The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-18-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

well.... my site is pretty well known for its wallpapers and graphics, i want some feedback on what you guys want.... any jewel pictures that are high quality and you are waiting for a wallpaper, submit them here or send them to me via email...here works though... i want your ideas on what the next background images should be....

also, i would like to offer those that create there own wallpapers to submit them to me...i will credit you.... and start a new section called "USER SUBMITTED WALLPAPERS" or something of the sort.... as a later note, the 74 800x600 backgrounds on my site will be gone sometime soon, not sure b/c it's hard to let them go.... but grab them if you wish and save save save.... once they are gone they are gone forever! unless i just keep the background files to myself, and show u thumbnails...and if u wish.....request them via email...that'd work fine.

also, avatars..... what pictures do you want on them.... sangs...anything crazy? lol.... i know this seems to be like supporting my site and all, but i thought this was a good way of feedback that could benefit all of us if you care for me to create some more jewel content :)

http://www.michaelsjewel.com/downloadbackgrounds.html
http://www.michaelsjewel.com/downloadwallpapers.html
http://www.michaelsjewel.com/AVATARS.html
are the pages to browse to know what's been done and what should be done related to what you think could be a good image.... remember, any image used on the backgrounds page can still work for your submission of ideals....i just need to create news ones in the high resolution 1400x1050 format
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
michaelsjewel
Member's

yay...4 stars....first to four stars....first to 3 stars...do i get a prize or something? :mooner: :muhaha: :clapjoy: :thxblush: :devil1: :silly: :bananarock: :shock:
Old 02-18-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Well, me submitting wallpapers to your site would just be blasphemous, but I'd gladly submit a few avatars, since I have no intention of putting a section like that on MY site... :rolleyes: ...and now for the tedium: MSN messenger display pic sizes are 96x96...so any of those avatars as an MSN display pic should be shrunk down to 96x96. ;)
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Feb 18 2005, 05:16 PM
yay...4 stars....first to four stars....first to 3 stars...do i get a prize or something? :mooner: :muhaha: :clapjoy: :thxblush: :devil1: :silly: :bananarock: :shock:
Yea. Your prize is a star. ;)
Old 02-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
MrCC
JKF Member

Michael: Have you ever considered before deleting them from your site:
  • Create a Special Photobucket account. Say JewelBackgrounds.
  • Upload all your old stuff.
  • Share the album or make it public.
  • Post a link on your website pointing to the album.
That way people could still download them if they wanted and if anybody searched photobucket for Jewel your backgrounds would come up. I don't know their policy on multiple accounts or if you have one there at all. I was going to make my album public, but I have only one account and they track bandwidth. I assume that eventually if you make it public when people search Google for images they will be able to use your photobucket bandwidth which might cause problems.

Just a suggestion.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
michaelsjewel
Member's

well....see...the 96x96 is still in the 10x10 or 100x100 ratio, so it shrinks automatically! - i've used even wallpapers as avatars on msn messenger, it still works.....in fact, i'm using mine on msn messenger right now...at least the first avatar i have well...i guess it don't shrink it, but it only cuts off barely anything that you wouldn't miss it....
Old 02-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #7
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

Yes, but I'm saying that if not shrunk to the exact proper size, the condensed picture could look a bit screwed up.
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
michaelsjewel
Member's

hmmm....well....it don't look screwed up on my messenger...... so i think it's fine!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

How about taking the same 100x100 avatars, shrink them to 96x96 and then put them in a different section for just MSN icons? That'll work wouldn't it? Just a suggestion :)

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #10
michaelsjewel
Member's

but see, msn messenger already shrinks it to 96x96 for me, so i don't see the point... the only reason it can do that without much distortion is the fact 96x96 is in the same proportion as 100x100.... make sense? or do you really want me to upload 2 versions of them?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #11
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Feb 18 2005, 05:16 PM
sorry michael - I'll be changing that. I think they were set too low and I think it would be best to change the margins to reflect the popularity and activity of the site.

You'll be back to 4 stars soon enough though I am sure.

It will no doubt affect all of the regular posting members (including me) so I apologise for this in advance but I do feel we need a more accurate assessment of posts.

Thanks
Kiera

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
MrCC
JKF Member

Oh, sure threaten to take away our stars.

Maybe you should award them based on popularity or the ability to answer trivia questions. Or don't give any stars if people say their favorite album is 0304. ;)
Old 02-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #13
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel
but see, msn messenger already shrinks it to 96x96 for me, so i don't see the point... the only reason it can do that without much distortion is the fact 96x96 is in the same proportion as 100x100.... make sense? or do you really want me to upload 2 versions of them?
Well, like I said, it was just a suggestion. I don't use MSN anyways, so it wouldn't affect me either way.

And Kiera, I agree with you about the star thing. Having 2 stars after your first 10 posts really is a bit extreme.

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:37 PM   #14
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes@Feb 19 2005, 12:28 AM

And Kiera, I agree with you about the star thing. Having 2 stars after your first 10 posts really is a bit extreme.
Well when you put it that way, I agree too. :D
Old 02-19-2005, 08:13 PM   #15
michaelsjewel
Member's

i never noticed the two stars after...um..... 10 posts...that's outrageous.... oh well....i'll be there in a month or so i'm sure...lmao