like :blink: and sometimes mock me. With Ashlee or Avril they're like "yeah, she's punk!" and with the others they're like "you have her album? Why? :blink:". It sucks how people are like that, and in short LonelyLullaby, that's why some people wouldn't admit to it. :)
There are more musical genres and artists than any one of us could ever listen to in a lifetime. Many times people who say they do not like a certain artists say this because ot preconceived notions about what that artist sounds like or stands for. In any everybody has their own tastes in music, clothing, food, literature, etc... People are constantly putting down what others like. It is a part of life that starts sometime around the age of 10. Sometimes people put down music because they want you to be their friend and like what they like. Sometimes they put down music because they just plain don't like it. We can't all like the same music. It would not be normal.

Quote:
People trying to be "cool", but a fan of an artist, would mock the artist with their friends so that they still seem "cool". It's not as far fetched as it may seem.
I could see it happening. I tend to think of it this way. I like Jewel's music a great deal. I think she is a beautiful, talented singer and songwriter. I also think she sometimes wears clothing that is totally over the top (think blender photos.) Think of a friend that you are close to. Does that friend not sometimes make fun of you an dstill remain your loyal friend? Playful banter that makes fun of things we like is part of being a friend. Friends often try to get us to be more like them. Sometimes friends help us to recognize that we have made a mistake or need to make life changes. Sometimes they are way off base and need to gently back off. Doing so in a playful manner is the best way to do this IMO. I think it's like that with Jewel for some fans. They feel that making fun of her is like making fun of a close friend. Not in a mean way, just playful banter to communicate that they would prefer her to be more like them. A good friend of course will accept you as you are, but they still try to make you like them - it's human nature.

So what am I trying to say? Beats me. What are you trying to say? ;) :dunno:
Old 07-19-2005, 12:00 AM   #34
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

That's a pretty stupid comment
I'm really tired so don't pay too much attention to this post- but I dont put artists down because I want to be cool
Im on a Jewel Kilcher forum coolness is out of the question ;)
I just think that all of the above suck and if by now you got to know anything about me I usually say exactly what I think
How you deal with this is your own issue and if you leave because of it- hey
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 AM   #35
MrCC
JKF Member

So you're saying just my post is crap or everybody's is crap. Maybe your post is crap too? ;)

Hmmm. :o
Old 07-20-2005, 01:51 AM   #36
MrCC
JKF Member

I guess you're done too? ;)
Old 08-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #37
LonelyLullaby
Members

Quote:
So you're saying just my post is crap or everybody's is crap. Maybe your post is crap too? ;)

I was saying that everyone's post is crap :givbeer: I wouldn't stop at one person
I'm just kidding. Seriously I just wanted to point out that I actually didn't like the artists mentioned (Ashlee Simpson) and that I think it's a bad reason to leave
But to each his own. And no way am I done Mike ^_^ I'm sorry for not being here so long
I've just been busy with jobs and volunteering at the hospital
It's wearing me out :cry: I'll be back
Old 08-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #38
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LonelyLullaby@Aug 23 2005, 06:14 AM
Quote:
So you're saying just my post is crap or everybody's is crap.? Maybe your post is crap too?? ;)

I was saying that everyone's post is crap :givbeer: I wouldn't stop at one person
I'm just kidding. Seriously I just wanted to point out that I actually didn't like the artists mentioned (Ashlee Simpson) and that I think it's a bad reason to leave
But to each his own. And no way am I done Mike ^_^ I'm sorry for not being here so long
I've just been busy with jobs and volunteering at the hospital
It's wearing me out :cry: I'll be back
OIC You were gone from thread from July 19th to August 23rd(Edited: It said June by Mistake as Bobby pointed out). You were only done for a month. :wub:
Old 08-24-2005, 05:31 AM   #39
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

U HAVE A TIME MACHINE???!!!!

(half the people who read this wont get it)

HINT - read the above posts several times out loud.

im just kidding, anyway, since when did this thread come back, im not sure i like it
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #40
LonelyLullaby
Members

Yeah we probably should finish off the thread
I just figured I'll announce that no way am I leaving this place B)
And yes Mike ^_^ gone just for a month
And look how many changes already ^_^
Old 08-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #41
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

THE LAST POST OF THE THREAD!!!

I am declaring that this is the last post of the thread.

DO NOT POST AFTER ME AND DECLARE THAT 'YOU WON' or make sarcastic comments. JUST LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE!

Thank You.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:22 AM   #42
MrCC