The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Non Jewel Related > The Abyss > Your Artist Suggestions
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points
Default AMY BELLE Myspace Glasgow singer/songwriter

Hi everyone,sorry i have not been in touch for a while,i have still been checking out the forum though.
Just thought i would like to point everyone to a Myspace page for Amy Belle who is a fantastic singer/songwriter from my home town of Glasgow. She has a great voice and plays acoustic guitar and her writing and singing style are similar to Jewels at times. She has lots of material on Youtube and has actually performed with the great Scottish Rocker Rod Stewart at the Albert Hall in London.
Please take 15 mins to listen to her tracks on her Myspace page,i am positive most Jewel fans will appreciate Amy as well.
I see her play and sing live every week locally,god how i wish i could say that for Jewel,i long for the day when she comes back to the UK or anywhere in Europe for that matter,i will be there along with the other UK & European fans.
Thanks for reading this,and please give me some feedback on your views on Amy,i hope you like her.
Thanks a lot guys and girls,i will try my upmost to get involved in the forum more regularly again.

Cheers Crawfy !!!
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi,i see around 30 people have read this thread,i just wanted to check if any forum members had actually checked Amy Belle's Myspace page out and listened to her tracks,i would love to hear some opinions on her from you all.
I would recommend her songs 'I Love You' / 'Moving' & 'Living Room Blues',there are a few more tracks available to listen to on her page also.
You can also buy her songs on CD Baby,and check her out on Youtube,just simply do a search for Amy Belle.
There is videos of her singing with Rod Stewart on Youtube also.
She has a fantastic voice and writes her own songs and plays guitar,so she is like my local version of Jewel,not quite the same i know,but i honestly believe Amy has a big future ahead of her,there has been a couple of decent female singers emerging from Glasgow recently,K.T. Tunstall and Amy McDonald,but i think Amy Belle has true star potential.
I have been introducing her to Jewel recently,i am giving her my spare copy of 'Chasing Down The Dawn' to read,i think it will be a great inspiration for her.

Please let me know what you think,i am hoping you gus and girls will like her.
Thanks sooooo much !!!

Cheers Crawfy !
Old 06-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi guys,over 70 people have looked at my thread now and i would love some feedback on what you thought of Amy's songs on her Myspace page.
She is a talented singer/songwriter and i see her as Glasgow's very own little Jewel,except she's a brunette.
Please please give me your valued and honest opinions on her music,i would appreciate it very much.
She has a Media Player on her Myspace that will play around 6 tracks,its well worth checking out,also see her videos on Youtube.

Thanks to the JKF for your support.

myspace.com/amybellemusic

Cheers Crawfy !!!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi guys,how are you all doing?

Hope most of the 125 people that have looked at my Amy Belle thread have checked out her Myspace page and listened to her music.

Please listen to her song called 'Slipping Under' i think its got a very JEWEL feel to it,i can imagine our very own JEWEL singing it on one of her albums.

I'm still hoping for some JKF fans feedback on Amy as a singer/songwriter,i just feel that if you are a JEWEL fan,which we obviously all are,then Amy's music will also appeal to you.
Give it a listen please,there is around 5-6 songs on her Myspace page,i have gave the page name in another link,or just google Amy Belle Glasgow Myspace and you will find her easily.She has had over 100,000 hits on her page.

Thanks again,i appreciate your support and i value your opinions on my friend Amy,she is going to be a star,believe me !!!

Cheers Crawfy XX !
Old 07-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi everyone,sorry to waffle on and on,but i see there has been 199 visits to this thread regarding Amy Belle from Glasgow that i posted.
I was really hoping for some feedback from anyone in the JKF who had checked out Amy's Myspace page and listened to the few tracks she has on the Media Player.
As i say,if you like Jewel,which we obviously all do,then i think Amy,s music will appeal to you also.
Please give her 15 minutes of your time and listen to her tracks or check her out on Youtube clips,she is fantastic. honestly
Thanks everyone !!!

Cheers Crawfy x.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Unfortunately, everytime I remember to check on this, I'm in work and MySpace it blocked here. Is there anywhere else I can hear her music. Would really love to give it a listen. You're so keen on it that it must be good!

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi Kiera,how are you? Thanks for the reply,thats a shame you can't access Amy's music. I know she also has some tracks available for download on cdbaby.com.
I have a couple of her Cd's that i got at her one of her gigs,but the easiest way is her myspace.com/amybellemusic page,it has around 5 or 6 of her full songs to listen to on the media player.
Her myspace page has had over 119,000 visits and comments from all over the world,i think she will get a well deserved break at some point,you heard her name here first !!!
Apart from that you can google her or see her on youtube.
Honestly,i think you and most of the JKF would really like her music,she has a fab voice,she plays acoustic guitar and writes her own songs.
I hope you get a chance to hear her songs,recommended tracks are:

GIVING YOU UP
SLIPPING UNDER
I LOVE YOU
MOVING
LIVING ROOM BLUES

Let me know if you have any joy,i hope you manage to hear it,and also please feel free to give me an honest opinion on her music.

Thanks,Crawfy x.

Last edited by Crawfy-Glasgow; 11-09-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi everyone,i know i have previously rattled on about Amy Belle who is a local Glasgow singer/songwriter as i think she is a very talented youg lady,so i am recommending that you at least check her out on Youtube,just type in 'Amy Belle Giving You Up' its a great song and she looks lovely in the video,and also 'I love You' its another beautiful song,she can also be seen singing 'I Dont Want To Talk About It' with Rod Stewart at The Albert Hall in London after his assistant discovered her busking in Glasgow and told Rod,he loved her and asked her to join him on his concert in London.
She is Glasgow's very own Jewel in my opinion,a very talented singer,songwriter and guitar player.
Please let me know your opinions,i would appreciate any feedback from the JKF members as i know you all have excellent taste !!!

Cheers Crawfy x.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #9
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi,just to let everyone know that i gave Jewel a gift when i saw her in Sarasota on the 4th plus i gave her a CD of Amy Belle who i keep banging on about.
The CD has 15 tracks on it written and performed by Amy,i hope Jewel has a chance to listen to it at some point.
Jewel's support act Meiko was excellent and she seemingly made her name on Myspace so it shows it can happen.
Check out Amy Belle on CD Baby or Youtube 'Giving It Up' or 'I love You' videos.
She is well worth listening to,i would still appreciate any feedback,thanks !

Cheers CRAWFY !!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Oh I'll be keeping an eye out on Twitter to see if she makes any comments. She has done so before for other artists. I really hope she listens to it.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Thanks Kiera,

I have actually joined Twitter now,i'm just finding my way around with it,seems very different from Facebook.
I am following Jewel...(of course),also her support act from Sarasota Meiko,she was excellent and also Amy,Jewels assistant,she was lovely when taking us on the VIP tour.
I think Twitter will be cool once i get the hang of it properely.

Take care,Crawfy !