The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points
Default Go off on a tangent...

Talk about anything you like, go off topic all you want to and get to know each other.

What do you feel like talking about?
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

I have a question and topic kinda. Anyone ever sold anything on ebay? I have this huge oil painting, the original. It's of a conquistador. It's huge. I don't really want to part with it because I've loved it as a child but I was thinking of selling it on Ebay because I could use the money. I'm going to put a reserve price of 1G. Just for the hell of it. I need to get it out and take a pic so you guys can see it. What do you think good idea, bad idea? Anyone have any stories about ebay?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

Yes, and we could have LAM produce & direct it! That would be frickin' hilarious!!:lmao2:
Old 09-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

well, in my experience, if it has any special meaning, dont sell it unless you absolutely have no other options. i pawned some of my grandfathers antique marbles when i was younger and if i could i would go back and not do it.

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

Timbaland:Yodeling Jewel wherever you are, I'm all alone and it's you that I want

Jewel: Bad rapping Timbaland, let's get to the point, I like country boys, get the hell outta here
Old 09-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

On the subject of Ebay, I'd like to let off some steam!!! I finally bought the Live At Humphrey's DVD off Ebay 3 weeks ago. I did the 'Buy It Now' option and paid that day. The seller lives in the same area that I do and they waited more than 2 weeks to send me my video!! Another item I purched the same day that was coming from Maryland came a few days after I bought it, so it made no sense when I hadn't gotten my DVD yet....

When I asked them what the hel* took so long, they said "I thought you were going to stiff me"....or some stupid thing like that. I don't know where this dude/chick was coming from so I gave them a negative feedback. Sure enough when I went to check out the rest of their feedback's, they'd gotten like 5 'negatives' in the last month for slow shipping!!

Be careful on Ebay, not only for people like this but also people can crack into your accounts and try to purchase things with your information and/or post things for sale. This happened to me!! I was getting all these messages from people asking about the 4-wheelers & jet-skis for sale, and I was like, WHAT THE????....Fortunately I got my Ebay acct. & PayPal closed before anything really bad happened.....Change your passwords pretty often to help prevent this from happening.

The moral of the story is Watch Out For Ebay.......
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 AM   #7
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

Ooooooooooo............that's a good start, LDR!!! We could put Timbaland in jeans with a BIG belt buckle with a guitar and have Jewel decked out in the latest gangsta wear.........we could get her a GRILL!!!!!:lmao2: :lmao2:
Old 09-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by last_dance_rodeo View Post
I have a question and topic kinda. Anyone ever sold anything on ebay? I have this huge oil painting, the original. It's of a conquistador. It's huge. I don't really want to part with it because I've loved it as a child but I was thinking of selling it on Ebay because I could use the money. I'm going to put a reserve price of 1G. Just for the hell of it. I need to get it out and take a pic so you guys can see it. What do you think good idea, bad idea? Anyone have any stories about ebay?
Yep, I've sold stuff on eBay. I sold the original wedding ring that I was going to use. I decided closer to my wedding that I didn't like it as much as when I bought it so I decided to have my wedding ring made. So I sold the old one. Lost money on it but that's what I get for changing my mind. I love my wedding ring that I designed myself and had made so it's all good.

I will be selling some more stuff soon too. Not sure about selling paintings but I know there are plenty on there already so I am sure it's worth a shot.

I'll be selling a promo CD of Mickey Harte (an Irish singer) for his new album due out soon. It will only appeal to Irish ebayers.

I'll also be selling my Patricia Cornwell 'Predater' audiobook cd. I bought it on ebay but it turned out to be the abridged version. I listened to it, now I have no need to keep it so I may as well get something back for it.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #9
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

hahaha put the grill only on her wiggly tooth
Old 09-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #10
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

ha ha have u seen those pictures of jessica simpson and whats that girls name kimberly stewart??? with those grills on their teeth... I saw them in a magazine.. disgusting...

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #11
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

ya, joe had bought a motorcycle manual off there and it took WEEEEEEEEEEEEKS to get here, but he got it--eventually, atleast it was half what he would have paid for it in a store

so far we havent had any bad experiences with ebay, though you always hear the horror stories

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #12
Little Bird
Administrator

I was 'almost' stung out of $60 when I bought a laptop battery online. They sent me the wrong one, I had to send it back then they had their account removed from ebay. Thought I would never get the money back and I was down a battery. I ended up being one of the very few that got my money refunded but many others didn't.

Also, my husband bought a PDA with GPS on it and then they wouldn't accept paypal. They wouldn't take anything other than cash. That isn't allowed. So after a bit of a dispute, I contacted ebay and it was all sorted. They cancelled the transation and then they informed me that I was one of many who made the same complaint and that the member was no longer allowed to trade on eBay.

I don't know if this means anything, but both members were from Hong Kong. Seems to be too many questions unanswered coming from there so now I avoided transactions from there.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:25 AM   #13
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

I am skeered to get a tattoo but I want one... I need to go find the tattoo thread...

and nothing else matters

Old 09-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #14
Little Bird
Administrator

I still play with the idea of getting a tatoo. I just don't have a design in mind that I could live with for the rest of my life. Even though I would have the tat in a place that won't be on show (e.g. hip) I still want to make sure it is absolutely the right image.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #15
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

here I saw this on myspace and I wanted to post it for Kiera and Christie:

and nothing else matters