The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #16
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

I would make some tacos with Jewel. They're easy and fun. That or anything BBQ'd would do fine i think. For dessert I would say some strawberry shortcakes with whipped cream or we can grab some Carvel form the coner of my house. THough I owndre of Jewel has had some Puerto Rican cuisine? :dunno: I'll have my Mom cook in that scenerio.
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #17
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by mcphee@Aug 3 2005, 10:53 PM
Eggs, Pancakes with maple syrup, and a cup of coffee.
Yum Yum YUMMMMMMM.

I adore that! Can you make it for me? Promise I'll love it!

Ya know what you just can't get in Ireland? Proper Belgian waffles. I used to work in a Library in Dublin City centre and there was a great American coffee shop called 'North American Grind', they made the most perfect waffles served with all sorts but my fave was the maple syrup. Oh I just melt at the thought. I would often take the 1 hour trip into the city just to get some, long after I stopped working in the library, just as a treat. But sadly, they have closed and moved back to America. :) :cry:

OH HOW I MISS WAFFLES!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #18
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

IF JEWEL CAME OVER TO MY HOUSE

(I change my mind about KFC, neither of us needs anymore cellulite)

I'd take her to the dentist.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 AM   #19
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

well - caterers can be there on the spot if u have the right - connections :rolleyes: and recipe's - u better just look for what u can make - heck - let's make her some - um - spaghetti!
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:23 PM   #20
LonelyLullaby
Members

LonelyLullaby Between 10 and 49 points

You know I would cook something that I love myself :)
Because I'd want her to share something of mine
She writes music and hopes that people like it and I would produce something that I love and hope that she would :agree:
LonelyLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #21
Jewelinmyheart
Members

Jewelinmyheart Between 10 and 49 points

I would like to cook Pasta for her... I love pasta and my friends say that I prepare delicious pasta... Well, that would be the coolest option also, cause the scientists has said that pasta make people happy... I want to make Jewel Happy :P
Old 07-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

I saw this and couldn't resist as I'm a bit picky about my fofd 9comes from being a bachelor).

An average meal if Jewel dropped in, well, first I'd have to get out the copper saucepan and heat it up with plenty of real chruned butter from the produce market down the road.

I would naturally cook my favourite meal which is always stocked heavily in the refrigerator. All I need is eggs, bangers, and champagne (Bollinger RD) which I usually keep a bottle or two in the cabinet for special occasions.

Scrambled Eggs James Bond

For two individualists:
8 fresh eggs
Salt and pepper (to taste)
5-6 oz. of fresh butter.
Break the eggs into a bowl. Beat thoroughly with a fork and season well. In a small copper (or heavy bottomed saucepan) melt four oz. of the butter. When melted, pour in the eggs and cook over a very low heat, whisking continuously with a small egg whisk.
While the eggs are slightly more moist than you would wish for eating, remove the pan from heat, add rest of butter and continue whisking for half a minute, adding the while finely chopped chives or fines herbes if desired.

Serve on hot buttered toast (whole wheat, not white and most certianly not rye!) in individual copper dishes (for appearance only) with sauce bernaise and little sausage links or bacon (whichever i've got in the refrigerator, not sure right now), and pink champagne (Bollinger RD either 89 or 95) and low music (Preferrably 'La Vie En Rose', as it is only sutiable for the company of a lady).

Should champagne be unavailable, I would entice her with either vodka straight (Stolichnaya or Smirnoff only) or a good gin and tonic (Gordons or Tanqueray only).
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #23
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

OH, yeah, I almost forgot, if she wanted something to take home with her, I'd make one of my favourite desserts. It's easy, too. I call them 'Honey Biscuits'.

All you need is a box of 'drop biscuit' mix, a jar of honey and some REAL maple syrup, along with cinnamon if you're into that kinda thing.

Mix the powder from the drop bisuits into a fine batter and then combine hte maple syrup FIRST, then he honey SECOND! After that, 'drop them' onto a large flat pan and put into the oven and cook until golden brown and THEN ONLY IF YOU WANT TO, add a pinch of cinnamon.

It tastes, great and lasts for days if you don't eat them all first. It's like a heart attack in a biscuit, but they're worth it!
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #24
artistindisguise
JKF Member

artistindisguise Between 0 and 10 points

jewel: *knock knock*
me: *opens door* OMG JEWEL hi!
jewel: hi, my car broke down. i need a place to stay.
me: OMG stay here! stay here! oh, and could you play a song? and sign my guitar? and sign pieces of you? and spirit? and this way? and goodbye alice in wonderland? and sign the poster of you in bedroom? and my end table? and my ceiling fan -?
jewel: i'm hunnnnngryyyyyy.
me: o right ok. um.... hey, you like cookie crisp cereal? :P

. . .
[[smocks are smexy]]
. . . pieces of us die everyday . . .
Eat the flesh
Spit out the seeds
artistindisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #25
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

I'd make these poatoes I have a recipe for... it involves potatoes, sour cream and jalapeno peppers... they are awesome. You scrape out the jalapeno peppers and then like mash up the potatoes with sour cream and jalappeno pieces and then fill the jalapeno peels or skins or whatever with the potatoes and then bake them in the oven.... they are awesome. And probably some parmesan chicken... where you coat chicken with parmesan with chili powder and bake it like that.... it's simple and tastes awesome..

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #26
JewelJK
JKF Member

JewelJK Between 50 and 149 points

It would be my favorite food ever! Pizza and Salad MMM! I have actually thought of this before. How funny!

Darkness surrounds me... I scratch, I struggle, I breathe ...
JewelJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
kelane6
JKF Member

kelane6 Between 10 and 49 points

Grilled salmon or halibut from Alaska of course, roasted potatoes and salad, maybe home made rolls if I feel up to it, and an apple or peach pie for dessert, I make great pies from scratch. And yeah her and the kids are so going to have a karoke contest on the playstation.
kelane6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #28
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Im alll about the salmon but If Jewel came to my door the first thing on my mind surely would not be food.
I don't care to cook. I will call one of my lesbians that likes to cook maybe Rachel Ray. Although i have a strong dislike for rachel ray.
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #29
dina
JKF Member

dina Between 0 and 10 points
Default Bbq Ribs

I would pop open a bottle of red wine, have salsa and chips, fire up the grill and smoke some ribs, and then smother a hickory bbq sauce on them. While the ribs smoke (takes a couple hours) I would show Jewel my guitar collection and ask what she would like to do after dinner, a movie? go to the bowling alley? etc. I wouldn't ask her to play guitar and sing for*me because she's probably tired of that. I would think that she would want to give her hands and voice a break since it seems like she's always doing an important gig. Wow, I wish this could come true!!!!!!!
dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #30
artistindisguise
JKF Member

artistindisguise Between 0 and 10 points

actually, today i just learned how to make a hard boiled egg. so i can add that to the menu of what i could cook for her:

cereal
hard-boiled eggs

. . .
[[smocks are smexy]]
. . . pieces of us die everyday . . .
Eat the flesh
Spit out the seeds
artistindisguise is offline   Reply With Quote