The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

My answers to the last round of Pieces of You:

~ What is the best band name you have ever heard of?
I have always loved the name Deep Purple but I also adore the name Enigma (and I am a huge fan)
~ Can you swim?
Nope. Love the water though. But it's a weird fear. I just don't like the idea of being unsupported in the water. I like knowing the ground is below so I don't like the idea of floating. Odd I know but that's me!
~ What is the hottest weather you have ever experienced?
34* celcius in Chessington amusement park a few years ago. Never again!
~ If you knew today was your last day to live, what would be your final meal?
I am a good ol' tradition Irish girl and I love my boiled ham cabbage and potatoes....either that or my mothers steak pie...yum yum.
~ What?s your favourite movie?
Well its not a movie but a trilogy...The Matrix trilogy in fact. First one was the best though.

This time I snoop about:

~What is the sickest you have ever been?
~What other language would you love to learn (that you don't know already)?
~If you had the opportunity to work full time for a charity, what one would it be and why?
~Have you ever written a poem/song/book?
~Do you believe the moon can affect peoples moods?

Look forward to responses as always.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #2
WhatWouldJewelDo
Members

WhatWouldJewelDo Between 10 and 49 points

When I was 11, I had the stomach flu really bad, and a fever of like 104 F, and I was in the hospital hooked up to the baggy drippy thingy, cause I was dehydrated.

i cant spell, sorry

Spanish, because its useful in California

~If you had the opportunity to work full time for a charity, what one would it be and why?

It would be for the animal rescue, because I love all kinds of animals, and when I think of an animal, any kind, and it living alone and dying, it just breaks my heart.

I write poems a lot, and I like to compose music on the guitar, I play acoustic and classical. My friend andie and I are also writing a musical, i must say it is the most brilliant thing. its about this guy that finds out he is gay, and then he has sex with his co-worker and his wife catches them doing it under a blanket, and then she doesnt want to be divorced again, so she drops a bunch of acid in his drink and theres a scene where hes on an acid trip and hes singing and dying. and then in the second act he is reincarnated and marries his wife and starts the same life over again, its wierd.

brilliant huh?? do i smell a TONY???

my dog acts wierd when its a full moon, and i sometimes like to eat junk foodand get fat, but thats all the time as well, so i dunno.
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out

thank you India
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence</span></span></span>
WhatWouldJewelDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

umm, once i ate an undercooked calzone and was sick for the whole weekend and wouldnt touch calzone for like 5 years,
the second was the first time i got drunk, it was sooo bad, to this day (8 years later) i cannot even smell a pina colada without getting nauseous
and lastly the nov. before last i had some fried chicken from Smithfields, was sick for the whole weekend-again- missed Corinne's 5th birthday

there are a few,
French because i am part french, and i think it sounds really pretty
Finnish because i am part fin. and it is an unusual language around here
Spanish because it would be useful
Italian so when joe and i run off to italy and buy that villa we will fit in

if i was single then the Peace Corps, it was something i used to think about alot, or now maybe as a family, being missionaries would be interesting and rewarding

i wrote alot of poetry in high school, a few since then, i thought i had gotten a couple published through the National Library of poetry, but i am pretty sure that was a scam

ya, why not, the moons gravitational force is what moves the tides so why wouldnt it have an affect on peoples moods, of course it could always be the idea that it affects moods that causes people to act differently!

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Doing these little 'getting to know you' things still surprise me when I read people's answers.

See I am surprised to hear you both write poetry, I think that's great! You must share some here sometime.

Also, Peace Corps....don't know much about it. Care to enlighten?

K

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

In the summer of '97 when I had really bad strep throat. I pretty much just woke up one morning and the right side of my neck near my throat was hurting and that gland was swollen really bad. The pain was so bad that my ear was hurting, and I could barely swallow. Well, I could barely even open my mouth, that's how swollen the glands were. I think I had a temperature of around 103, so obviously I eventually went to the ER. Over the next couple of weeks or so I had to stay at my mamow and papow's house (that's grandmother and grandfather, for those who don't know. ;)). I eventually got better... slowly and when school started I had to miss a week each month for about 4 months because I'd keep getting strep throat for apparently no reason. I eventually got my tonsils out on December 13 (my sister's birthday) and I've felt so much better since. I do occasionally get slight cases of strep throat every couple of years or so, but nothing anywhere near as bad as the first time.

