The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-25-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points
Thumbs up JKSM (Jewel Kilcher Signature Model) Taylor Guitar

Hi everyone,i am a newcomer to this remarkable Jewel forum,congrats to all involved with it,keep up the good work!
I would basically like to hear from anyone on the forum who,like myself,owns a JKSM Taylor guitar,especially anybody else in the UK.
I am in love with mine,and i will never part with it,it's my prize posession in life,it's the ultimate Jewel collectors item and i feel privaliged to own one.
I have number 667 out of the supposed 700 made,there were meant to be 1000,but they ran out of the beautiful Nigerian Satinwood,and had to limit the production,so they are super rare.
You can see Jewel playing hers on the 'Live at Humphrey's' DVD,she also uses other Taylors in the DVD.
Please contact me with your opinions on this fine guitar,i think it's absolutely stunning,just like Jewel herself!!!
Cheers Crawfy!!!
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I don't have one but I am reeling with utter jealously *drool*

It would be a dream come true to own one. There was a member here who had one and she had to sell it unfortunately. Would have gladly bought it if I had the money. But sadly didn't.

You're very lucky to own one.

(oh and thanks for the lovely comments!)
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
guitargirl
Members

guitargirl Between 10 and 49 points

I don't have one but I've got a Takamine which looks like a Taylor she plays

Here she is: http://people.freenet.de/Jewelpage/IMG_4172.JPG

(I got Jewel watching over my bed The orange pieces are some Jewel lyrics of course )

Last edited by guitargirl; 08-25-2006 at 01:07 PM.
guitargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #4
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Default JKSM Taylor

Hi,thanks for your nice reply.Yes it's a dream item for me to own too.
I had it sent from Michigan,which is relevant since Jewel lived there for a spell when she was around 16 years old,i think,so that was a nice coincidence.
I unfortunately got stung at customs,and i had to pay another £128 duty on top of the $125 postage to the UK, still it was worth every penny,well every dollar,whatever,it's superb,unfortunately i'm a pretty average guitar player,but i still get loads of pleasure from it,and i think it will encourage me to be a much better player in the future.
Look forward to hearing from any other owners,hopefully.
Cheers Crawfy !!!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #5
Little Bird
Administrator

I am self confessed bad guitar player. I have a Fender Acoustic DG-3 and I have very good intentions but I do make any guitar music sound dreadful. I would spend a lot more on a better guitar if I figured my playing would do it justice. It would be such a waste of a good guitar for it not to be played properly.

But if I did Have the JKSM, I would get proper lessons and be brilliant at it...promise!

But God loves a tryer.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Guitar girl - That is a beautiful guitar!!!

Very lucky too!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #7
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Default Guitar Girl & Little Bird Cool Giutars!

Hi,thanks for posting pictures of your excellent guitars,it's nice to know we are all trying our best to be decent players.
It's hard to find time to practice,but i do try to play nearly every day,whether it's for 5 mins or a couple of hours.
I will take a photo of my JKSM and try to post it tomorrow.
Did you all notice that Jewel has been playing a Cut/away style JKSM in the Good Day video,and also on the Bill Maher Fishbowl show,i wonder if Taylor have made her a one-off guitar. The wood is different from the original model,but it has the Yellowheart signature on the neck.
Cheers everyone for your replies.Crawfy !!!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:13 AM   #8
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

I am a guitar-player wannabe!! (does that count??)

One of these days I'm gonna get one and teach myself (or TRY to teach myself, that is!). Then I can ask you guys all kinds of questions. I'm a musician already and can read music no problem. I've played the clarinet since I was 7 (I'll be 30 this year), and went to college on a music performance scholarship. I am musically wise enough to know though, that just because I can play ONE instrument doesn't mean I can play another...especially one completely different!! I can sing pretty well too...though I'm scared to death to sing in front of others. One of these days I'm determined to be strumming and singing to my heart's content!!!

Here's some pics of Jewel with her guitar...thought I'd share them. (I love the sparklies around the edges...pretty cool!)

Last edited by DreamsLast; 08-26-2006 at 01:16 AM.
DreamsLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:31 AM   #9
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Default Jksm

Hi,nice pics of Jewel with one of her many guitars.This one pictured is not her Taylor signature JKSM model,but it's a stunning Taylor regardless.The sparkly bindings & edging are made of 'Mother of Pearl' which looks amazing.
I think this guitar is the one she uses in the 'Live At Humphrey's' DVD along with her JKSM.
The JKSM has Tortoise Shell bindings,which is cool looking,but it's the Nigerian Satinwood on the rear and sides that do it for me,it makes it so different.Also it features Gold Grover tuners,very 'bling'.
Hopefully you will learn to have a good old strum on the guitar,it's very relaxing to have a half-hour playing it after a day's work,a good chill-out !Cheers Crawfy.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #10
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

Here's the backside of the guitar....

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Crawfy!!! Now I've just got to go get me one!!! What do you recommend as a good 'starter' guitar?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:39 AM   #11
JKDMan
JKF Member

JKDMan Between 10 and 49 points

I've recently been "inspired" to take up playing the guitar again. I'm buying an acoustic next week. It would be sweet to have one of those JKSM Taylor guitars...maybe one day.
JKDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #12
guitargirl
Members

guitargirl Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsLastSoLong View Post
I can sing pretty well too...though I'm scared to death to sing in front of others. One of these days I'm determined to be strumming and singing to my heart's content!!!
I could never do that as well. But I recorded some of my songs and some people already said that they like it, but I'm not convinced of it
guitargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:34 PM   #13
Little Bird
Administrator

Thanks for showing that Christie. That is my alltime favourite guitar in the world. I remember saying that when I first saw Jewel playing it on Unplugged. It was just beautiful and I have never seen a nicer guitar since.

I would love, more than any other guitar, to have one identical to that. Hell, just give me Jewel's one.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #14
simescan
JKF Member

simescan Between 10 and 49 points

It's always been a dream of mine to own a Taylor guitar. I have three guitars now, but Taylors are quite expensive up here in my neck of the woods.....maybe some day I'll own one :-(
simescan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #15
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Man, I used to have an electric guitar and amp and everything, but I gave it away to my friends sister when I left home... I wish I had kept it now, but honestly I'd rather have an acoustic. I really want to stat playing again. Although at the time I was taking lessons, I hated them b/c my fingers hurt so bad Now it would be worth it to play Jewel songs

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote