The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Poll: is change a good thing?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
is change a good thing?

Old 03-03-2005, 04:34 AM   #16
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes@Mar 2 2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah Mike, I usually don't mind debates, but after almost 2 years of having to put up with the same old crap, it gets very old very quickly. And it's not the people joking around that bothers me, but the people who are obviously serious about what they say. We know all too well how people feel about it by now and as Jewelluvr said, some like 0304, some don't. It's just a dfference in opinion.

Back on topic though, the more I think about it, the more I realize that appearance really isn't that important. You can't tell how a person thinks or acts just by looking at their clothes and hair. I've known some guys who wore the skater or punk look, and none of them would ever intentionally hurt people. If Jewel wants to experiment with her hair, clothes or make up, then let her. It's her decision and I wouldn't want her to do something just to keep her fans happy. If you were in her place, who would you put first? Yourself, or your fans?
Well put.

I just hope the next album comes out and blows everybody away at how good it is. I really don't care if it's a commercial flop or if the critics hate it. I want to hear it either way.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 AM   #17
michaelsjewel
Member's

michaelsjewel Between 10 and 49 points

NEW NEW NEW....ASPCJ reports jewel's next album is going to be another pop album titled "0506" with the first single being "INTUITION pt. 2"

well...guess that was something that oddly popped into my head AS THAT IS FALSE NEWS... :muhaha: lol - i just hope she picks a better tilte this time ...0304's title was tragic and quite odd!
michaelsjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #18
folderol and
Members

folderol and Between 10 and 49 points

0506...that would be just a terrible album title. I wonder "Intuition pt. 2" would sound like. :rolleyes: Maybe 0304 was an "odd" album title, but not in a good way. To me, it just seemed a...shallow, if you will, album title.
folderol and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #19
michaelsjewel
Member's

i agree with you...she didn't put much thought into it.....if it was to coincide with a music trend...it should've been titled "9899 revisited" since pop was more popular back in 1998-99..... i don't know what else you could call it though...unless you chose album titles...i would've chose....um.... BECOMING as jewel's music style continuously changes between albums - and it is her love song to herself - i just really like that song - i think that song could've been on spirit or this way without any hesitation!

lol.....the intuition part 2 was a parody remark to destiny's childs' INDEPENDANT WOMEN pt. 1 and part 2......i can't remember if both were singles, but i do know i thought it was cheesy!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #20
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Guys, can we PLEASE get off of 0304 already? I'm tempted to just start a new thread. :rolleyes:

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #21
michaelsjewel
Member's

lol...yah...i'm getting sick of people bashing it....lol
Old 03-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #22
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Yes let's please get off the topic of 0304..
I think Jewel will hopefully change her hair for her next album shoot..
I really do like jewel n omatter how she looks her music will always be the best..
I love how she never went with what was cool and hip and stayed true to herself even with 0304...
0304 could of been jewel singing like Ashanti or Beyonce could you imagine what a disater.. It could of been like Britney's In the zone album.
It could of been a techno album which I might of enjoyed but it could get worse her voice could of been like computerized the entire album..
Just be happy 0304 was how it was and not any worse
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:37 PM   #23
michaelsjewel
Member's

hmmm...i liked britney's in the zone....... :o
Old 03-04-2005, 07:46 PM   #24
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points

Yeah but Jewel singing music like that that would of been a disater..
There is no doubt in my mind Jewel could pull it off
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #25
michaelsjewel
Member's

yah...it would not be a good move - anyone notice how b/c lester was a ...um....latin kinda themed guy....0304 sorta has that feel to it pop wise - scary! lol -
Old 03-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #26
MrCC
JKF Member

Hey, I've said it before I like 0304. It's not my favorite, but it's OK. I have nothing to add, but actually just wanted to test out the new smilie. :stupid:
Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 AM   #27
michaelsjewel
Member's

k...that's not a very nice smiley.... i feel invaded of my comfort level of smilies....
Old 03-05-2005, 06:53 AM   #28
MrCC
JKF Member

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelsjewel@Mar 4 2005, 11:03 PM
k...that's not a very nice smiley.... i feel invaded of my comfort level of smilies....
Don't take it personal. I was just testing and you happened to be standing on top. ;) :P :lovejkf: B) :clapjoy:
Old 03-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #29
michaelsjewel
Member's

whatever...that's what they all say!
:rolleyes:

hey mr. cc...don't you have a massive jewel links page? please post the link - i lost it somewhere :blink: i'd love to post it on my new JEWEL LINKS links section :)

by the way.... Michael's Jewel will be Celebrity Link's CELEBRITY SITE OF THE DAY this March 12th, 2005! Mark your calendars and celebrate - maybe some new content for that specific day to honor the visitors for making this possible....what do you want that i possibly could make happen.... more wallpapers? some more videos? tell me!!!!!!

also note...what better way to be a monopoly of all jewel sites than to be featured as celebrity link of the day...well.... i guess it's not that special - i despise celebrity's pop ups - thank goodness for IE sp2 pop up blocker!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #30
batsocks
Members

Location: in a shoebox under the stairs with all my grandmas jet buttons
batsocks Between 10 and 49 points

i agree with Mrcc, whatever she looks like or sounds like its still jewel underneath.i did prefer her back in the day when she was all natural though.

i tend to think of change as a bad thing usually (i get scared and run the other way :shock: )

but sometimes its nice to experiment, to move forward and not just get stuck churning out the same old thing over and over.
for example look at the metallica s&m thing. who`d have thought that would have worked! i know some dislike it but personally its my fave album.
anyway,i`m looking forward to the next album i hope it kicks major booty. :mooner: