The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-14-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
ServeTheEgo
JKF Member

ServeTheEgo Between 0 and 10 points
Exclamation I'm going to go 2 personally see Jewel. I need your help!

Hey guys!
Long time no talk. Sorry, I am harldy ever on here. I am hardly on any Jewel sites but the fan site I run. Any who.
Read all of this and please tag a long. Some of you have already started. So thank you.

Read along if you have not already. Or read again incase you missed the whole thing to begin with. =)

Who wants to participate in a live gift that I will be personally handing to Jewel?

Some of u might remember my post last month about "send me your jewel poetry that jewel might like". I got some good feed back on that post in my email.
Thanks here's why I asked. And I have more to include.I am gong to see Jewel personally on the 25th. I need many participants asap.

The first thing I want to do is give her some "inspirations" that you may have--artwork, poetry, lyrics/songs, photographs, etc. So if there's something you'd like to share (like some of your paintings!), feel free to my space them to JayJ or email them to jayzdesignz4u@yahoo.com

The second thing I want to do is make a fan video, and the ideas I'm throwing around are to do a mix of a Jewel song with a popular dance:

Intuition & Electric Slide
Haunting & Thriller
Anything Goes & a Flapper-style dance
Rosey and Mick - To Line dancing

SO...this is another opportunity for you to show your dance moves (or other areas of talent) for those who might camera shy.
Get over it. I am too!
=)

Here is a better example: read carefully:

One of the things. I want to stress. is it doesn't have to be anything long.
For example: the video idea I have:

Say you guys agree on Thriller dance by Micheal Jackson for Haunting song by Jewel. The lyrics for thriller will be dubbed. and Jewel's haunted song will play.

I am ganna say like " the verse's to her song" would only be added by these lyrics - only for example:

( one of jewel's favs that she wrote).

Chorus-
"I just wanna get along
This is your song
I wrote it in my head
But the melody's all wrong
And it's driving me crazy
Not having u, baby
2 keep me company
In my own private world
You're my one true girl
And I won't be stoppin' Just 'cause your knees are knockin'
When I decide 2 drop in
So don't make a sound
'Cause there's no one around
2 come between us now
I'm gonna haunt u, girl"

thriller dance :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOvqNxKrSyk

or example 2:
Rosey and Mick - Line dance Verse & Chorus

to this line dance: u can dress up anyway u want to make it comical. For instance I am ganna dress up gangsta.
Verse-
"He said, "Rosey, you're too good a girl"
She let him in, he lifted up her dress
Like an apology began to kiss her breast
And he felt much relieved as the ceiling fan tapped out a broken melody"...

chorus-

"And she said, "Do you remember when we were younger and angry words were said,
Making up was always your favorite part
Well, I ain't young no more
And I'm sorry will not mend a broken heart."

to this line dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5f8CYyLBo

Keep in mind this will be edited. So the moves don't have to be prefect. it is going to go in sequence by each few words and fans. And it will only be a 3-5 video depending on song.

I'd like to stick with Haunted or Rosey and Mick. The video taping starts on Thurs after a few inputs and agreements for high count of song choice of the selection I just advised. Taping end on the 21 as Robby, myself, and Roy need to edit and prep for Jewel.

each word for example can be one dance move per person. so it would take u 5 min to watch Micheal Jacksons original Thriller video to learn the dance. When we all agree to a selected song as an open topic for - say 48 hours. I will give people their few words and step portion to work on for the video. U can be goofy. I seriously see it taking u 5 min out of Ur day to learn a quick few steps. That dance is not hard. not are the common ones I suggested to Robby to put out there..

I'd like to close with this. Every time, I give Jewel a gift when I see her. Some of u know this already.
She is obviously familiar with me, the fan site and the forum. So if your a familiar face please partake in this. people!!! it takes 5 min - to maybe an hour of this deadline to come up with moves to participated in goofy idea/ way. it would be fun. I am also not stealing ideas here. A few yrs ago as some of u have seen my Jay J's good day video that a friend helped w/ I gave to Jewel for her b-day or the Little sister video and then some. this is my own video idea that I want to muster up fans to help. I am having Robby, Ron from the "WORLD JEWEL FORUM" Roy another Jewel fan , Pattie from the fan site help in this. The more the better.

Bottom of the end here is that.
Jewel has a lot of things that inspires her. Like Music, Poetry, Cole Porter, Ella, Nina, composing, Horses, Alaska, TX her cowboy, family. fans video making, art work, and so on. I want her to see what her fans are capable of. We already know what she is capable of. I Have talked 2 family of hers that are participating. So what are u waiting for. Poems, The video idea, composing. Bring to the table what u want. But keep it relating to these ideas. Keep in mind Jewel also knows what she looks likes and sounds like so keep your art original. I already have 10 art clips of her from prior fans that I have added by consent. I will add what is appropriate and in short detail on a thumb drive for her to see and when I see her on the 25Th. I will hand her the thumb drive and express what we as fans did for her. Also know for a 100% fact this will be looked at by Jewel. As I know for a fact that she has looked at 12 of my prior thumb drive gifts I have done. This time I wanna include u all.

