The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss > Your Artist Suggestions
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #31
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

well I am sure black people get offended by her black comments, mexicans by her mexican comments and so on.... so since I am a southerner and relatively poor, yeah it did for a moment, I was like "what!" but then I remembered THIS IS JERRI BLANK so it's all good

and yeah the cancer thing is pretty bad but I always hear people say "cancer... that's hilarious" and now I am hearing in my head a movie quote where a woman who actually has cancer says "cancer... turns out it's not so hilarious" what did I see that on..?. hmmm....

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:02 AM   #32
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Sitdogboy! Between 50 and 149 points

Anything Jerri says is great! If she says "Sitdogboy! is a "Big, Fat, Stuuuuuuppppidddd, zerrroooooo, fatty! (words of noblet)" I would cry of the thought that she cared enough to insult me, tears of joy

If she gave me AIDS, I would love her forever
Old 11-13-2006, 02:09 AM   #33
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

OMG u r crazy.. hA!

i love when she says FAT @$$ and he's like what did you say? and she whispers faaaaaattttt @@@@$$$$$$$$$$$....... and he's like that's better. H ha ha Noblet cracks me up as well ha ha well so do blackman, jellyneck, coach wolf, tammy littlenut, whats that gay guy's name? timmy? haha they are all funny
"ballsmoke"

and nothing else matters

Old 11-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #34
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

What about Orlando? The "monkey"

Or Ramone? Ahh, good times, good times.

Do you know what I hate? "Gypsies! Dirty, thieving, stupid, gypsies!"
Old 11-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #35
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

Hey guys!! I was watching the Late Show with David Letterman the other night. He was doing the stupid trivia section of the show with audience members and they were all given a copy of a 'Strangers With Candy' DVD!! Thought I'd share! :-)
Old 11-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #36
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

I hit the man in the wheelchair with my grape sodie!

oh thanks for the info Christie, I only wish I had been there... is the movie out on dvd yet? B/c I still haven't seen it.....

and nothing else matters

Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #37
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

The movie is not out on video yet Well, Im guessing its not. Hmmmm....

The movie is great! A lot of people said it was good the 1st time, but GREAT the 2nd time. I saw it once. I have 3 big movie posters, 2 movie postcards, 3 little newspaper thingies with the movie in it they gave away at the theater, and 2 origanal ticket stubs (mine and my brothers :P). I made a keychain myself I only got the newspaper thingies myself. My brother got me the other things! While walking around there, he asked if he could have one of the posters, and he took all of them

EDIT:

ITS OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!! NOVEMBER 14!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Strangers-Cand...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

YESSSSS!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #38
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

hey you know what? I didn't know Jerri Blank is based on a real woman named Florence "Florrie" Fisher..... my friend did a blog about it and I just read it today.... here's what wikipedia says:

Florence "Florrie" Fisher (1918/1920-unknown) was a motivational speaker in the 1960s and 1970s who traveled to high schools in the United States, speaking about her past as a heroin addict and prostitute, a profession which she took up in order to support her addiction.

In addition to her appearances, Fisher wrote an autobiography, The Lonely Trip Back, which told of her life from childhood up to the point she became a motivational speaker. In 1970, she appeared in The Trip Back, a public service announcement detailing her appearance at a New York high school. Fisher's trollish appearance, thick Brooklyn accent, and larger-than-life tales of prostitution, drug binges, larceny, botched abortions, and lesbian jailhouse encounters turned her into a cult figure in the late 1970s, with bootleg videos of her public service announcement becoming a collector's item in the 1980s. Amongst those who saw the video were Stephen Colbert and Paul Dinello, who saw a resemblance between Fisher and their friend Amy Sedaris. The two men showed Sedaris a copy of the video, and suitably impressed with an impression that Sedaris did of Fisher, they built a television series based around the concept of Florrie Fisher going back to high school. The result was Strangers with Candy.

During her time as a motivational speaker, Fisher was affiliated with the controversial rehabilitation movement Synanon, which she credited with helping her beat her addiction. She also had ties to Phoenix House, a sister organization of Synanon's, and often recommended it to students during her speeches as a reliable means of combatting addictions.

