The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
edgeofseventeen17
JKF Member

edgeofseventeen17 Between 0 and 10 points
Default The Lost Album

Does anyone know anything about the album Jewel was working on between Pieces of You and Spirit? I notice on youtube in the mid-90's there's alot of talk about it and how she scratched it because it became irrelivant. But some songs she ended up using for Spirit but re-recorded them.
Man, I wonder what would've been on that? I'm wondering if songs from the Pieces of You bonus disc came from that? Like Emily, Everything Breaks, Race Car Driver, and Flower... Cause those are definitely produced differently than anything on the original Pieces of You...

Too bad we can't hear it now! Just to satisfy curiosity.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

She mentioned it recently on Twitter too. There are a few songs that she cut for that album that never got released but most I think have been put on an album somewhere here or there since and some have been played a lot live so there are plenty of bootlegs. But I don't recall ever seeing a concise list of what would have gone onto the lost album but Jewel said that she does still have the recordings in her archive.

I'm sure they'll make an appearance at some point in the future as she did say to fans that she was looking to do another POY style album and some of those songs may already be of that style.

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote