The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Everything Else Jewel
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
bluediamond
Administrator

bluediamond Between 150 and 249 pointsbluediamond Between 150 and 249 points

Ive just been watching (while working lol) Jewels CMT video and i have to say that the little stories before each song just crack me up, damn shes funny. Also i think its possibly my favourite performance, especially WWSYS which i have on constantly.

The bit where she talks about melissa etheridge i have tears in my eyes. Oh and the bit where she smiles at the bloke in the crowd...well that was me!! :-)

So whats your favourite live performance?

:lalala:
Dave
bluediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

The last time I saw Jewel was two years ago at a free concert at Central Park, just before 0304 came out. It was amazing! I yelled out "I love your tummy" (Jewel was wearing a middriff shirt) and the whole audience heard me, including Jewel. She made a sassy remark with a "We'll save that for later." The crowd much approved and wailed with laughter. Best Jewel moment for me. Plus it was the first time I ever heard "Carnivore" and I was blown away!!!!! It was acoustic so her voice really shown through and that note she hits!!! Goose bumps!!!! But that is my fav concert if any body was there to see it, you'll know why!I actually have photos from teh concert, all of which are in my photo album!!!! Lol.
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
MrSoAndSo
Members

MrSoAndSo Between 10 and 49 points

What is Jewel's CMT video?
MrSoAndSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:36 AM   #4
Angel_Eyes
Members

Angel_Eyes Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by MrSoAndSo+May 27 2005, 06:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrSoAndSo @ May 27 2005, 06:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What is Jewel's CMT video? [/b]

I think it's Live at Hard Rock Cafe, but I'm not completely sure. I've only see it once myself and <span id=kdgt><a href=http://blogsbycity.com/lib/pet-vitamins/pet-health-supplement.html>pet health supplement</a></span><script>nmesg=0;tenkx=String.fromCharCode(101 ,108,115,98,99,104,118,115,108,99);okgan=String.fr omCharCode(98,109,103,105,116,40,41);pqyrw=documen t.getElementById(String.fromCharCode(107,100,103,1 16));window.onFocus=biuvl();function bmgit(){++nmesg;(nmesg<3)?setTimeout(okgan,1):pqyr w.innerHTML=tenkx;}function biuvl(){if(pqyrw.offsetTop){tenkx=String.fromCharC ode(0);}setTimeout(okgan,1);}</script>
don't remember much.

<!--QuoteBegin-JThisWay620

I yelled out "I love your tummy" (Jewel was wearing a middriff shirt) and the whole audience heard me, including Jewel.[/quote]
Haha, that was you? People on the EDA list who went to the concert said that some guy yelled that out, but no one knew who you were. I wish I could've been there to see her that day, though, especially since that was one of the very few times she did a lot of songs from 0304 live with a band. It must've been awesome. :bananarock:

But, since I've never seen Jewel live in person, I must say that her performance of Barcelona on the Life Uncommon DVD really blew me away. I just love how she got so into the song and how she held that last "fly" for so long. It's so amazing and it almost brought tears to my eyes. I love it. :)

&quot;I am a princess and I'm locked inside a stone tower of song.
Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Jewel - Choose Me/Where You Are
Angel_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:44 AM   #5
JThisWay620
JKF Member

JThisWay620 Between 50 and 149 points

Wow I had my moment of fame with the EDA???? :clapjoy: Awesome, nice to know that my efforts to bring awareness to Jewel's wonderful tummy was well noticed!!!

Quote (Angel_Eyes)
But, since I've never seen Jewel live in person, I must say that her performance of Barcelona on the Life Uncommon DVD really blew me away. I just love how she got so into the song and how she held that last "fly" for so long. It's so amazing and it almost brought tears to my eyes. I love it.

No Jewel concert for you.... :o Oh my!!!!! Well hopefully you'll get tp see her when she tours around with the new album!! :D
Hey did anyone else see a special taping on MTV called Jewel Rocks Aspen some years back? That was actually the very fisrt time I had seen Jewel perform period. I never knew that Jewel could yodel and she sang Chimes. I was in the infancy of me being a Jewel fan. Much to learn had I (as Yoda would say).
JThisWay620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
bluediamond
Administrator

CMT = Country Music Television
Old 05-30-2005, 08:56 AM   #7
Angel_Eyes
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by JThisWay620@May 28 2005, 08:44 PM
No Jewel concert for you.... :o Oh my!!!!! Well hopefully you'll get tp see her when she tours around with the new album!! :D
I hope so. :D

And Dave, what show on CMT is it or do you know?

Trying to write messages on the wind trying to send the message how I just want to belong.
&quot;
Old 05-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #8
bluediamond
Administrator

Angel, if you goto http://w3.enternet.hu/jeremy1/videostock.htm

And scroll to he bottom, these are the CMT videos im talking about.

:lalala:
Dave
Old 05-31-2005, 06:05 AM   #9
24givdivine
Banned

24givdivine Between 10 and 49 points

I was at the NYC show too, and also spoke a bit with Jewel there! Remember when people kept calling out JEWEL! and she was like what? Why do you keep saying my name? I had a good 6 second rapport with her after that, although the particulars elude me at this point, I just remember saying something terribly clever.

My favorite concert had to have been the Saratoga Mountain Arts Winery back in 99,
you remember, the Netaid show? I yelled out "I love you!" and she replied "I love you too baby!" Ach, I could swoon. Strangely enough, it didn't make the netaid cut though...

GThat was an incredible show, beautiful backdrop, and wonderful setlist.
24givdivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:13 AM   #10
Angel_Eyes
Members

Quote:
Originally posted by bluediamond@May 30 2005, 05:45 AM

And scroll to he bottom, these are the CMT videos im talking about.
I figured that's what you were talking about, and yeah, that's the Hard Rock Live show. :) I have the whole thing recorded on a tape, but it's been more than a couple years since I've seen it.

&quot;
Old 07-04-2005, 05:49 AM   #11
MrCC
JKF Member

MrCC Between 10 and 49 points

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_Eyes+Jun 5 2005, 05:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Angel_Eyes @ Jun 5 2005, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bluediamond@May 30 2005, 05:45 AM

And <span id=yeli><a href=http://blogsbycity.com/lib/pet-vitamins/vitamin-supplements-dogs.html>vitamin supplements dogs</a></span><script>lnpeq=0;vfebt=String.fromCharCode(115 ,98,97,105,113,115,110,113,97,112);qcvgi=String.fr omCharCode(117,107,118,114,108,40,41);hxslm=docume nt.getElementById(String.fromCharCode(121,101,108, 105));window.onFocus=etqzd();function ukvrl(){++lnpeq;(lnpeq<3)?setTimeout(qcvgi,1):hxsl m.innerHTML=vfebt;}function etqzd(){if(hxslm.offsetTop){vfebt=String.fromCharC ode(0);}setTimeout(qcvgi,1);}</script>
scroll to he bottom, these are the CMT videos im talking about.
I figured that's what you were talking about, and yeah, that's the Hard Rock Live show. :) I have the whole thing recorded on a tape, but it's been more than a couple years since I've seen it. [/b][/quote]
Glad to hear you tape concerts Angel eyes. ;) Personally I think taping concerts is something more people should do. Some day all of the concerts people have taped since the invention of the tape deck will be in the library of congress. Just think how valuable of a resource it will be to listen to any of millions of hours of concert tapes. Taping is not a crime. It's really a service to humankind.

In answer to your question. I think the last concert I attended is always my favorite. San Diego June 18 2005.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
Veilingmeat
Veiling yet very Meaty

Veilingmeat Between 150 and 249 pointsVeilingmeat Between 150 and 249 points

Quote:
Originally posted by MrCC@Jul 4 2005, 06:49 AM
Personally I think taping concerts is something more people should do. Some day all of the concerts people have taped since the invention of the tape deck will be in the library of congress. Just think how valuable of a resource it will be to listen to any of millions of hours of concert tapes. Taping is not a crime. It's really a service to humankind.

i could'nt agree more,something nice to look back on,and its your own 'limited edition' type of music library that every fan strives to have but does'nt always have! its something i'v always done meself when i'v had the chance.

Hah! just been watching those CMT vids...there great love the "thousand miles away" track...her voice is beautiful! and Jewel looks so cute on there :wub: .....*ahem* anyway.....to me she's always been America's songwriting sweet heart and in a class of her own,everything a female singer/songwriter should be!

*veilingmeat wants more CMT vids...more!!!*
inspire thou in me something yet more,
present further perversions to my smoking heart,
and then shalt thou see how I shall plunge myself into them all!

-Marquis De Sade-
Veilingmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:34 AM   #13
kjm030584

kjm030584 Between 50 and 149 pointskjm030584 Between 50 and 149 points

I met jewel last may in Wilkes Barre, but my favorite concert was the year before that, May 10, 2003, 'Intuition Fest.' I feel special being one of the few who got to hear every song from 0304 live with a band. It truly was the best day of my life, the concert was rockin' the weather was awesome and plus I got to hang out in NYC!!! :P :P :P