The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points
Default e-passporte

My wife has an e-passporte account. https://www.epassporte.com/

We have been having nothing but trouble with this company since they 'blocked' my wifes account when she tried to use her card in Russia (even though we had told them that she was going to visit her parents)!

They blocked the card while she was in Russia which caused her a lot of problems, not having access to HER own money and being stranded and not having enough money to get back to where she was staying.

When i called e-passporte they said that because the card had been used "in a restricted country" the card is automatically blocked and they asked my wife to simply call them! ......from Russia.....hmm.

After Inga came back we have tried to call e-passporte to explain that she wants her money and it has been 4 weeks, maybe 10 emails and hours on the phone, only for them to say "sorry we need you to send copies of utility bill, passports etc" all over again.

We are so angry, and even though we emailed all the documents, we simply get an email back saying "thank you for using e-passporte, your documents will take upto 7 working days to process and only then can we unblock the account.

It is totally wrong that they should be virtually 'stealing' and keeping HER money even though we have provided all the relevant information. I called the ombudsman here in the UK about this company but unfortunatly they cannot deal with this as the company is an American company.

Do any of our American members have any experience of e-passporte and do they have details or an contact who we can call to make a complaint, and thereafter request Inga gets access to her money + interest for 1 month of complete and utter hassle.

Hope someone can help.

Dave.
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I have heard about this company a few times now and none of it was good. Basically, all I've heard is problems with this company.

I recommend when you get this all sorted, to cancel the account altogether! It just seems like horror story after horror story. They sound like a scam company based on the stories I've heard.

Not sure what phone number you have but the US one I found online is +1-310-301-2001
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

I'd also report them to the Better Business Bureau
Old 08-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Aye..Name and Shame the damn sods for all there unduly doings to you...makes you wonder how many other times they've fobbed off ppl with cash!? we are in a money grabbing world these days........чертовски хороший долбаный gits its unjustifiable that companies these days get away with keeping money thats yours or owed to you!!!!
....eer anyway, shamefully i cannot give any advice (obviously) except for just being mad at them.
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
bluediamond
Administrator

Thank you all for your help and advise about epassporte.
Latest News!...............................still nothing from them, not even an email to say they are dealing with unblocking Inga's account.

Perhaps we should have a name and shame of companies Thread dedicated so that members can 'air their views' and hopefully protect and support eachother.

Kiera as soon as we get the account unblocked we are going to cancel that account.

Thanks Again

Dave.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
bluediamond
Administrator

Ok, just to finish off this thread.

Yesterday we called 'the theiving barstaff! ' again and threatened them with legal action if they did not unblock the account. 2 hours later they sent an email asking us 'to forgive them' LMAO

they unblocked the account and sent a long email explaining thier procedures but the bottom line was DEFEAT for them and a VICTORY for the common man.

I was really proud of Inga because she did not resort to swearing at them down the phone but she shouted at them in a controlled way - enough to scare them into action. We used the legal action words and lawyer.

So, the outcome after 3 months is good, Inga has her account open and we have already transfered her money into a 'safe' account where we know we can get access to the money.

DO NOT USE EPASSPORTE!

thanks for all your responces.
lalalala
dave.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Hahaaaaaaa.....Dave i love it...give em a swift threat of a boot up the arse, hence legal actions...and they suckers come crawling glad you both got it sorted!
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

That's good to hear. Glad you managed to sort it out.
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote