The Jewel Kilcher Forum  

*** IMPORTANT WEBSITE NOTICE *** This website is no longer open and used for archive purposes only. No longer accepting new membership and all current members can login but no new posts are allowed. Please contact kiera@kieralambe.net if you wish to discuss this with the Administrator - Thank you ***

Go Back   The Jewel Kilcher Forum > Jewel Related Forums > Jewel News & Tour
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Crawfy-Glasgow Between 50 and 149 points
Default Picture of me with Jewel in (Sarasota,Florida) 4th Nov.

Hi everyone,well i had the most amazing night at the VIP experience Jewel show in Sarasota,Florida on the 4th of November.
Jewel was absolutely stunning in person,she really blew me away,i was completely star-struck.
The 'meet & greet' experience was well worth it,i will probably never have a chance to see Jewel perform 'live' again,never mind actually meet her so i feel it was my one and only chance to take the opportunity.
I got my 'Jewel Signature Taylor' guitar Certificate of Authenticity signed by her,plus my leather guitar strap and a lovely picture of her that is given to all of the VIP guests,i was delighted with that.
I will always remember that night,it was very special to me.
It was also great to meet felow JKF member Christie and her husband John,they were both lovely and it was nice to share such a wonderful experience together,thanks for your support on the night.
I will include a couple of pics if possible of the night.

Cheers,Crawfy !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47b9cf25b3127cce98548f7970b800000038100QcsmbNy2Yso.jpg (7.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Crawfy-Glasgow; 01-30-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Crawfy-Glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Little Bird
Administrator

Little Bird Between 150 and 249 pointsLittle Bird Between 150 and 249 points

Thanks for that Crawfy. I'm delighted you had a great time and got to meet not only Jewel but our very own Christie too. A friend of mine Dave, who lives in Venice Florida was also there and got some super pics. If I get his permission, I'll share them.

I believe it was a great night considering all the 1st hand reviews I've heard so far.

You going to meet her gives me hope that it might one day happen for me as it's usually the US members that share the meet and greet stories. It's nice to know someone so close to Ireland managed to make the trip and meet her.

One day...

MysteriousWisdom
Little Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

It was a great night indeed Kiera,i will never forget it although for once in my life i was totally tounge-tied,i was intending to stroll up to Jewel for my pic and to have her sign the free photo provided and tell her i had travelled from the UK to see her perform live and also tell her i was a proud owner of one of her Signature Taylor guitars,tell her about me being involved in the JKF etc....however, i found myself standing with her spelling out my name...C..R..A..W..F..Y..for her to sign my photo and then i kind of froze,it was so strange,i was very nervous indeed,i was full of regret afterwards though,i said to myself...why did you not say this & say that etc,i'm sure she would have been ok about it.
I must say though,when she walked into the room i was totally blown away,she was absolutely stunning,i was just amazed,honestly,i cant even describe it...WOW !
I forgot to give her a gift that i had taken from Scotland,i had a friend who is a jeweler to make me a Silver guitar pick (plectrum) and put it on a chain,i had him set a small diamond stone one one side and i had Jewel engraved on it like her personal plectrums are,i had it in my bag and when she walked out to do the Almost Famous interview i gave it to a backstage guy and asked him to give it to Jewel or her assistant Amy.
I was worried she might not receive it so i joined Twitter and am following her,i asked her if she got it and today she said in a post...'Thanks to all my fans for the lovely gifts,the book of my lyrics,the guitar pick necklace and some cookies etc...i was delighted,she has it at least.
I got my guitar strap signed outside before the gig as i was early and was standing across from the tour bus with a couple of local guys when Amy came over and told us Jewel was getting ready but would sign some items for us so i thought i may not have time at the meet & greet to have things signed so i gave my leather strap over and Amy came back with it signed,nice one.
Also,when everyone had their pics taken with Jewel and she was heading out of the room i asked her if she would sign my guitar certificate,she did and then left,i was so pleased.
The show was superb,i dont think anyone could fault it,i loved every minute of it,she was charming,funny,warm,sang so beautifully and just captivated the audience.
I really hope you will have your chance to see her...you really deserve it with all of the hard work you put into this site,here's hoping she will come to the UK or even Europe in the near future and we will all see her perform.
I loved my experience,it was one of the best days of my life,i will treasure it forever.
Take care Kiera,Crawfy x.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi Kiera,anything is possible,i just thought that since Jewel has been married to Ty for over a year now they would be considering trying for a baby so it may be some time...if ever that she will venture across to Europe or the Uk.
So,i decided to go for it,i sold my motorbike,bought my VIP ticket,flew to Florida,stayed at a friend holiday villa in Orlando for a few days holiday,then drove over 100 miles to Sarasota for the Jewel gig and then back just over another 100 miles back to Orlando,got back to the villa at 12.30am and then had to leave for the Airport at 3.45am to get my flight home to Glasgow,it was a tiring adventure but i wanted to see Jewel so badly,it was worth all of the hassle,i achieved a dream...i not only saw a Jewel concert,i met her and was pictured with her...amazing.
I now have that picture as my screen saver just so as to remind me it all actually even happened.
Your time will come Kiera,i'm sure of it....i kind of feel funny now,when i had the concert and the meet & greet to look forward to it was great,a real buzz,now its all over and its strange to realise its not there to get excited about now,i wish i had it all still to come...wierd.
By the way,Jewel's support act Meiko was excellent too,i only saw the last bit of her gig with the meet & greet etc but she was really good,went down a storm with the audience.
I was trying to add some pics of my signed photo and pics of the tour bus,venue and the stage etc but it says the files are too large,bummer.
I took some video clips on my camera to of the concert.

Bye for now Kiera,Crawfy x.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
Webbed
JKF Member

Webbed Between 150 and 249 pointsWebbed Between 150 and 249 points

Sounds like another happy fan!
Webbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #6
ROBARE
JKF Member

ROBARE Between 10 and 49 points

So So close to home. I was in Arizona,I would have gone down in a New York second! Maybe AZ is on the tour in next few months?I'll check back
ROBARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points
Wink

(Finally) uploading my pics from meeting Jewel in Sarasota, FL on Nov.4, 2009!!

I've come to the conclusion that I look like a deer caught in headlights in this pic! John kind of looked the same! Jewel dropped her marker on my feet so I bent down to pick it up as fast as I could and then I had barely composed myself when the girl took the picture!! And I was a quite nervous too. I had all these ideas of things I was going to say but then when the big moment happened, I FROZE UP! Even still, I have my name in her handwriting and her autograph, and this picture! It was neat that they took us on the grand tour backstage & her tour bus.

We ran into the concert opener, Meiko, during the backstage tour - she was very nice! I shook her hand! And she won at least 2 new fans that night too. She is also a singer/songwriter who plays acoustic guitar. Her last few songs were awesome, and she's so funny! Definitely go check out her music - she is one to watch! http://www.myspace.com/meiko

Also wonderful was meeting Crawfy who traveled all the way from Scotland & successfully delivered a gift to Jewel that night, as well as got his Jewel Signature guitar paperwork autographed that night! I caught that moment with my camera! At one point I thought Crawfy was going to hyperventilate & pass out from being so startstruck! It really was quite a rush, wasn't it?!

The concert was so awesome, the first one I've seen of her acoustic. I saw her for the very first time in 2008 when she opened for Brad Paisley....For this concert I had very close seats in the center!! I was blown away at how such a strong and powerful sound could come from someone so small! She's itty bitty! And she's also very shy! Did you get that impression too, Crawfy? She didn't offer hardly any words to anyone during the VIP other than to ask us our names & how to spell it. She was smiley though, but quiet. I could understand feeling standoff-ish in her situation though. It just seems like during her shows she's so candid and relaxed and down to earth... I think also she was rushed for time. Anyhow - it was a phenomenal experience that I will NEVER forget!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christie&Jewel.jpg (93.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg John&Jewel.jpg (93.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by DreamsLast; 01-30-2010 at 09:12 AM.
DreamsLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
Crawfy-Glasgow
JKF Member

Hi Christie,good to see you have managed to get your story and pics on the forum...you must be calming down by now.
Yeah,i agree with you,i think Jewel was extremely shy on a one to one basis,she is obviously completely different when on the stage,she seems so composed and confident. If i had realised that she would be so shy when meeting people then it may have helped me more,i was certainly star-struck,i regret not trying to make more conversation with her at the time,as you say though,i think she was tight for time.
We were both so nervous were'nt we,it was shocking,i was ok before it all,i felt excited but in a good way,i was thinking of the things i wanted to mention to her but when she walked into the room i was thrown off guard,i did not expect myself to freeze the way i did,funnily enough,you were effected in the same way too,how strange!
I thought she was so beautiful in person,i have never been so speechless when meeting someone,it was just a WOW moment in our lives i think.
I hope i can meet her again at some point and maybe i will handle it a little better next time....lol !
Anyway,it was fantastic meeting you and John,you are a lovely couple and it was nice to have some company on the night when i was so far from home and on my own...so thanks!
I loved the picture you sent to me of Jewel signing my guitar certificate,i was blown away with that,thanks so much!
I will try to add it here,i cant stop looking at my pics,i bet you are the same eh?
Catch up with you soon,say hi to John for me,take care...i wish i was back in sunny Florida!

Byeeeeee ! xx.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #9
DreamsLast
~~Moderator~~

DreamsLast Between 50 and 149 points

Hi Crawfy! Sorry I have not been on the JKF for a little while! Now that it's been awhile since the M&G I still have these moments when I think to myself "Did that REALLY happen"? It was so surreal!! It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to!!! John and I had the time of our lives. We spent the next couple nights on the beach on Lido Key, just a few miles from the concert hall.

I hear she's going on tour again already, in June 2010. I'm definitely going to be hoping for another chance for a M&G, that would be awesome! (How about you?) Now that I'm no longer a "newbie" Jewel Meet & Greeter (ha!), maybe a 2nd chance will give me the opportunity to say something more than a nervous-sounding, completely boring "I've been a fan for a long time" comment!! haha!