The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
ShawnShamrock
Members

ShawnShamrock Between 50 and 149 points
Default Jewel Performs on Nashville Star February 8

At the End of this article accoridng to http://www.realityworld.com

Miranda Lambert to kick off 'Nashville Star 5's guest performances

By Christopher Rocchio, 01/12/2007

Aspiring country musicians on USA Network's Nashville Star will receive a firsthand view of just what it is they're trying to accomplish as the cable network announced today the identities of several guest stars who will be performing on the fifth season of the reality competition series.

ADVERTISEMENT

The parade of country musicians scheduled to grace Nashville Star's stage will begin on Thursday, January 18 when former first season finalist Miranda Lambert performs. Despite not winning during the series' premiere season, the 23-year-old blond-haired Texan ranks as the reality show's biggest album sales success and recently received a Grammy nomination for Best Female Country Vocal Performance for her single "Kerosene."

"With an amazing roster of performers, including Miranda's first return to Nashville Star since the show's premiere, we're in for a very exciting season," said Jeff Wachtel, USA's executive vice president of original programming.

RELATED LINKS
RealityTVWorld: Nashville Star

More Nashville Star 5 News

Lambert's first album, which was released in March 2005 and is also titled "Kerosene," debuted at number one on Billboard's country album chart. Lambert also recently earned a Country Music Association nomination for the Horizon Award for the second year in a row and also earned two Academy of Country Music nominations for Top Female Vocalist and Video of the Year. Her sophomore effort, "Gunpowder and Lead," is due to be released this pring, and the first single from it, "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend," was released this week.

On the Thursday, January 25 episode, Little Big Town will make their Nashville Star debut on the spurs of their first Grammy nominations for Best Country Album for "The Road To Here" and Best Country Performance By a Duo or Group With Vocal for their song "Boondocks." On the Thursday, February 1 episode, The Wreckers featuring Michelle Branch and Jessica Harp will take the stage. The duo recently earned their first Grammy nomination for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal for "Leave the Pieces" from their debut album "Stand Still, Look Pretty."

Nashville Star's fifth season will also feature a performance by Jewel, the show's host, on Thursday, February 8. Nashville Star judges Randy Owen and Blake Shelton are also scheduled to perform on a yet-to-be-announced episode, as are other country-music stars.
ShawnShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:51 AM   #2
reggiedvd
JKF Member

reggiedvd Between 10 and 49 points

I wonder if Jewel will talk to Michelle Branch after all the nasty things Michelle said about her in Maxim a few years back.
reggiedvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:40 AM   #3
ShawnShamrock
Members

Yeah I personally would like to see that go down myself..
I just found that whole situation so funny.. Then when Michelle was topless on the cover of the magazine
Old 01-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
fabiojj
Super JKF Member

fabiojj Between 10 and 49 points

Jewel is not the kind of person that talks back, and I'm glad for it. Michelle was a kid (not sure if she still is) but she surely got some issues.
fabiojj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #5
awiste
Alli

awiste Between 50 and 149 points

What did Michelle Branch say about Jewel?? How could anyone have anything nasty to say about Jewel? I just can't comprehend that!
awiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 AM   #6
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

Yes, does anybody have the quote?? I can't believe that, I didn't think Michelle Branch to be a trash talked and I love her music.... I want to know what she said too.

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:10 AM   #7
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

I don't remember that so now I'm curious.

As for Jewel performing, thanks for the news Shawn. By the way, I managed to get you a 2007 Girls Aloud calendar. I'll send it on.

I am terrible at keeping addresses so could you send it to me again?

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
ShawnShamrock
Members

Oh I love you Kiera I will have to pm u my adress. I will send you something in return not sure what but deft something.

Anyway, let me see someone on the wreckers board posted this a while ago when i asked what the beef was between Jewel and Michelle.

This was apparently in An issue of Maxium Magazine with an intreview with Michelle branch this is according to the wreckers message board..

