The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points
Default Should i buy VIP tickets or not...?

Hi guy's ang girls,sorry i have not been posting for a while,i still log on regularly though to check out the Jewel news etc.
I am looking for some feedback from anyone on the forum who has ever did the VIP Meet & Greet ticket thing at a Jewel concert.
I am travelling from Glasgow,Scotland at the end of October to Orlando,Florida to stay for a week,i am going to buy a ticket for the 4th of November show at Sarasota but i am now considering getting a VIP ticket,i never knew they existed until i saw them on Jewels website.
I would love to hear of some experiences from fans who have done this please.
Do you have long with Jewel?
Is she able to sign a couple of personal items for you?
Do you meet her before or after the show?
Any help would be welcome,thanks.

I am so excited about having the chance to see her 'live' at all,but to actually meet her would be mind blowing.

Cheers Crawfy !
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #2
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

They sort of shuffle you all through, you get a photo with her taken (with their amera). There's not really time for signing or anything. If you win the Almost Famous, that's totally worth it.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Thanks for the info,i am trying to decide whether to go for the VIP or not.
My brother was willing to come with me to the concert but it says your seat position can not be stated when buying the VIP but they will give you the best seat available but my brother would want to sit with me but not buy a VIP ticket,not too sure how that will work.
Obviously i would be ecstatic to actually meet Jewel but i would be delighted to have a decent seat near the front with my brother and enjoy the concert.
Do you know if you meet her before or after the show?
Have you met Jewel by getting a VIP ticket at a show?
Thanks again for your help.

Cheers Crawfy !!!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

You meet before the show. I still don't know that the extra money was worth it. I think you'd be better off to buy tix with your brother and then have him enter the Almost Famous contest (and you should enter, too, of course!).
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi guy's and girls,i have bitten the bullet and ordered my VIP Meet & Greet $250 Jewel ticket for the Sarasota gig on the 4th of November....WOW,i cant believe it,i never even thought i would ever get a chance to see Jewel 'live' in concert never mind meet her and be photographed with her.
I am flying from Scotland to Florida to see her in concert and it is going to be an amazing experience for me,something i will never forget !!!
Any other VIP stories would be welcomed from other forum members,thanks.

Cheers Crawfy !
Old 10-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #6
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

It's worth it, I've done it 3 times. The third time was absolutely the best.

The first 2 times were in Saratoga (CA). The first thing we did was get a backstage tour from Jewel's "assistant" who travels with her. Backstage is not glamorous by any means. Then we gave our items for signing (some people brought guitars, others CD covers... and everything in between. I've had a T-shirt signed, another time was a CD). She didn't sign it in front of us, but when she came out to greet us all, we got our stuff. We then lined up and got shuffled through for the photos, which we later downloaded online. We literally said hi to her and got the photo taken; it must have been 15 seconds. Yet for some reason, it felt all worth it, because we at least got to meet her in person and be in the presence of a talented, beautiful singer. As for seating, the first time I was in like row 7; the second time was the front row, pretty close to center (the true front row center is for the VIPs who have season memberships at the winery).

But my third VIP experience, which was at the Warfield in San Francisco just a couple of months ago, was a totally different experience. There only 10 of us (maybe it's the economy?), so the experience was truly a VIP experience. We toured the backstage once again, and then we were taken to a small room where Jewel would meet us. There was water, some food, etc., for us "VIPs." We sat around on the couch, chatted amongst ourselves, etc., and then she came in! We all chatted with her (we all felt shy, yet so privileged), and then we took turns shaking her hand, getting her autograph in person, and getting the photo taken with her. She signed pretty much anything we gave her (see another thread on the autographed photos). Her hand was soft and smooth. Her voice was captivating. And she had an intoxicating glow to her (OK, I'm not a stalker, just in awe of her being in front of me). It was truly a wonderful experience.

So yes, do the VIP thing!

And tell her to log into this forum some time, and say hi to everyone.
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points

Wow Crawfy, that's so cool! Maybe someday when I can afford it I may go across the Atlantic to see her as god knows it doesn't look like she'll ever make it this side of the pond. Best of luck and as always, let us know how you get on!

"You thought I didn't notice the skin on your teeth had a tear."
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi Webbed.......thanks very much for the detailed info on your previous VIP meetings,it sounds like your last one was certainly the best...thats the kind of experience i am hoping for,hopefully there will only be a small number of VIP ticket holders for the Sarasota gig.
Did you pick your ticket up on the night of the gig as my t-shirt and signed CD has been sent but there is no ticket there?
I am really hoping to get a good seat close to the front of the stage like you had.
Could you tell me approx what time you had to be there for the Meet & Greet as i have not had that info as yet?
I know the show is on around 8pm so i would guess it would be about 7pm possibly.
I am hoping to have a minute or two to talk to Jewel,it would make my journey so worthwhile since i am travelling from the UK to Florida.
I will not be able to take my Jewel guitar over but i hope she will sign my Jewel Taylor Signature Certificate of Authenticity card for my guitar and also my leather strap,its a tan colour so a black pen would show up well on it,that would be cool.
I will also give the JKF a mention to her and ask her when (or if) she is planning a trip to the UK or even Europe to play some 'live' shows.
I will keep everyone posted and thanks again for sharing your experience,you have really got me in the mood for it now....!!!!

Cheers Crawfy !
Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

I'll be at that VIP with you Crawfy! There will be 2 JKF members in attendance!! Woo hoo!

All of the information should have been emailed to you from Whitney. She just sent another email the other day with all the detailed information we need for Wed night. Be sure to print that out to take with you. I got the Tshirt & autographed CD in the mail already....I'm guessing they will be giving us the live concert CD at the M&G that night.

I'm trying to figure out what to have Jewel sign too, what will I say to her, what will I wear?? I'm nervous & excited to finally meet her after all these years of being a fan! I can't wait - it is the chance of a lifetime!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Default JEWEL Sarasota Pics !

Hi Christie,it was lovely to meet you and John on Wed...what an amazing experience we had eh? I am back home in Scotland now but i'm still on cloud nine i think,it was all over so quickly,i even forgot to give Jewel a present i had brought over for her,i also forgot to mention to her that i had came from the UK to see her and also that i owned one of her Signature Taylor guitars,i just crumbled and went to pieces i reckon.
All the planning and thinking about how to deal with such a fantastic opportunity goes right out of the window when Jewel walked into the room,she was absolutely stunning in person,beautiful,she totally blew me away,what a lovely person also,i was star-struck for sure.
The show was truely awesome,her voice was beautiful and she was so intimate & confident with the crowd,she is an amzazing 'live' performer,she certainly did not dissapoint,i just wish she could have sung for another hour or two....ha ha !
Hope you and John enjoyed it as much as i did and thanks again for keeping me company at the VIP experience it was nice to share the night with a couple of friendly faces.
Here is a picture of you and i at the VIP room and also a pic of Jewel's dressing room.
I will add my picture of me with Jewel later or check it out on the 'Meet & Greet' section on the Jewel website.

Take care,Crawfy XX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10666.jpg (84.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10661.jpg (81.7 KB, 5 views)