The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #1
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

to start this transition into the whole making display icons and such, i thought about taking my first approach to this as requests :clapjoy: ......sending a jewel image u want to have....message on it....image size no larger than 100pixels etc....

one thing i just noticed though is that aol messenger has restrictions on size only up to 64x64pixels which is sad....so do i create them all 64 pixels.....make one version 100 pixels and the next 64 pixels....or just don't support aol @ ALL? hmmm.....

anyways, for awhile there i was gonna submit one to MR.CC as i noticed he didn't have one, but it looks like he does now. i'm waiting for justin's big display pic coming soon.....but if u do have requests, as long as u can point out a jewel image by sending it or giving me ways of finding it, i'll see what i can do.......... -later
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:15 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Are you talking about avatars? I have the default set to 100x100 but I can increase that if there was enough call for it....within reason of course.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
michaelsjewel
Member's

yes avatars.......i think the size of it is fine...i was just asking if anyone had any requests for an avatar..... and if they think i should even support aol messenger since that only allows a max of 64 pixels...lol...aol makes everything bad
Old 02-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
michaelsjewel
Member's

k....i've took the privelage of working on this ...avatar thing and uploaded 5 to kick them off on my site....gotta love it :)

Michael's Jewel Avatars

like them so far?...and which is your favorite?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:12 AM   #5
Intrepid Prez
Members

Intrepid Prez Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
I have the default set to 100x100 but I can increase that if there was enough call for it.
Hey Kiera... I found it !!!

Yeah... my Shakira pic... with the ALIVE and DEMONICLY POSSESSED WILD HAIR.

So... seeing as you're responsible for losing my original avatar,
it's only fit and proper for you to increase the size to:

height=150
width=100

Yeah... any smaller than that and my avatar simply doesn't work.

And anyway... increasing the height doesn't affect space much...
it's the width that takes up practical usable space.

Easy...

__________________________________________________ __________________
Intrepid Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:09 AM   #6
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Those are good Michael. I like the 3rd one the best. :)
Just out of curiosity, but what program(s) do you use to make graphics and such?

"I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
"
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:35 AM   #7
michaelsjewel
Member's

i use adobe photoshop...for a few months now.....with also the aide of MICROGRAPHix picture publisher 8 which i've been using since the beginning of the michaelsjewel site, so i'll never let it go. it does some things easier than photoshop, and photoshop does other things more nicely..... they complement eachother....
Old 02-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

I used photoshop for mine too. I use that for most things. Though if I was really clear lines, I use Illustrator.

Michael those are great!

Quote:
Originally posted by "intrepid prez"
So... seeing as you're responsible for losing my original avatar,
Yes. Me :rolleyes:

Quote:
it's only fit and proper for you to increase the size to:
height=150
width=100
Ya know, only for you...I'll make a compromise. I will make it 125 X 125. Any bigger and I think they'll take up the page. Gotta think of those on dial-up remember!

MysteriousWisdom
Old 02-09-2005, 09:53 AM   #9
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Talking of users on dialup

It may be worth asking members if they have a problem (slowness) with the background loading and also the header. If its too slow then i can remove it. Im spoilt here at work as i have T3 so appologies if i rushed into the graphics.

Dave

ps, micheal, what version on photoshop do you use? and do you use macromedia flash ?
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bluediamond@Feb 9 2005, 10:53 AM
Talking of users on dialup

It may be worth asking members if they have a problem (slowness) with the background loading and also the header. If its too slow then i can remove it. Im spoilt here at work as i have T3 so appologies if i rushed into the graphics.

Dave

ps, micheal, what version on photoshop do you use? and do you use macromedia flash ?
Look here mate...we don't need the likes of you shoing off with your fancy fast connection. You'll only be returned with resentment and jealously and I for one, don't like my jealous face. It gets all scrunchy and that just isnt a pretty picture.

What was I talking about :huh:

MysteriousWisdom
Old 02-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #11
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Fancy internet connections? My cable modem service was 1500up / 128down when I signed up for $40 a month. They just recently upped our service to 4000up / 256down for the same price. Not only that but I called to tell them I was thinking of switching to another provider and they took $15 a month off for the next 6 months. Why would I ever pay someone like Earthlink or AOL $20-$30 a month for a 56k dialup service? I can hear you crying when I say that I ONLY get about 2000mbp downloads.

Of course I send still send them $80 a month total for digital cable and internet combined, but life is good. :D
Old 02-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
michaelsjewel
Member's

lol....photoshop CS...it's in the adobe creative suite premium edition....i just got it back in...august of 2004 and no i don't have flash, though i think it'd be kewl....

i like the background and all for this forum, but i'm using 1400x1050 resolution (hence why my backgrounds are that large now on my site b/c they shrink to 800x600 very easily b/c of they are proportional....) but the image shows two images on the background....u cannot really see the background of her face anyways....if i were you, i'd just leave it blue....or something like, her NAME in text would be good enough.

i have a T3 line thanks to being on the UNL (university network) and that's somewhat of the reason why i'm moving towards the -fast paced website as i have now. any suggestions for a song that u want to play on my main page that i have jupiter(remix) playing on now.... i was thinking of becoming...or something very unreleased....lol :omg: even i can turn something intro promotion B) :blink: :mooner: by the way...my interenet connection is free as it's into my tuition...aka...my expensive intuition. i was just @ the official jewel site and watched the CHANNEL ONE Concert...i really liked that concert, her voice was excellent throughout and even the intuition acoustic version was awesome..... - i'd recommend watching it! even the interviews and such - gotta find something i haven't seen of jewel....i guess that was it for the week...lol
Old 02-09-2005, 06:16 PM   #13
michaelsjewel
Member's

hey, i just got done working on my latest MICHAELSJEWEL development another jewel wallpaper....it's really hard to think of content wise - but working on uploading all those jewel images takes tons of ****** time if u ask me...lol

so, i was finding a jewel image i thought would look....well....GHETTO and 70's all @ once.... jewel's new hairdo (though i think it is quite tasteless) and with reaction to it, the bright colors of the 70's....i don't have it uploaded online as of yet as i'm heading to class, but i'll post it later - we're talking lots of color! something very risky for michaelsjewel.com!!!!! but it's a really high quality image and i'm sure you'll all fall in love with it..... hey intrepid...this is my tribute to your jewel hair contest...though not my entry...so don't yell @ me yet... (sites promoting sites that promote other sites to promote their own site) gotta love this sweetness! :mooner: you've got to admit it though prince, nothing comes more silly than GWEN STEFANI's latest japan-like hairdo's....now see jewel wearing that....let's just say i couldn't keep down a meal it'd be that funny and scary @ the same time...lol :muhaha:
Old 02-09-2005, 11:33 PM   #14
Intrepid Prez
Members

Intrepid Prez Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Ya know, only for you...I'll make a compromise. I will make it 125 X 125.
No... that's no good. My Shakira avatar is oblong... it looks all wrong
as a square. It's gotta be 150 height x 100 width !!! And even that is heaps
smaller than I'd like it to be... so I've already compromised.

Loading time ain't much... heaps of larger file have been posted here.

Look Kiera, I know that you're absolutely delighted to finally get a chance
to abuse your SUPER-POWERS... but it's blatant discrimination not to let me
use my Shakira avatar.

If I don't get to use my avatar then I'll... I'll... well, I swear I'll
never say anything good about 0304 ever again.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Intrepid Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:53 AM   #15
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

I say you drop the size of the avatars to about 4x4. Justin's just a trouble maker from down under. And while you are at it make sure he can only post up to two syllable words and can't send PM's. :P