The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Nicole
JKF Member

Nicole Between 0 and 10 points
Exclamation Jewel Video! Please Participate!

I never announced the first online fan community video on these message boards before, and I'm sorry. Here's the sequel idea.

Let me give you guys the idea and feel free to send in your videos! I'll probably edit in May sometime. So let's make the deadline May 21st. Just because I like the number 21. I will be lenient and extend it if need be. That gives you guys a lot more time to be creative and fun! Because this time, I will need mega amounts of creativity.
Here's the rules:
It will work the same as last time. It's going to be online based (being online based is what made our last video so special to Jewel). The video will be called, "Jewel's Online Fan Community: The Sequel" LOL. Plain and simple. HOWEVER, THE RULES HAVE CHANGED!!!! This time what I want you guys to do is dance/lip sync/dress up to the songs "Everybody Needs Someone Sometime" and "Yes U Can." This is going to be a music video! Now, I picked the song ENSS because as an online fan community we do rely on each other and help each other out with many things! I know you guys have helped me out a lot in many areas when ever I had trouble. I picked "Yes U Can" because, quite frankly, it's fun and it's my favorite song. The "Yes U Can" video is going to be a bonus video though, so it will appear after ENSS. ENSS is the main goal.
Now, you can do a skit to the video, dress up like Jewel, dance anyway you want, show off a skill, etc, etc, etc. Just BE CREATIVE. Jewel will be watching this!
Do you have to dance/sing to the whole song? That's your choice. I will not make anybody do anything. However, I would prefer it if you did because it gives me more editing options.

For those of you who are shy! I know some people are shy. I know a lot of you were afraid to sing the LU part before. If you are one of these people who do not want to dance/lip sync (I would appreciate if you did a LITTLE something) but if not, record a quick clip: say your name, and how Jewel's Online Fan Community has helped you out. Give examples. REMEMBER: It's not why you like Jewel's Online Fan Community anymore. It's HOW it has helped you out in someway whether it be with a project, personal problem, etc. You can mention (Jewel's) Twitter as well.

So simply put:
-Dance/lip sync/dress up/make skits to Everybody Needs Someone Sometime
-Dance/lip sync/dress up/make skits to Yes U Can
(FEEL FREE TO BE CREATIVE AND DO WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT WITH THESE SONGS AS WELL)
-How has Jewel's Online Fan Community helped you out in someway?
-Say anything about Jewel's Twitter or talking to fans on twitter in general.

THANKS GUYS!
This video will be fun! I'll do my good ol' intros and outros again.
Jewel likes our lip syncing and dancing so why not give her more of what she likes?!
HAVE FUN!

PS. my email address is sundays_fad@snet.net
upload videos through email OR superuploader.net, or sendspace.com or any website such as these.
Also to make sure videos aren't too big, you don't have to send me all of your footage at once. if you want split it up by doing a part of ENSS then another part of ENSS, then a part of Yes U Can, then your message. Go for it!
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

The first video was great! I'm glad the JKF will be in on the next one!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelWiki View Post
The first video was great! I'm glad the JKF will be in on the next one!
Me too. Would loved to have known about the first one but I think I'll need to dig deep for some courage to do this one. It is so far out of my comfort zone as I don't dance at all! I'll no doubt feel ridiculous doing it but if I rope a friend into it after a few glasses of vino (for the both of us)...I might just give it a go!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Nicole
JKF Member

Sorry Kiera I should have posted the first idea here before! I REALLY hope you can do this one! If you are still uncomfortable about doing the dancing, remember you can always just do the talking option But I think it would be so fun to dance! lol!!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Little Bird
Administrator

Think I'll have to give it a go. Was dancing around the sitting room singing it to my 18 month old daughter and she giggled the whole way through so I think I'll bring her into it as well. LOL. She seemed to have great fun and I'm sure Jewel will get a kick out of that.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Nicole
JKF Member

that would be so cute!! I can't wait to see it. Jewel will love it.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
JewelWiki
JKF Member

JewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 pointsJewelWiki Between 150 and 249 points

Aww! It'd be great to have Seryn dancing too.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
Little Bird
Administrator

She wasn't dancing so much as laughing AT me. What wasn't to laugh at? It was her mother 'dancing' and attempting to 'sing' at the same time after all.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 04-30-2009, 04:17 AM   #9
JewelWiki
JKF Member

If she sees you dancing enough to the song, I'm sure she'll start to dance to it, too.

I used to dance around to Van Halen's "Jump" when I was a baby... and by dance I mean bob.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

I'll what I can do. She's used to dancing in her car seat to Jewel songs when we're out driving but it's usually just shaking her shoulders from side to side. Thinking of getting a t-shirt with the JKF on it for her to wear too. LOL!!!

Now - I just need her to learn the words to ENSS off by heart and we're set! She can barely say 20 words right now so it could be a challenge.

MysteriousWisdom
Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
JewelWiki
JKF Member

Haha; that'd be really funny if her first long sentences were the lyrics to that song. I think the dancing thing would be cute; even in the car seat!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
Little Bird
Administrator

Well she's been listening to Jewel before she was even born! When I was pregnant, I used to play Jewel really loud when I was listening to her and sometimes put the headphones to my tummy. It's no wonder she dances to the music now.

Anyway - going way off topic here. Sorry. Big Bold Me!

Anyone else going to do a video for it?

MysteriousWisdom
Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

I was on the previous, but forgot the part of the speech, so now I will try to speak a little... Even though with my bad english. Thing I will use to cause "AWW" jaja

Dancing for my camera... mmm I don´t think so jaja. I will sing out lout and that´s enough suffering to bear

I have to come with some ideas though...

Take care, Karina
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

arcticbit COME OVER HER!!!

Here you have the whole explanation!

Take care
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
Little Bird
Administrator

Really better get my ass in gear to do this.

MysteriousWisdom