Sorry for the time frame. But I need poems / art / letters: no later than the 22nd. So if u have your poems, songs, composed stuff send it my way @ jayzdesignz4u@yahoo.com and I will thumb drive it. I already have a huge handle of poems and songs. So more is good too. I am being selective.

Hope you alparticipatete. If not. Well, not much to say than I tried.

peace, JayJ

another thing!
Relay questions to Pattie or myself. As Pattie will be handing this gift idea with me or if your a forum member to WJF ask the above listed names topic is located there too...
Old 07-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
ServeTheEgo
JKF Member

This is the latest update I posted on another forum. Thanks!
I hope some people join in on the fun.

Ok, so things are moving along just fine. Got some responses from the fan site peeps.
even a few have done videos. So it looks like it is rolling with the "Rosey and Mick" with "Good Times" Line dancing steps. I have 4 trailers already. 5 includung mine. Robby I will be sending this too u soon. I might wrap it up quicker. The fans that have particapated with the video already agreed that since Jewel is w/ the country scene to make it country. Roy is ganna do artsy fartsy stuff with it. If people here particapate. I will be airing the video here as well after Jewel gets the thumb drive.
I have selected 14 poems and 9 artistic things. Like drawlings of her and alsaka stuf and other things as well.
I forgot to mention Letters are fine to. But keep it short and sweet. Thanks a bunch!
Later guys!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I've made this a sticky thread to ensure everyone sees it. I'll put a notice in the marquee across the top about in a few mins.

I'm really not brave enough to do dancing for a video. I have no issue recording a little message to her as part of a big video of message from loads of other saying hello or something like that. I know she's received videos like that before and she enjoyed them.

Would love to see this take off though.

Come on everyone...get stuck in!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
ServeTheEgo
JKF Member

Videos are fine to you tube and send it my way. I am making a book / thumb drive called "Inspired fans bring there talent and hellos to you Jewel." something a long that effect. The more the better as far as people. I want all fans to get involved well as many as possible. Even if u do a goffy line dance or anyone for that matter. I want us to entertain her for a change. little bird! good to hear from you btw! JayJ
Old 07-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
ServeTheEgo
JKF Member

any video covers like piano and instruments are good. Singing and so on. Be creative. 6 days left til I wrap up the gift so to speak. Come on all. Really surprised only one person has commented and that both forums have not responded much. Let's show Jewel the love we talk about Creative videos like Roy's & like what u have on youtube are fine too. I have a few handfuls of stuff from my fan site. However, I thought it woold be sweet to include forums. up 2 u all! Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

By the way - is that by 22nd July? I better get something done tonight so.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

I send you a mail.
For al doubts...

"Can´t live without"

Wroten by Kari - TataInti

Have I ever spoke about hope?... I don´t think so

I know sadness is what make me sing

And it´s because we are passing through a hard time

I know times never were easy

When there wasn´t war, there was hunger

When there wasn´t water, there was despair

But what I wanted to say is that I still believe

*I still believe in hope

I believe in it cause here I am

And that´s more than a prove

No one can´t live without

Carry a little bit of hope

Just a tiny little bit of love*

Cause hope is love

I´m sure of that

For more stones there are in your way

Just love can mov them away

*Chorus

I know how people can break you down

But do not listen to them

They can´t make you fall

Cause as long as love within you survive

You will only say to them bye bye

Send them to nowhere, baby

There people just with S H I T inside

*Chorus

I know some said "Life is S H I T"

And I´d said it too if I´ll be like you

You can say it for a bad situation

Or because day treat you unkind

Cause we all want to live deep inside

We ´d rather laugh instead of cry

But life is like that

And we are the ones who must search the smile

*Chrous

Last edited by Sonne; 07-23-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #8
Sonne
Super JKF Member

I just fixxed the text, after sending it to your yahoo address and here I notice I din´t type all the letters jaja

Thank you!

Last edited by Sonne; 07-23-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
ServeTheEgo
JKF Member

Last Call everyone. I am only taking letters. music. art, poetry. and photos of u and Jewel. Please email no later than 3pm pacific standard time friday July 24th 2009. Thanks!
JayJ :bananadance:
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #10
killa
JKF Member

killa Between 0 and 10 points

diefy yourselves and your gods will become the truth
killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Sonne
Super JKF Member

What have happened with this project, Jay?