The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points
Default Happy Thoughts

Hi everyone. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Alli and I would like to get to know everyone a little bit better while keeping things happy and positive. I thought it might be fun for everybody to share something about themselves that they are really proud of. It can be anything from a physical attribute to something they have accomplished in life. You can keep it brief or you can make it elaborate. Feel free to add lots and lots of good things! I just need some happy vibes today!

PS if a thread like this already exists, sorry! I'm still kinda new here!

I'll start: I am very proud of the fact that I haven't always "taken the easy way out." I have made some hard choices that have scared the crap out of me but they ultimately shaped who I am today and have helped me fulfill my dreams. For examples: packing up and leaving all my friends and family to start a new life in Colorado, not following my boyfriend (of 8 years) when he moved out of state for Grad school, and not giving in to societal pressures to get married when I wasn't quite ready.

Aaaaaaand GO!
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Eibhlin Between 50 and 149 points

Right now I am very very hopeful that the deal I made with my friend Megan where I help take care of her horses in exchange for lessons and riding will work out...
So I am working on positive thinking here, not really one of my strong traits, but one I am trying to develop!

I'd like to call you my wild horse and feed you silver sage

Andrea

an eye for an eye makes the world blind
Eibhlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

that's awesome, I hope that works out for you too, even though I don't like horses! XD

Just don't get bit... it can hurt.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

what a great thread, let's see i'm glad of everything that has happened to me so far. It won't seem so great but everything happens for a reason is what I'm getting at. I dropped out of college because I was very depressed then I moved to Sioux Falls, the largest city in SOuth Dakota. I spent two of the worse years of my life there at first it was fine and I was working at walmart but I thought I was unhappy so I left and went to another job that made me want to die. Seriously I was very depressed I spent two weeks in bed. I quit and got behind on rent and worked dead end job one after another. I then got evicted from my apartment and moved back home again. Now since being home I've gotten a job I love. I've paid off all credit cards. I've gotten caught up on student loans and should have one paid off in 4 months time.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
awiste
Alli

Wow! Thats awesome! It definitely sucks to go through hard times but I agree that everything happens for a reason. What is it they say? "You can't appreciate the good times until you know what the bad times feel like" or something like that. Anyway, congratulations!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm030584 View Post
that's awesome, I hope that works out for you too, even though I don't like horses! XD

Just don't get bit... it can hurt.
a horse bites me, I bite back!
lol, well, we will see how it works, as long as I get to ride tons and tons I will work my butt off there!

Andrea

Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
Banned

007 Between 50 and 149 points

You all probably know me, heh! Call me Jones. And I am proud that I served and kept people safe at night here at home.

I'm also proud to be a member of this forum. This is supposed to be a happy thoughts thread, and I jsut want to reiterate that I'm damn proud to know each and every one of you, becase guess what, this is news to some: At the end of the day, we all share a common interest in the music, poetry, and humanity of thhe musical artist Jewel Kilcher. That's why I'm proud to be here.

Jones
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:44 PM   #8
awiste
Alli

Well put Jones!

I had a little two year old gelding bite me in my back when I was picking his hooves. I immediately made him believe he was gonna die for about three seconds and then I loved him up (as was recommended by the trainer John Lyons). He never bit me again! But boy did he leave a nasty purple welt on me that hurt like hell!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #9
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I am most proud to have been the first person in my family to go to 3rd level education (college) and continue my studies at night when working full time. I am also very proud of the amount of hard slog work I've done in the company I work for in th 7 years I've been there. I've worked my way through the ranks by myself. I didn't need favours or have to step on anyone to do it, I got there on my own and I'm not done yet!

I'm also proud of my family. We came from practically nothing and have grown and developed into everything we shouldn't be. We beat the stereotypes and made something of ourselves by ourselves. My mother did a wonderful job with all of us and I am most proud of her than anyone in this world.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #10
Banned

I'm really happy toread that, and I'm also happy for you to have risen throughout the ranks, to earn your stripes in the book of Life. Congratulations!

Jonesy
Old 03-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
Eibhlin
Oscillating Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by awiste View Post
Well put Jones!