More French. :) And possibly Spanish.

I'd say one that helps people barely getting by recieve food and clothes and such.

Yeah, I've written quite a few poems. I mainly seem to write, what I call, random thoughts. Those thoughts in your head that are either only one or two lines long, or a whole page. There have a lot of times where I'd think about something so much that I'd get a pen and paper out and just start writing whatever comes to my head. I wrote one a while ago about selfish people, another about people wanting to commit suicide and another just about writing in general. Since I wrote them as a thought, the pages are kinda messy and have a lot of spelling and grammar errors. That probably doesn't matter though. :P

I'm not sure really. In a way I'm sort of skeptical about that sort of stuff, but in a way I'm not. It's hard to explain.

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #6
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

I think when i was about 5 i had german measles, im lucky, i just dont get sick. I do suffer from bad headaches thou.

I already know Polish, Norwegian and French. But when i went to Morroco i realised id really would love to speak Arabic.

Id work for the RSPCA - Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals, the reason for this would be because animals cant speak up for themselves when they are in pain, and that just 'gets me'

Nope, but i do intend to write something, when im older about my life experiences.

Dont know, ive never been really intested in spacey stuff.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

well the peace corps is basically people who volunteer to go to underdeveloped countries to help teach people about health, technology, agriculture, education. it started back in the 60's, here is a link to the website:
http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm
it's funny, because i always feel that i come across as kind of apathetic because i am not generally an overly emotional person, but i have always wanted to do something like that.
i think it was the slogan they had when i was growing up:
The Peace Corps is the toughest job you'll ever love.

so who knows, maybe someday! :dunno:

Andrea

Old 07-22-2005, 07:17 AM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:

In the summer of '97 when I had really bad strep throat. I pretty much just woke up one morning and the right side of my neck near my throat was hurting and that gland was swollen really bad. The pain was so bad that my ear was hurting, and I could barely swallow. Well, I could barely even open my mouth, that's how swollen the glands were. I think I had a temperature of around 103, so obviously I eventually went to the ER. Over the next couple of weeks or so I had to stay at my mamow and papow's house (that's grandmother and grandfather, for those who don't know. ;)). I eventually got better... slowly and when school started I had to miss a week each month for about 4 months because I'd keep getting strep throat for apparently no reason. I eventually got my tonsils out on December 13 (my sister's birthday) and I've felt so much better since. I do occasionally get slight cases of strep throat every couple of years or so, but nothing anywhere near as bad as the first time.
My other half nearly died from that as a child. I have had it myself although not a severe case of it. I know how it is though. Not nice at all.

Quote:

Yeah, I've written quite a few poems. I mainly seem to write, what I call, random thoughts. Those thoughts in your head that are either only one or two lines long, or a whole page. There have a lot of times where I'd think about something so much that I'd get a pen and paper out and just start writing whatever comes to my head. I wrote one a while ago about selfish people, another about people wanting to commit suicide and another just about writing in general. Since I wrote them as a thought, the pages are kinda messy and have a lot of spelling and grammar errors. That probably doesn't matter though. :P

Well now that Andrea has started a Poetic thread, it would be nice to see some of your work! You won't be ridiculed here!

Thanks for answering. :)

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-22-2005, 07:19 AM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eibhlin@Jul 21 2005, 02:10 PM
well the peace corps is basically people who volunteer to go to underdeveloped countries to help teach people about health, technology, agriculture, education. it started back in the 60's, here is a link to the website:
http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm
it's funny, because i always feel that i come across as kind of apathetic because i am not generally an overly emotional person, but i have always wanted to do something like that.
i think it was the slogan they had when i was growing up:
The Peace Corps is the toughest job you'll ever love.

so who knows, maybe someday! :dunno:
Thanks Andrea. Had a look at it. It many ways, they do similar work to the Salvation Army in this part of the world. Peter (my fiance) used to help them out a lot. He never actually joined them (that was a religious thing though) but he would have like to if he could have. I would like to do something like that myself too.

Actually, it's not really like the Salvation Army. They focus on homeless people but the same empathy and help is there.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-22-2005, 07:24 AM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bluediamond@Jul 21 2005, 10:23 AM

FIRST OFF - You actually answered a POY thread!!!!!! I feel so privileged!

Quote:

I think when i was about 5 i had german measles, im lucky, i just dont get sick. I do suffer from bad headaches thou.
I had the German measles in may when I made my first holy communion. I ws 7. All the photos of me making my communion clearly show the measles. It was horrible. Because it was May, it was really warm and I couldn't go outside and had to cover up. You might not know this but I suffer from severe migraine so I know what you mean about headaches too.

Quote:

I already know Polish, Norwegian and French. But when i went to Morroco i realised id really would love to speak Arabic.
You surprise me more and more each day Dave! I didn't know you knew those languages. I just have conversational French that is a lot worse than it used to be. Writing French....totally different kettle of fish. Brutal is the best word to describe my abilities in that respect.

Quote:

Nope, but i do intend to write something, when im older about my life experiences.
Ok you have walked into this one!! What do you mean 'when' you're older. Surely at this stage there isn't much time left. Get writing grandad :lol:

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-22-2005, 08:44 AM   #11
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

lmao Kiera
have you been taking lessons from Andrea's school of oldophobia ?

yeah actually im not really answering those things but hey.... :wacko:

:lalala:
Dave
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 PM   #12
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

well dave, she had to learn from one of the Masters of Teasing Dave, she will be receiving her diploma very soon, perhaps even graduating Magna Cum Laude...
she is an apt pupil!

lol!

Andrea

Old 07-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
Little Bird
Administrator

To blow my own trumpet here...it comes naturally and Dave...you make it very easy for me.

Anywho..... :lalala:

MysteriousWisdom
Old 07-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #14
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

What is the sickest you have ever been
I'm one of those rare people that hardly ever gets ill...which is why my future fate is written with a pitchfork on water, with a gastly horrid vile slow death! :lol: ....anyway all i can think of right now is chicken pox!? :wacko:

What other language would you love to learn (that you don't know already
i only know the basics of German, but would love to learn more of that! also i'm off to Russia in 2 years time to the great city of Volgagrad which was once called 'Stalingrad' a famous WWII battle ground city!!! so i'm gonna train up on me Russian very soon i hope

If you had the opportunity to work full time for a charity, what one would it be and why
Definatly raising money for the Hospice because they do a wonderful job for the people in there and under such difficulties.Also cancer research Reason being because my Grandma & Grandpa Rizzi both died from cancer, whilst in a very nice hospice

Have you ever written a poem/song/book
Only ever written one song...cant even remember what it was called!? but i do know it was for my mates Death Metal band called 'All Life Ends' bit naff aint it :P that was years ago tho

Do you believe the moon can affect peoples moods
In a way i do....prolly where the Werewolf thing came from!? made the odd people lose it maybe who knows...and then romours spread and so on, lol what the hell am i jibbering on about :P seriously tho its like some say the weather effects your feelings and energy towards everyday life etc...
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:28 PM   #15
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Veilingmeat@Jul 22 2005, 02:33 PM
What is the sickest you have ever been
I'm one of those rare people that hardly ever gets ill...which is why my future fate is written with a pitchfork on water, with a gastly horrid vile slow death! :lol: ....anyway all i can think of right now is chicken pox!? :wacko:
And funny you should say that. Just got a phone call from my sister saying my niece (who was to stay with me on Sat night) has chicken pox. I can't look after her as my fiance Peter has never had chicken pox so I don't want him to get it. It's very dangerous for adults. He's the same as you Marc...has what he affectionately calls a 'Super Cool Immune System'. Never gets sick. Ever since he nearly died with strp throat and some other illness he doesn't remember the name of when he was a child, his immune system has been excellent since.

Lucky b*&(&")$s

MysteriousWisdom