The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
janej
JKF Member

janej Between 10 and 49 points
Default Unedited message boards - what happenned?

They said the Undedited message boards where to stay online but now the whole site is completely gone. WTF??
janej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

I was thinking the same thing. :-\

I never finished ripping all the media...forgot that march was coming so quickly.

It's funny, I got an e-mail on Saturday telling me to renew my membership... :P
Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

It's been gone for a few days, I don't know what's up. Luckily we have the JKF!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

I noticed today that if you go to Jeweljk.com, there's a link to the Unedited forums there.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

You guys have all beat me to it. LOL

I went to start a thread to update you all before I left work but got sidetracked. I asked about this to Jewel's management on 2nd March and was responded with a message that it was being worked on.

Basically, the message board was being made available from a dedicated URL. It would have needed to be split from the main fanclub and JewelJK was updated. It's available now.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
strengths.with.faults
Robbie

strengths.with.faults Between 0 and 10 points

is anyone here also a member there?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:23 AM   #7
cherryjewel
JKF Member

cherryjewel Between 0 and 10 points

According to the website, Unedited has been shut down. Here is the message on her site (this may have been posted somewhere else, but I didn't see it anywhere...then again, I've had a couple glasses of wine tonight so that may not be an accurate observation...sorry if it's a double post!)...

Also, it says that the forum on her site is now free.

This came from http://jewel.portals.musictoday.com/web/guest/login

"Dear Jewel Unedited members,
Effective March 1, 2007 Jewel Unedited has shut down. We appreciate everyone who supported Unedited over the past two years. You will be receiving a pro rated membership refund based on when you joined/renewed. For more information from the original announcment , please see below. The message boards will remain accessible after March 1.

If you have any questions that are not answered here, please email customerservice@jewelunedited.com.

Again, thank you for your support of Unedited, and see you on the message boards.

Thank you,
Jewel Unedited
customerservice@jewelunedited.com

Additional Details from Original Announcment of Fan Club Closing:

Effective March 1, 2007 Unedited will be closing.

Beginning February 1, 2007 we will not process any new or renewal memberships. All sections of the website will still be fully accessible until March 1, 2007, and the message boards will remain accessible after that date. We greatly appreciate everyone who supported Unedited over the past two years and want to thank everyone for their contributions to Jewel's official online community.

• You will be receiving a pro rated membership refund based on when you joined/renewed. You will be refunded for each full month of membership remaining as of March 1, 2007. For example if you have 6 FULL months of membership remaining as of March 1, 2007 you will be refunded ½ (50%) of your membership price.

• All outstanding 2006 Member kits will be mailed out as promised. To facilitate processing of your member kit please make sure your address info is both accurate and complete in your member profile.

• Previously placed ticket orders will not be affected and members can expect to receive their tickets on time per our ticket policy.

• VIP package orders are also not affected and will be fulfilled as promised.

In order to receive updates between now and March 1, please make sure you are signed up to receive Unedited emails or check back with the fan club for updated information. Members are responsible for updating their info with the fan club. This can be done at any time by clicking on the "Member Info" link after login.

If you have any questions that are not answered above, please email customerservice@jewelunedited.com.

Again, thanks for your support of Unedited.

Jewel Unedited
customerservice@jewelunedited.com"
cherryjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #8
cherryjewel
JKF Member

cherryjewel Between 0 and 10 points

Hey ya'll, I'm sorry...der...it's a sticky and I didn't even see it...I'm a dork! Sorry!
cherryjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:41 AM   #9
strengths.with.faults
Robbie

strengths.with.faults Between 0 and 10 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryjewel View Post
Hey ya'll, I'm sorry...der...it's a sticky and I didn't even see it...I'm a dork! Sorry!
its ok! lol ur not a dork. ur very informative lol
Old 03-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

At the end of the day, the relationship with Jewel's Management and MusicToday (nothing to do with Atlantic by the way) isn't tarnished because they still host the message board there and the Jewel Store will continue as normal from MusicToday's services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strengths.with.faults View Post
is anyone here also a member there?
I am but also, I am a moderator there but we actually have a lot of mutual members here and have new registrations since the announcement of Unedited members joining us as a result.

Cherryjewel. It was very good of you to post that as I don't think we had actually posted it previously. Which is unusual coz I normally do but anyway, thanks.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote