The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
piecesofuk
JKF Member

piecesofuk Between 10 and 49 points
Default Perfectly Clear: 30 sec clips of all songs on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewel/6969468687

scroll down to the My HTML section. Doesn't seem to work with Firefox though.

Chris.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points

Thanks Chris!
I have firefox and it works fine for me. From a first listen Anyone But You and Til it Feels Like Chating sound awesome! Rosy and Mick sounds good too, very up tempo. Still not sure how I feel about 2 Become 1 being on this album. I like the song but would rather hear something new.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Lara Between 0 and 10 points

i love Thump thump and till it feels like cheating...not sure about rosy and mick though)
Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

Thanks, Chris!

This is great! I've been checking Amazon and B&N everyday hoping one will post preview clips....didn't think to look at her Facebook!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

Yikes! Rosey & Mick sounds so weird...not a song I was expecting to be uptempo at all...

Anyone But You's got a lot of country in it
Old 05-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
simmadana
JKF Member

simmadana Between 10 and 49 points

OMG NO! Rosy & MICK! NOOOOOOOOOOOO......

eh.....I don't know how I feel. they all sort of run together
Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
BTMYH2005
Members

BTMYH2005 Between 10 and 49 points

I've been waiting so patiently for this!! Today is a great day because of these clips. The album sounds great! The songs sound sooo country.. I love it!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

it sounds just about as good as i thought it would!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:36 AM   #9
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

That Is Awesome I am so glad "Rosy and Mick" got a little change i may grow to like that song.
"Love is a Garden" has an odd sounding sound to it but i like it..
I love "I do". "Anyone but you" sounds like it could be a nice ballad kinda single. "Thump Thump" Sounds like the skippable track or a really slow grower.
"Two become one" Does not soudn much different then 0304 version at all to me sounds kinda like they added a banjo and violin and it was much stronger on 0304. I don't think it would fair well as a single but i have to hear that whole song. "Til it feels like cheating" sounds like it would also be a rockin awesome single. "Everything" needs to be a single i just love that song. "Loved by you" is so-so. "Perfectly Clear" doesnt really seem to fit with the rest of the album.. Not sure what the deal is with "you were meant for me"
Hope she doesnt try to release a countrified version lol

OVerall from the previews the album sounds quite awesome..
0304 is still my favorite.. This could end up second
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:24 AM   #10
JewelWiki
JKF Member

I feel like her vocals on Anyone But You sound really good! At least in the clip...the way she sings...It sounds to me that for the first time Jewel's emotion made it through singing in the studio! I'm definitely excited for this album!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Lara
JK Fan n°1 in Croatia

Lara Between 0 and 10 points

Anyone but you, Till it feels like cheating and thump thump are my favorites! I don't like the arrangement on rosy and mick... but maybe we should wait to hear the whole thing! so I'm still hoping it will sound better...

And i agree with you Jewelwiki, somehow you can feel the emotions on Anyone but you as if she was singing live...
Old 05-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
Sam78
JKF Member

Sam78 Between 0 and 10 points

Wow--I'm actually a little encouraged.

Most of the songs to me sound like traditional Jewel with some country instrumentation thrown in, but that's alright.

TIFLC sounds like a great potential single, and ABY sounds like a solid country song that could potentially also be a single.

I'm still gagging at 2B1 being included, but it's her CD, not mine.

I agree with whoever said PC doesn't sound like it fits. I would have liked to have seen Violet Eyes in its place--not because they have anything to do with one another, but because I think it could fit on a country album better and is one of the best songs she's ever written IMO.

Am I the only one who likes what she did with R&M? I think it sounds like a single, whereas the ways we've heard it live haven't sounded radio friendly at all.

Also, the quality of YWMFM sounds a little off, so I suspect if it makes it onto the album it will be as a live, bonus track.

I just hope she abandons the idea of catering to the crap country/pop crossover market by releasing 2B1 as her next single and releases one of the several lyrical and melodic gems instead. There's a lot of quality to choose from here, and I hope Jewel takes a bolder chance. If not, what was the point of switching genres in the first place?
Sam78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

wow I never thought I'd see the time where I wouldn't be buying a Jewel album. I love the vocals.... probably the best vocals on any Jewel. I love the lyrics from what I've heard. I HATE the instrumentation. Too much going on with all those strings and whiny sounds, and the tempos on some songs detract. "Rosey and Mick" does not sound like a song that should be up beat yet here it is on the album all pepped up? maybe next album Jewel...
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #14
Romanos
JKF Member

Romanos Between 0 and 10 points

I couldn't disagree more with you! I hate the previews it's obvious not the best album of Jewel but I wouldn't want to know it as the worst one! Have you listened to Rosy & Mick?? how could a song like that be with a happy melody and all the old songs are better lives than in these previews but I wish I am totally wrong!!!! just the three that are in her official website are good for me but the others I just don't like them! but I agree with some of you about the vocals they're great but the instruments really yuck!
Romanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 AM   #15
go_team_asia
JKF Member

go_team_asia Between 10 and 49 points

I hated Thump Thump live (which is strange because Jewel is better live in my opinion) but I actually think it is my favorite out of all the previews? I dunno about Rosey and Mick. I like the preview, I just don't think it will translate the passion and feeling of the original version, which is sad. I'm excited for I Do, Love Is A Garden, Two Become One (I'm a huge 0304 fan ) and Perfectly Clear. I'm not-so-patiently waiting for June 3rd.