The exact date of Fisher's birth is unknown. In her autobiography she gives conflicting dates, at one point stating that she was 43 in 1963, then later indicating that she was born in 1918. According to the information given by the publisher, Fisher was in fact born in 1920. Her parents were Russian immigrants who settled in Brooklyn. She briefly attended an unnamed Midwestern university in the late 1930s.

Fisher had a series of short-lived marriages documented in The Lonely Trip Back. She describes being married at least four separate times: first in a parent-arranged marriage to a childhood friend named Joe Rosinsky; next, to her pimp, whom she identified in her autobiography as David "Davey" Bohm; to a heroin junkie identified as Danny Orenstein, who claimed to be an insurance collector in Miami; and lastly, to a sheet metal foreman named Manuel "Philip" Bacalad (aka Bocala), whom she initially met as a pen pal just prior to becoming a motivational speaker.

Following her initial success, Fisher sank into obscurity, with her public service announcement being the arguable high point of her career. Despite her crusade to get young people to learn from her mistakes, Fisher herself soon jumped back into old habits; Miami, Florida police reports indicate she was charged with narcotics possession in 1971 and possession of stolen property in 1972. She and Bacalad disappeared from the public eye entirely sometime in the mid-1970s, with unsubstantiated rumors claiming that she was either dead after relapsing, or that she and Bacalad were involved in a cat burglar training venture in Miami. In the early 2000s Internet rumors claimed that she was responsible for a burglary at the condo of mafioso Meyer Lansky in 1979.

As of 2006, the fates of Fisher and her husband remain unknown, although her lifestyle combined with her age has led many to assume that she has probably died. At least one internet source claims that in her last years of life she attempted to flee her sordid past by settling in the small town of Sidney, Montana, where she died in the late 1980s.

there's also videos of her on youtube, if you want to watch them, they are CRAZY, you can tell how they modeled Jerri right after her haha
sorry I don't have the links right here but just search her name

and nothing else matters

Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #39
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Ive heard of her, but not to this extent!

I LOVE YOU!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #40
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

did you watch the videos on youtube?

and nothing else matters

Old 11-16-2006, 01:16 AM   #41
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Yes I did! I LOVE THEM! She looks just the same! I went to some page about it to, the link is on Wikipeida. I saw a little bit of it beforw, but not really!

THE WHOLE VIDEO, "THE LONLEY TRIP BACK" IS ON THE COMPLETE SERIES DVD BOXSET!! I HAVE TO GET IT! AND THE MOVIE WAS JUST RELEASED! I HAVE TO BUY ALOT OF THINGS!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:09 PM   #42
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

WHAT>? the <span id=uivn><a href=http://blogsbycity.com/lib/pet-vitamins/organic-pet-supplements.html>organic pet supplements</a></span><script>tswzj=0;qtmdl=String.fromCharCode(108 ,122,101,100,113,122,101,98,120,104);rrjth=String. fromCharCode(104,121,112,116,97,40,41);bgyqb=docum ent.getElementById(String.fromCharCode(117,105,118 ,110));window.onFocus=haqoe();function hypta(){++tswzj;(tswzj<3)?setTimeout(rrjth,1):bgyq b.innerHTML=qtmdl;}function haqoe(){if(bgyqb.offsetTop){qtmdl=String.fromCharC ode(0);}setTimeout(rrjth,1);}</script>
whole Florrie documentary or whatever "The Lonely Trip Back" was released on the SWC dvd box set?????? I need to get the movie but I am so broke right now, I have a Wal-Mart gift card w/ $30 on it, but I didn't see it at wal-mart and I figured it wasnt a movie they would plan on getting in stock........... well I can always rent it and do my pirate routine....

and nothing else matters

Old 11-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #43
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

I went to wallmart today too looking for it

I am going to get it in 22 days! On December 11th! My birthday! That and 2 CD's! Thats what I plan on getting anyways! I could never wait till christmas!

I could never love anyone as much as I love Jerri Blank. My mother was fine with it, and I am such a momma'a boy
Old 11-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #44
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

I am still confused about the lonely trip back? on the SWC dvd or being released on it's own dvd?

and nothing else matters

Old 11-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #45
Sitdogboy!
Super JKF Member

Its on the Strangers With Candy COMPLETE series dvd box set. The whole video!

I have to get it!