The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
louloublu
Super JKF Member

louloublu Between 10 and 49 points
Default Last Meal

So it's been a little quiet around here lately and there's a lot of new people that I don't know yet so I was trying to think of a thread idea that everyone might be interested in replying to. So I decided on this, what would you like for your last meal?

For me it would be a fillet steak medium rare, garlic butter, creamy mash AND a baked potato, red wine sauce with sugar snap peas and carrots (important that they are not overdone) and fried onions. For dessert I'd have a piece (well two) of the most decadent chocolate cake and Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, followed by a really good cup of coffee. All this would be washed down by a fantastic bottle of red wine. Obviously I'm not worried about calories/hangover/bad breath as it's my last meal. Clearly I've given this a lot of thought.

So what about you guys?

Remember the idea is that it's your last meal so you can be as guiltily bad as you want, second or third helpings are totally fine and you don't have to have one healthy thing. All bets are off so if it's a meal you had at an amazing restaurant on holidays or that something someone dear cooked for you that is fine. Have fun salivating!

"You thought I didn't notice the skin on your teeth had a tear."
louloublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I'd want a 32oz steak topped with butter, mushrooms and onions...... with a baked potato, chili, and an extra cup of butter to drink between bites so my mouth stays lubed!

They better never sentence me to the chair... those whitenesses are going to be pissed!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 AM   #3
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

Give me a nice buttery LOBSTER!!!! And a side of King crab legs! ;-) Yummy!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I'm a true Irish Girl. Bacon and cabbage, creamy mash, steamed carrots and parsley sauce washed down with Peter Liemmann (sp) 2005 Chardonnay followed by my mother's homemade apple pie (and I mean pie! really deep and full to the brim with yummy stewed apple with cloves) and custard, and finished with the hottest, strongest black coffee.

My mouth waters just thinking about it.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

hey lou lou, you know how to get to my heart

......besides

erm... id have to say my last meal would be my mums meat & potato pie with red cabbage mmm mmm good old northen dish.

for a drink id have to say a bottle of bud'

for after's hmmm thats easy but its a secret :P

lalalala
dave
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
louloublu
Super JKF Member

Dave you so funny!

Funny how buttery stuff appears on all the lists (assuming that's how Dave/Kiera like creamy mash or meat & potato pie cooked). It's all about the butter.

Kiera can't say I'd be a fan of the cabbage but I'll share my mash with you.

DreamsLast, I love the idea of the lobster, that'd be my alternate or maybe a lobster starter. Or scallops. Or crispy duck pancakes with Hoisin sauce. Excuse me...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:34 AM   #7
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

My choice depends... will I be running away from anything soon after the last meal? Will I need to fit into my best suit? And will I have a chance to floss? What if I am lactose intolerant, will I have to face the consequences? How many people will eat with me? And the ambiance?

I would say.... first, the setting has to be at sunset along the beach in French Polynesia. The air would be warm, with a light breeze. Sting rays and colorful fish would swim past our table. There would be a polynesian dance show.

My wife would be there with me. And my daughter too, but this time she would behave well and will not make me eat her already cold food from her plate.

I would eat quality sushi with a small side of filet mignon (medium) and white corn (organic, of course). And a few bites of Japanese curry with rice just because.

Then, for dessert I would have a selection of fruit sorbet with melons, a dark chocolate truffle (from Joseph Schmidt) and end it with cotton candy.

Once we're done with our meal and our feet shrink from having them in the water, we'd swear that our future meal is not a "meal" but rather a corporal refueling event. We would have many more corporal refueling events to come.

Either that, or this is my first of a casual 87,600 course meal spanning over the next 80 years.
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #8
louloublu
Super JKF Member

Webbed, that was a good one!!!!! I love the setting. Now I have to think where I want mine. I could end up elbowing in on your table!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:23 AM   #9
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

A #11- 10 peice Chicken Mc Nugget Meal with a Coke!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
Sonne
Super JKF Member

Sonne Between 0 and 10 points

Well... my meat it´s tottaly Uruguayan eat!
I will start with a good ASADO (you call it barbecue) to the point, I don´t like the hard meat that looks like the sole of a shoe. This with a Russian salad (I don´t know if you call this salad like that, anyway it got potatos, carrots and vetches) and a classic one (tomato and lettuce) A piece of a GOOD pizza.
To drink apple or orange juice (it´s not that I´m too young to the FORBIDDEN drinks jeje. It´s just that I hate alcohol )
For dessert: CHAJA (Uruguayan dessert) or a chocolate cake made by myself.
And then... RIP

Take care
Sonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
last_dance_rodeo
Temporarily Absent Mod

last_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 pointslast_dance_rodeo Between 50 and 149 points

What a tough question. It would definitely need to be something meaty and cheesy and followed by sweet and salty. Let's see. I want to start off with some Kung Pao style Kalamari mmmhmm. Then I want a big bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions. Then I either want greasy and salty fries or onion rings. Than for dessert, death by chocolate. Oh yeah. That's what I want