That must have been difficult, with even former folk singers like Jewel going the pop route.
I don’t even know if I should start talking about Jewel—that would get me in trouble. But I can’t envision being pushed down that path. I think there are obvious reasons why she made that record. And it’s really interesting that that’s been her best-selling record so far. It kind of makes me sad, actually. The exciting thing about music and doing it for a living is that I don’t know exactly where I’m going and what I’m going to be five or 10 years from now. And there’s so much more that I have to learn and explore and try. I’m always struggling to prove myself as an artist.
What song in particular makes you want to drive into oncoming traffic?
Someone asked me that question before, and I said that Hilary Duff song. I hated that song, but she read that I’d said that and she got really upset and apparently hates me. So I’m trying not to be mean now…
But...
Well, you know that new Liz Phair single? It sounds like a lame attempt to be Avril Lavigne. C’mon, Liz, you can do better than that. And that’s what irks me: She can do better. ]I also don’t like that Jewel song—the one they’re using to sell those razors now.

Of course who could forget michelle branch doing this check this picture out if it loads http://www.ppgcollect.com/im/000155.jpg
Old 01-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

that's not that bad... really the worse thing she said is that she doesn't like the song. Amy Lee said something a little more racey about Jewel. I forget the exact quote but it was something to the effect of: I will never pull a Jewel and use sex to sell music. You just have to remember that Michelle Branch and Amy Lee both made these comments really early in their carreers, I know I can't blame them for being naive.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

Question: Where is Michelle Branch these days anyway? Not that I care causeI'm not particularly fond of her music or anything, but it would be intersting to see where she ended up while Jewel is still visible.

Amy Lee shuld not be one to talk, she's too much into Christian rock anyway but I like her voice. Saw Evanescence when they first hit it big and it was a lot of un. I owuld have figured Amy Lee to be savvy enough to grasp what Jewel was dong but oh well.
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 PM   #11
BlondeFlame
JKF Member

BlondeFlame Between 0 and 10 points

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting semi-naked in a magazine if that's your thing, and you're doing it because you want to feel sexy and glamourous in a magazine... let's not forget, Jewel did Maxim (or FHM?)... and she looked brilliant! And Michelle was referring to 0304 being Jewel's highest grossing album? Is it?! I thought it was POY....
BlondeFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Clearly Michelle Branch was naive when she made those comments. POY was her best selling album and remains such. I don't think the comments are that bad. You just need to see the tabloids here on a daily basis to see just how harsh celebrities can be towards one another. THis is harmless

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #13
ShawnShamrock
Members

Michelle Branch is one half of a popular county duo the wreckers. That is where she has been. They had a huge hit with leave the pieces last year..

As for her comments I agree they weren't the harshest but I find it funny that she has the nerve to basically call Jewel a Slut because of her image change and he sound change but then michelle ends up doing a far more risky shooot for mazium magazine. I suppose michelle was young then she still is. I think Michelle was just one of those anti-0304 fans. I also find it funny that she said it was her best selling album. "If only she knew" ha ha ha wow i just made a really korny joke "If only she knew" i'm too much too handle
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #14
never.alone
Jessica

never.alone Between 50 and 149 points

michelle branch is retarded.
period. end of story.

alone. always. alone. never. alone....

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a fairy hand in hand For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand.
http://blog.myspace.com/butiwannaplay
never.alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #15
ItBeThatWay27
Gary, 'Disposable-Hero'

ItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 pointsItBeThatWay27 Between 50 and 149 points

That's why I try not to make statements about things I am uninformed about.... like 0304 being the best selling album... while I really like Michelle Branch's music, I wish she'd do her homework. And I agree that the comment wasn't even that harsh, I'm sure Jewel just shrugged it off. Honestly I'm a little more offended by the Liz Phair comment. I am assuming she's talking about Why Can't I and I think that's a great song and I like most of Liz's music..

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters

ItBeThatWay27 is offline   Reply With Quote