I had a little two year old gelding bite me in my back when I was picking his hooves. I immediately made him believe he was gonna die for about three seconds and then I loved him up (as was recommended by the trainer John Lyons). He never bit me again! But boy did he leave a nasty purple welt on me that hurt like hell!
Ya, I really like John Lyons approach, I am reading Lyons on Horses right now and look forward to putting it onto practice someday on a horse of my own

Andrea

Old 03-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #12
greenpoet
Amused by the Muse

greenpoet Between 0 and 10 points

It’s just great to find out, that I can be a jack-of-all-trades kind of person. They say, Jack-of-all-trades but a master of none. Yes, I discovered things I can be good at especially when I put my heart and soul with what I do. I can do portraits in charcoal and do pastel paintings, write poems, and can sing too. But my profession is , I’m an accountant. I work with numbers all day. Its so funny and ironic that my left brain and right brain are in unison.

Lately, I discovered that I can collaborate with a singer-composer friend of mine. We were able to make four songs , I do the lyrics and hers is music. Then , she invited me to be with her in the recording studio, I saw the nitty gritty details on how they do it in the recording studio. It was awesome and a different experience for me. I gave her also ideas, how the song should come out, and gave her poems about love. And when she was done and when I listened to it, I felt so joyous. My heart can’t contain how happy I can be for being able to paint songs which we’ve done in collaboration.
greenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #13
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoet View Post
It’s just great to find out, that I can be a jack-of-all-trades kind of person. They say, Jack-of-all-trades but a master of none. Yes, I discovered things I can be good at especially when I put my heart and soul with what I do. I can do portraits in charcoal and do pastel paintings, write poems, and can sing too. But my profession is , I’m an accountant. I work with numbers all day. Its so funny and ironic that my left brain and right brain are in unison.

Lately, I discovered that I can collaborate with a singer-composer friend of mine. We were able to make four songs , I do the lyrics and hers is music. Then , she invited me to be with her in the recording studio, I saw the nitty gritty details on how they do it in the recording studio. It was awesome and a different experience for me. I gave her also ideas, how the song should come out, and gave her poems about love. And when she was done and when I listened to it, I felt so joyous. My heart can’t contain how happy I can be for being able to paint songs which we’ve done in collaboration.

That sounds like fun, ever since I saw Stephen Lynch I wanted to write comedy folk songs, but nothing really great. My best one was about a Vampire that moved to the US from London. I deleted it when I reread it, it just had no place on my computer.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #14
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by last_dance_rodeo View Post
what a great thread, let's see i'm glad of everything that has happened to me so far. It won't seem so great but everything happens for a reason is what I'm getting at. I dropped out of college because I was very depressed then I moved to Sioux Falls, the largest city in SOuth Dakota. I spent two of the worse years of my life there at first it was fine and I was working at walmart but I thought I was unhappy so I left and went to another job that made me want to die. Seriously I was very depressed I spent two weeks in bed. I quit and got behind on rent and worked dead end job one after another. I then got evicted from my apartment and moved back home again. Now since being home I've gotten a job I love. I've paid off all credit cards. I've gotten caught up on student loans and should have one paid off in 4 months time.
Chris...you and i are so alike in our path of life! amazing, or should i say 'misfortune'...except i have'nt had to worry about college or uni etc
Basicaly, i fell into the inevitable pit of gloomy doomy death (ie.Debt) and was also evicted from my flat an endless amount of dead end jobs loomed for many months, with nout but peanuts for ones pay packet! over £2700 was my debt payment. But....its things like this as are many other things in life, that just DO NOT put me down! i'v never ever been bothered about the poxy sh*t sniffing leeches and there demands over the phone for there $%@# payment bothering me day in day out and all there pityful meaningless and pathetic feeble gimp threats...it never got me down, i always look on the bright side of life... (in a way, i'v gift of the gab) hehe. I may had lost me flat...and me Girlfriend was nothing but a pain...so she left too! i was skint...a Tyrannosaurus-Rex could have decided to randomly take a gargantuan dump on me...then sit down, pause for a breather, have a quick nap on me...and be off again, and i would'nt have cared (i'd prolly be dead)
aaaaaaaaaaanyway.......Now tho i have paid it all off....I'v a new well paid job and i'm on the road to a new place, plus i'v a new Girl....but she's all the bleedin way over in the US of A...i aint even met her yet, but thats another story

btw....how do Alli
you should already know me as a complete and utter nutter by now
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #15
Banned

I just reread this thread again. I've been up close to a horse before, but never saw its teeth. I bet their the size of my hand! Exactly how big are horse teeth?

HOrse feathers, I"m an expert at those! (hint to Groucho.)